Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nile Ranger signs  (Read 101596 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #225 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 17:20:36 »

I was telling a joke myself you tool.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 17:23:49 »

No need to defend yourself kerry red. I got the implicitness of the joke.

Had a giggle at Flashheart's too. Good work.
kerry red

« Reply #227 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 17:24:46 »

This may seem a bit radical, but how about we all wait until this comes to court and the verdict is announced.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 17:27:24 »

that isn't the way the internet works though is it.  i could accuse any of you of whatever i wanted and with enough people believing it it would soon become 'true'

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 17:29:41 »

This may seem a bit radical, but how about we all wait until this comes to court and the verdict is announced.

Fuck that. Joke,be serious,say what the fuck you like. If people don't like it then who gives a shit?
kerry red

« Reply #230 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 17:31:56 »

that isn't the way the internet works though is it.  i could accuse any of you of whatever i wanted and with enough people believing it it would soon become 'true'

Quite true - until they work out who Kinky Tom is and you lose your fingers!!

JOKE ALERT! JOKE ALERT!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 18:47:48 »

which should actually be 'lynched', I presume Officer? Smiley
True, but linched is what I have written in my pocket book and my pocket book only contains the truth (albeit spelt badly)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 19:40:26 »

I don't post on here often, much less get wound up by what's on here usually, but the reaction to Rangers charge has really got my goat.

I don't know the full details, neither do any of us until the court case.

Yet we've had people suggesting because it was in a hotel it can't be rape, some childish chants glorfying his alleged crime at the game yesterday, and finally Kerry Reds 'joke' which I'm not sure entirely was in jest, and even if it was, it's in pretty poor taste.

This used to be the place that if you were offended by pretty poor taste, you either didn't register or didn't read threads that were likely to offend you.  This whole subject is pretty close to home with somebody in my close family, I could get offended, or I could realise that this is a football forum that is 80% bollocks and is here for a bit of debate and light hearted banter

If I wanted to discuss more serious issues and get offended by a forum I would join more serious ones than this.  I choose to post on here because of the 80% bollocks, and I am sure there have been far worse LNT's in the past that people have posted far worse in and are now disgusted by what is being posted in this one.

We welcome new members by calling them Cunts FFS.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 20:15:26 »

This thread needs more jayohaitchenn and DMR to balance out the bollocks/serious ratio.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 20:35:42 »

Actually that's not strictly true - arresting, charging and bringing someone to court is the easy bit... The hard bit is proving to the jury that the woman was raped... By which time the bloke has been pinched anyway...

Strictly it is true....for every reported rape that gets to court...another reported rape will not due to lack of evidence.
So as i say the police must have good evidence of a crime like this for it to reach a court room.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 21:50:02 »

This thread needs more jayohaitchenn and DMR to balance out the bollocks/serious ratio.
Agreed.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 21:51:30 »

Strictly it is true....for every reported rape that gets to court...another reported rape will not due to lack of evidence.
So as i say the police must have good evidence of a crime like this for it to reach a court room.
Granted, there has to be evidence to support the charge but the prima facie evidence in rape is that sex took place and that it wasn't consensual... So, if both parties agree sex took place and a woman states it wasn't consensual then in theory there is sufficient evidence to charge but maybe insufficient evidence to convict - it is one persons word against another where it is unlikely that other witnesses would be present to corroborate either side of the story... The CPS make the decision, not the police and, regardless of the decision by the CPS, the person charged with rape is innocent until proven guilty because, as I have witnessed first hand during investigation, women, like men, do actually tell lies sometimes...

Rape is the most repugnant crime but so is being falsely accused of it and I don't know the facts of Rangers case but will base my views  on the outcome and not before...

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, August 18, 2013, 23:08:38 »

Granted, there has to be evidence to support the charge but the prima facie evidence in rape is that sex took place and that it wasn't consensual... So, if both parties agree sex took place and a woman states it wasn't consensual then in theory there is sufficient evidence to charge but maybe insufficient evidence to convict - it is one persons word against another where it is unlikely that other witnesses would be present to corroborate either side of the story... The CPS make the decision, not the police and, regardless of the decision by the CPS, the person charged with rape is innocent until proven guilty because, as I have witnessed first hand during investigation, women, like men, do actually tell lies sometimes...

Rape is the most repugnant crime but so is being falsely accused of it and I don't know the facts of Rangers case but will base my views  on the outcome and not before...

Exactly, which is why names shouldn't become public until found guilty.  Whether guilty or not an accused rapist always gets a life sentence, whether behind bars or socially.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, August 19, 2013, 03:51:49 »

Maybe the previous form of the accused also had a lot to do with the decision to prosecute.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, August 19, 2013, 06:20:45 »

Maybe the previous form of the accused also had a lot to do with the decision to prosecute.

Erm, no. There is nothing in his previous that would suggest he was a rapist...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: