Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 93   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 199650 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 16:10:33 »

What I like about cricket is the banter, plenty of humour and piss taking without the nastiness of a Football match and appreciation also shown to the opposition.

I remember going to a Glos v Somerset Sunday League game at Bristol & it rained most of the day.
So we spent quite a lot of it in the Jessops Tavern where the fans of either side were having a Pool match between them. There was much beer (and cider) flowing and lots of singing & banter flying around but no hint of a fight breaking out.

The irony being that most of them were City & Rovers fans and wanting to kick the shit out of each other a few months later
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 16:15:26 »

I remember going to a Glos v Somerset Sunday League game at Bristol & it rained most of the day.
So we spent quite a lot of it in the Jessops Tavern where the fans of either side were having a Pool match between them. There was much beer (and cider) flowing and lots of singing & banter flying around but no hint of a fight breaking out.

The irony being that most of them were City & Rovers fans and wanting to kick the shit out of each other a few months later

Good story posh! I'm surprised more locals don't go to Bristol when Gloucestershire are playing there as it's a decent day out.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 16:41:47 »

Really looking forward to my day at Lords, haven’t spent the last 2 days sat in my ass watching in front of the TV.

I’m off to Gloucestershire v Kent tonight in the 20/20. Hopefully a bit of evening entertainment and a good game.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 16:46:25 »

Should be a good night if the predicted showers stay away.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 17:10:12 »

Is it a long day being inside the stadium over 7 hours?

Not at all although it felt like it sometimes when queuing for beer, I joined 1 queue with about 6 ppl in front of me and it still took 40 minutes to get served, bit of a shambles in that regard.  Like I say though in the stands themselves flew by, especially once the Hollies was rocking.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 17:12:05 »

Oh, and the group behind us, it turns out, came to the bar I run in the Alpes in March, hopefully they'll return this winter coming.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 17:53:12 »

Oh, and the group behind us, it turns out, came to the bar I run in the Alpes in March, hopefully they'll return this winter coming.

It sounds like you had a cracking day Tom how did you get there train or other means🤔

Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 19:33:42 »

Via car to Geneva, flight to Luton, bus to MK then train to New Street, was a long day.  Just done similar on the way back except two train changes and flying from Gatwick, need to drive again now which is about 2.5 hours.  I do have some left over curry from last night to look forward to once back rhough
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Saturday, June 17, 2023, 19:40:56 »

Wow that's dedication 😀

Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 07:50:29 »

Ultimately a very disappointing day 2. Broad’s no-ball was shocking and Foakes wouldn’t have made the mistakes that Johnny did. But still have a lead and the game is finely poised, it’s been one helluva test match for the neutral. Come on England!
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 08:43:28 »

Really disappointing day 2 after winning the first session. Carey, Khawaja, alongside some lower order blows from Cummins and Lyon should be able to get the Aussies to parity, or a little bit ahead. Third innings are never easy and on a pitch offering something to the spinners, Lyon fancy his chances. The Bairstow missed stumping, dropped catch and Broad no ball summed up how that last session went. Very nervous for today
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 08:51:32 »

I'm not too down, a few things went wrong yesterday but chances are being created, it's not like the Aussies look completely dominant at any point. As hard as the third innings could be, the fourth will be worse. The Aussies will need a proper lead, a 20-30 isn't going to cut it.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 08:58:46 »

I'm not too down, a few things went wrong yesterday but chances are being created, it's not like the Aussies look completely dominant at any point. As hard as the third innings could be, the fourth will be worse. The Aussies will need a proper lead, a 20-30 isn't going to cut it.

True, but then again, think Lyon in the third innings will be more threatening than Ali in the fourth, just due to his consistency. Still, you’d like to think Crawley, Duckett, Pope, Root, Brook, Stokes and Bairstow have enough to get us a healthy lead. Australia have a poor record chasing fourth innings, especially in England
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 10:15:13 »

Bairstow isnt helping himself in the Foakes debate, is he?
I just can’t see who you drop to get Foakes in after Bairstows innings with the bat.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Sunday, June 18, 2023, 10:36:43 »

Bairstow isnt helping himself in the Foakes debate, is he?
I just can’t see who you drop to get Foakes in after Bairstows innings with the bat.

To play devils advocate he scored 78, but the missed stumping & dropped catch have probably cost more.
Obviously that’s a sample of one innings but it’s clearly something that needs to be thought through
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 93   Go Up
Print
Jump to: