Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1269299 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #4680 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 19:49:21 »

I aint seen any of them but keep meaning to. The lotr trilogy were up there with the best films of the last decade imo.

the thing that bothered me about the LOTR apart from being so fucking long was that at the very end the bird thingy that took them home, why didn't they just use that to fly there, drop the ring off and fly back and save me 12 hours ??

Also Sean Bean - his bloody accent - "eer Frodo lad, put kettle on"

The Bourne trilogy is an awesome set of films, progressively getting slightly worse as the action scenes become more and more fancy. And Franka Potente is top bit of flange
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #4681 on: Sunday, December 11, 2011, 22:18:33 »

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4682 on: Monday, December 12, 2011, 13:02:53 »

Watched 2nd mummy film last night, Well some of it, got bored after an hour and half so turned it off.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #4683 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 00:47:23 »

Watched 'Senna' the other day and was genuinely moved by the film. 

Have to say watching it completely changed my views of him.  For the past twenty-something years I haven't liked him, to me he was a cheat, a dirty driver.  I don't really know why, pretty sure I don't remember the Prost crash at Suzuka as I would only have been nine at the time (1990) and it's not something that sticks in my mind.  It might just be because he was beating Mansell and later Hill... 

That opinion was completely reversed within the first 10 - 15 minutes.

A truly moving documentary about a gifted person who got tangled up in the politics of the sport and made a few decisions that clearly didn't sit right with him.

The great thing about the film is that you don't have to be a motorsports fan to appreciate it.  My wife watched it with me and liked it yet she hates F1. 

I implore all of you who are yet to watch it, to beg, borrow or steal a copy and watch it.  You won't be disappointed.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4684 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2011, 07:18:43 »

Senna is great, but it does favour his side of  the story where the Prost crashes are concerned. No problem with that but its not unbiased.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #4685 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 20:58:55 »

Fucking hell this Harry Potter shit is dreadful isn't it?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Barry Scott

« Reply #4686 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 22:00:46 »

Yeah, they're utter rubbish, but at the same time, if you've read the books you have to watch the films innit. The books are superb, the films are the opposite.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4687 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 22:13:44 »

Just watched the inbetweeners again. Hehe
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #4688 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 22:15:51 »

Senna is great, but it does favour his side of  the story where the Prost crashes are concerned. No problem with that but its not unbiased.

I think its very hard to produce a truly objective documentary on an individual.  Plus, we all know that Prost was an evil genius sent to take over the world and poison the minds of children.  Senna saved us all.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4689 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 22:16:40 »

Watched 'Senna' the other day and was genuinely moved by the film.  

Have to say watching it completely changed my views of him.  For the past twenty-something years I haven't liked him, to me he was a cheat, a dirty driver.  I don't really know why, pretty sure I don't remember the Prost crash at Suzuka as I would only have been nine at the time (1990) and it's not something that sticks in my mind.  It might just be because he was beating Mansell and later Hill...  

That opinion was completely reversed within the first 10 - 15 minutes.

A truly moving documentary about a gifted person who got tangled up in the politics of the sport and made a few decisions that clearly didn't sit right with him.

The great thing about the film is that you don't have to be a motorsports fan to appreciate it.  My wife watched it with me and liked it yet she hates F1.  

I implore all of you who are yet to watch it, to beg, borrow or steal a copy and watch it.  You won't be disappointed.

Agree completely on it being a brilliant piece of work- I'm too young to have known the story before watching (other than the ending) and made the mistake of watching it on a plane and blubbed just about everywhere.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #4690 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 08:58:08 »

Brought that in the week, not as funny as people make out in my opinion!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #4691 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 09:27:45 »

Gonna watch The Human Centipede 2 today.

Gulp.

Ignore
« Reply #4692 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 10:34:14 »

I started watching it yesterday but had to turn it off as my daughter was in the room.

Ignore
« Reply #4693 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 20:03:20 »

Wasn't quite as good as i thought it would be. Still enjoyable though
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4694 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 20:12:22 »

Finally finished watching all of the extended Lord of the Rings films this weekend. Return of the King was over 4 hours long! Still, great films though.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: