Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62475 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 16:27:36 »

My brother is undet the impression they are 100% gone anyway
There would be no way back for him regardless. No one believes he didn’t speak to Charlton in the summer, no one believes he was 1st choice and now with this whole fiasco there’s no way he’d have any support amongst the fanbase especially in combination with the god awful football. He’s done here, Clem would have to be beyond naive to think he could keep Lindsey in post.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 16:37:09 »

I suspect that if Lindsey was going under his own steam the club knew about it and have been making enquiries for a successor. If the club have parted company with Lindsey then again they will have been making enquiries to replace him. I doubt whatever the truth about his departure Digger and Aberdeen we’re not sat on their hands doing the square route of fuck all about it. Therefore my feeling is that an announcement of his departure will be followed very closely by an appointment. The two week window has and will be seen as pivotal in the whole saga.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 16:46:27 »

There would be no way back for him regardless. No one believes he didn’t speak to Charlton in the summer, no one believes he was 1st choice and now with this whole fiasco there’s no way he’d have any support amongst the fanbase especially in combination with the god awful football. He’s done here, Clem would have to be beyond naive to think he could keep Lindsey in post.

A significant minority of our fan base would still tell you he's a nice guy, get behind him, I promise you.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 16:49:24 »

Would you want the current DoF/Technical Director overseeing the recruitment of a new manager after the balls up he made of the summer? I know I wouldn’t.

I still expect both to leave.

if a new manager came in and we got some form and promotion then the recruitment was fine. im going to reserve a bit more judgement as I think a lot of our issues were the management and not so much the personel. brynn, clayton, khan, wakeling, FBT, hutton are really good players for me. not exactly all misses by any stretch
DMC

« Reply #154 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 16:55:33 »

A significant minority of our fan base would still tell you he's a nice guy, get behind him, I promise you.
No they wouldn't, not now.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:04:12 »

No they wouldn't, not now.

There were still a significant number of people defending Lee Power very late in in to his tenure and couldn't understand where the negativity was coming from. That is far more egregious than not wanting a mid table/lower play off manager sacked because they've been interviewed for another job.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:04:30 »

Don’t think so, only the most naive happy clapper would support him now. Match days would be so toxic everyone would want a chance just to draw a line under things.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:09:47 »

if a new manager came in and we got some form and promotion then the recruitment was fine. im going to reserve a bit more judgement as I think a lot of our issues were the management and not so much the personel. brynn, clayton, khan, wakeling, FBT, hutton are really good players for me. not exactly all misses by any stretch

Khan is not a mainstay of a top three L2 team, not yet, maybe never.
Hutton is very good going forward for this level, not so good in defence
Wakeling is someone who we can develop, not a top three talent right now
FBT=Rob Hunt, a relaible L2 level player.  I'd have him in a squad going for promotion, but he is loaned from a L1 team for a reason.
Clayton - similar to Wakeling but with a bit more about him now, a good signing
Brynn - the only one I'd like for the league above right now (not dismissing Wakeling, just that Brynn looks like he would be good higher up the leagues even right now).

It's not a terrible bunch, but it shows why we are not in the Automatic hunt if those are the best of what we brought in.  If they have a few seasons behind them, they may all be better.  I'd be happy with them all IF they were sprinkled in on top of players who are ready right now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:14:32 »

This.

I’d give all the players recruited in the summer a chance under a new manager before judging.
Adeloye has really been the only huge miss (and that could be down to lack of game time) Hutton, Lavinier, MacDonald, Clayton, Brennan, FBT, Khan, Darcy, Jephcott, RHM, Shade, Wakeling have all shown enough for me to suggest they’d do better under different tactics.

Practically,  all the players from last season have regressed as well under this seasons regime. Reed, Iandolo, Williams.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:16:26 »

Practically,  all the players from last season have regressed as well under this seasons regime. Reed, Iandolo, Williams.

That tells you the most about Lindseys part in it, in my opinion. Although I'd probably prefer we were shot of Sandro as well in all honesty.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:19:18 »

That tells you the most about Lindseys part in it, in my opinion. Although I'd probably prefer we were shot of Sandro as well in all honesty.

As I said.

Think we need a bigger sample size and the rest of the season under a new manager before we judge.

For all we know (and I know the probability is highly unlikely but..) all the recruitment could be pretty spot on - just wasted by the management / coaches.

…of course the opposite is also a possibility and the recruitment might be awful and the best manager in the world wouldn’t get a decent tune out of these players
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:23:10 »

This.

I’d give all the players recruited in the summer a chance under a new manager before judging.
Adeloye has really been the only huge miss (and that could be down to lack of game time) Hutton, Lavinier, MacDonald, Clayton, Brennan, FBT, Khan, Darcy, Jephcott, RHM, Shade, Wakeling have all shown enough for me to suggest they’d do better under different tactics.

Practically,  all the players from last season have regressed as well under this seasons regime. Reed, Iandolo, Williams.

I don’t think you can say Williams has regressed. I think he hit more goals in his first few games than all of last season (but faded a bit since then admittedly). Can’t argue about the others though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:26:57 »

I don’t think you can say Williams has regressed. I think he hit more goals in his first few games than all of last season (but faded a bit since then admittedly). Can’t argue about the others though.

Regressing might have been a better term. The World Cup holiday came at the completely wrong time for him & for us imo

Williams to me, isn’t getting involved enough (or as much as he was early season) but I put that down to tactics / formation / style of play rather than Williams personally.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:27:09 »

Khan is not a mainstay of a top three L2 team, not yet, maybe never.
Hutton is very good going forward for this level, not so good in defence
Wakeling is someone who we can develop, not a top three talent right now
FBT=Rob Hunt, a relaible L2 level player.  I'd have him in a squad going for promotion, but he is loaned from a L1 team for a reason.
Clayton - similar to Wakeling but with a bit more about him now, a good signing
Brynn - the only one I'd like for the league above right now (not dismissing Wakeling, just that Brynn looks like he would be good higher up the leagues even right now).

It's not a terrible bunch, but it shows why we are not in the Automatic hunt if those are the best of what we brought in.  If they have a few seasons behind them, they may all be better.  I'd be happy with them all IF they were sprinkled in on top of players who are ready right now.

none of those are bad players so i don't think sandro can be blamed for those which was the original point.

sprinkle those on top of players that are ready now: well we have reed, jephcott, williams and austin that should walk into any team in league 2 and would probably get some game time in the league above.

we all know that hasnt been the case and im looking forward to seeing how a new manager can make it click. if nothing changes then its validated
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 17:27:36 »

Williams was a bit up and down last season as well, plus he was used in rotation with Gladwin a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: