Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 [114]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 138951 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1695 on: Today at 18:08:36 »

Not being funny but why would you take on all that extra work and responsibility for no extra money? I sure as hell wouldnt
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1696 on: Today at 18:12:28 »

Don’t think he’s wrong tbh.

Results weren’t great but it’s not like Gav was trying to get bad results.
He’s stepped up to help out and just not done a great job of it for no extra financial reward.
No guarantee another manager would have done any better…
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1697 on: Today at 18:14:00 »

Not being funny but why would you take on all that extra work and responsibility for no extra money? I sure as hell wouldnt

Surely most people would take an interim promotion on the same money to get their foot in the door to hopefully get the position full time & the pay rise that would go with it…
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1698 on: Today at 18:16:00 »

Don’t think he’s wrong tbh.

Results weren’t great but it’s not like Gav was trying to get bad results.
He’s stepped up to help out and just not done a great job of it for no extra financial reward.
No guarantee another manager would have done any better…

Agreed. No major issue with Gunning. Tried his best. Never felt he was a football terrorist like the Sheridactyl. Just out of his depth but understand him taking the gig.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1699 on: Today at 18:43:49 »

Surely most people would take an interim promotion on the same money to get their foot in the door to hopefully get the position full time & the pay rise that would go with it…

Totally reasonable the first few times for a game or two. For four months though? I think I'd be asking a few questions after the first month or so!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1700 on: Today at 18:54:00 »

Cafery is right in that there's no need to attack gunning the person. None of us know him. I'm sure he's put 100% in.

I think it's more than fair to question his credentials and his results. I don't think they was the point he was making at all though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1701 on: Today at 19:13:56 »

Didn’t he have to be labelled ‘interim’ because he didn’t have his badges when he took the job.
Freeloader

Ignore
« Reply #1702 on: Today at 19:25:11 »

Cafery is right in that there's no need to attack gunning the person. None of us know him. I'm sure he's put 100% in.

I think it's more than fair to question his credentials and his results. I don't think they was the point he was making at all though.

Gav assisted by Jimmy Shan gave a decent points return until it didn't matter.  I would have no problem with that duo aside from a bit of polishing for media skills.  I don't think Klopp or Pep would achieve much without their assistants.  So, the loan manager had two or three jobs to do, what does anyone expect?  The issue of new manager is above and beyond Gav, who I wish well.
« Last Edit: Today at 19:27:24 by Freeloader » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1703 on: Today at 19:35:10 »

The hope is, with a new manager - any new manager - that he will demand certain criteria being in place before accepting the job.

The problem with Gav was that he was happy to accept any and all conditions as Clem set out - probably, and understandably, in hope of getting the gig permanently
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1704 on: Today at 19:52:07 »

I dunno, getting the other guy to lie about Karachi at the fans forum, accusing fans who dared question Morfuni as not having the clubs interests at heart, his complete rewriting of history and performances. It’s not only results, the guy was symbolic of the regime just showing utter contempt for the fans.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1705 on: Today at 20:47:35 »

Surprised to see a few defending Gunning here.

This random outburst by Les was off the back of a harmless joke on social media.

The club, or their employees, are going to need to have much thicker skin than that going forward.

Especially if Gunning is given the gig full time.

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1706 on: Today at 21:36:20 »

It’s been an interesting few hours that’s for sure. I’m not sure anyone has attacked gunning personally so unsure why the scout has piped up tbh. Probably toeing the company line. End of the day, the club is a mess.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 [114]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: