Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Chile  (Read 4034 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 23:47:06 »

Watched the game but really took nothing in really. England were shite and Sanchez looked a good player for them!

Whilst I'd love us to beat the Germans on Tuesday, I can't see it happening! Interestingly I saw of the 6 meetings since 2000 vs Germany we have won 3 (euro 2000, 5-1 and 2-1 over there) and lost 3 (wembley 00 0-1, wembley 07 1-2 and wc 2010 4-1), thought our record was worse than that against them!

#VivaKenBarlow!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 00:40:17 »

I was there tonight.....proper shit it was.

I saw England take two corners that went 3 yards to a defender.......this summed up the match..

Fucked off at 80 minutes and missed the second goal.

Chile were good and really didn't need the play acting and fouling to beat us.

Clems Army!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 01:19:02 »

Glad we used that game to see what James Milner can bring to the table... what a pointless selection, we know all about him, was a perfect time to play someone (anyone) else

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 01:54:53 »

Whatever we think of England, it seems quite apathetic in the main, I think it's a big shame that the passion for the national side has diminished. I remember WC 1990, the fact we made it to the semis, out on the piss for every England game (me), the ill fitting 5th kit replica shirt (sort of a Coventry blue), passion from the players ala Pearce. Euros 92 and USA 94 we can forget, then came Euro 96 - songs, passion, a bit of traditional Ingerland, then losing to Germany again. France 98, Euros in Greece, next WC in Japan / S Korea then Germany away. I think it's after that when it all changed - and here we are. What changed?
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 01:57:30 »

A lot of people went to Germany. I wonder if they put something in the Beer....

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 07:24:07 »

England didn't qualify for 94 did they?

I'll always watch the England games on TV if A) There's nothing else on, or, B) I'm not at work.

I generally get bored of International football anyway.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 08:26:12 »

England didn't qualify for 94 did they?

I'll always watch the England games on TV if A) There's nothing else on, or, B) I'm not at work.

I generally get bored of International football anyway.
No, they f*ckin didn't! You had to buy tickets for the finals before it was known who had qualified. I had tickets for the DC games and had to watch Norway who qualified at our expense!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 09:01:51 »

No, they f*ckin didn't! You had to buy tickets for the finals before it was known who had qualified. I had tickets for the DC games and had to watch Norway who qualified at our expense!

Not that you're still bitter about it Smiley

Roaming the land while you sleep..
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 10:04:48 »

Two Ronald Koeman goals did for us  Sad
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 11:07:23 »

Whatever we think of England, it seems quite apathetic in the main, I think it's a big shame that the passion for the national side has diminished. I remember WC 1990, the fact we made it to the semis, out on the piss for every England game (me), the ill fitting 5th kit replica shirt (sort of a Coventry blue), passion from the players ala Pearce. Euros 92 and USA 94 we can forget, then came Euro 96 - songs, passion, a bit of traditional Ingerland, then losing to Germany again. France 98, Euros in Greece, next WC in Japan / S Korea then Germany away. I think it's after that when it all changed - and here we are. What changed?

You got older.

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 11:46:55 »

Whatever we think of England, it seems quite apathetic in the main, I think it's a big shame that the passion for the national side has diminished.

I've said it before, but I regard it as a good thing...means you can watch an England game in a pub, without the presence of people who know next to jack shit about the game. You tend to have then, the types who you had before Italia 90, proper fans.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 12:13:47 »

Sounds like you got lucky then, the opportunity to see arguably Norway's best ever side in action at the World Cup with Fjørtoft up front.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 14:31:02 »

Sounds like you got lucky then, the opportunity to see arguably Norway's best ever side in action at the World Cup with Fjørtoft up front.
He was on the bench for the games I saw - And I got abused by Leeds & Spurs fans for wearing my Town shirt. However, I got welcomed with open arms by a group of Norwegians!!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: