Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Resigned  (Read 38045 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:37:47 »

This sounds like a short term appointment to me.  A three month contract maybe...with attractive bonus attached for keeping us up.

Thing is...now is not the time to bring in our next long term manager anyway.  Why?  Because our next long term manager, if he's any good, probably doesn't want to join a club that's odds on to be playing in Division 4 next year.

I'd say the most likely plan Fitton is aiming for is

• Hart appointed to the end of this season.
  • Hart keeps us up.
  • Hart leaves with everyone's thanks and a very tasty bonus for his summer holidays.
  • Fitton advertises manager's position again in May, atttracting a far better field of candidates than he could hope to at present.

Spot on Ardiles.

As Costanza says though, the Adver did say that Money was about to be appointed prior to Wilson so it could all still be complete bollocks. (I doubt it though)
iffy

« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:38:48 »

Agree this doesn't seem to fit the proven part of Fitton's spec.
His only real "success" seems to be taking Forest to pay-offs which was followed by a poor next season, including a 14 match run without a win, when he was sacked in Feb (Hmm sounds broadly familiar..)
His 65 matches with 4 clubs since leaving Barnsley have brought 69 points - with the average of about 1 point per game at all these - not really what we need right now.

And if I was being hyper-critical, I might suggest that a fair amount of his Forest success was down to taking a bunch of lads that he had as kids through to the first team.

But I'm not being critical, I'm clapping and cheering and getting behind him in the hope he keeps us up.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:40:45 »

I see that one of the bunch of lads at Forest was Prutton.
Let's hope he knows how to make him perform at the level that we expected but have yet to see.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:43:00 »

I think Hart fits that bill to be honest. He has 'proven' that he can take a club out of the mire.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:43:37 »

Kept portsmouth up as well when with them, so succesfully prevented two relegations with the palace one, maybe he can keep us up.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:43:44 »

Maybe Prutton recommended him?

He certainly seems to be influential in the dressing room, despite his poor form on the pitch.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:44:14 »

Most worryingly I notice he's from Wigan like Wilson... pie eating mafia
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:45:40 »

If it's a short-term appointment until the end of the season then hopefully Fitton's getting in the man who had the best mix of experience, enthusiasm and authority.

If it is Hart, I can't help but feel he has been picked because he is a) willing to do short-term stints and b) is a name most of our fans would have heard of. Hopefully the appointment will galvanize the team as that's what counts but it won't inspire the fans at all.
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:46:59 »

Played for Sheffield Wednesday when we stuffed them on that famous day in 1985!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:47:39 »

If he keeps us up...he will get the job permanent no doubt about it.

Lets hope he is manager next season then eh!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:49:48 »

Si Pie, a lot of fans are underwhelmed (including myself) but if the team wins on Saturday everybody will be behind him. I remember when Wilson got the job, everyone was expecting someone bigger, the fans were disappointed, then as soon as he kept us up and got us going, he was our saviour. Fans are fickle.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:53:16 »

Yes yes, give the man a chance. You'll be singing his name if we stay up. Etc, etc.

But I'm going to give my opinion anyway:

Paul Hart = desperate underwhelming unfathomable choice.
   a. Bad track record
   b. Will not inspire fans
   c. Will not drive season ticket sales.

Now I'm clinging on to some hope that Wilson had pissed of the entire squad and somehow his leaving will kick start our survival hopes.

If he does walk the walk then great, my opinion will be one more of many wrong ones I have had.

Also WTF is the timing of all this about. It makes no sense whatsoever.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:57:00 by Batch » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:53:25 »

Who the fuck else would come to club on the verge of relegation!

It's threads like this that make me think fans having a say at a club may actually be a bad thing.  We all want Ferguson and believe our club to be bigger and better than it really is (most of our Managers have been run of the mill types with a brief period where we punched above our weight).
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:57:32 »

Another Leeds United connection too Smiley

[url width=470 height=350]http://cms.442.haymarketnetwork.com/contentimages/blog/FourFourTwoView/PaulHart1978.jpg[/url]
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:57:42 »

Oh, and before it gets lost in the new manager shitstorm, goodbye and good luck Danny. This seasons been a massive disappointment obviously but you took us to Wembley and not many can say that. Time to go now but thanks for the memories.
Well said lr.

Not convinced Wilson actually resigned. More likely Fitton told him he was history and gave him the choice of the wording. The fact that they've got a replacement lined up suggests they've been looking for a few days, most likely since Saturday evening
Given the speed they've moved at previously more like several weeks.

I'm with Mex, holding out for Tony Hart - new club badge:
[url width=311 height=420]http://www.ilike.org.uk/images/vision-on-poster.jpg[/url]

Whoever it is, can we please just get behind the fucker for the next few weeks? At least until it's an arithmetical certainty. Even if it's Martin Bloody Allen
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: