Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 22789 times)
Carnegie

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 16:01:11 »

If we're going to play three at the back (and Flynn seems to) FBT in the three makes sense as he can carry the ball forward. FBT, Clayton and a monstrous RCB would work well I imagine.
FBT and Clayton together in a back three would just not be balanced, both far too left sided
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 16:07:08 »

"... Clubs have to confirm released and retained lists to EFL by May 20 (Saturday). No guarantee clubs will publish those lists on their channels by then, however. #STFC"

The advers JL.

With the way communication at the club is a shambles it will probably be announced in the match preview for the first game of next season.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 16:13:08 »

With the way communication at the club is a shambles it will probably be announced in the match preview for the first game of next season.

Will probably be announced at the fans forum
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 16:13:35 »

as LSP quip "Still in negotiations with Rob Hunt".. Sums us up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 16:14:19 »

Will probably be announced at the fans forum

Cancelled again. Ran out of milk for Clem's Latte.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 16:32:44 »

"... Clubs have to confirm released and retained lists to EFL by May 20 (Saturday). No guarantee clubs will publish those lists on their channels by then, however. #STFC"

The advers JL.

Clearly I have no clue about why it's taken so long to announce, (I think other clubs haven't either so i'm chilled about it) but you wonder whether players that weren't in the clubs plans now are in Flynns, and vice versa and this is taking time to sort out and go through. Maybe he's trying to convince Jonny Williams to stay and he'll build a team around him (for instance)

If we're going to play three at the back (and Flynn seems to) FBT in the three makes sense as he can carry the ball forward. FBT, Clayton and a monstrous RCB would work well I imagine.

Yeah I think I kind of agree with this. I know many hate 3 at the back but if that is what Flynn likes to do then I think FBT as the LCB might work. Not sure about Clayton but we definitely need a proper bit of beef at RCB.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 16:46:55 »

I admire that you think it's not just typical STFC ineptitude Bob
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 16:51:21 »

Looking at the list, you wouldn’t imagine there would be too many surprises. Multiple people have said Austin signed weeks ago, Williams looks to be off but is the only one I’d see Flynn possibly delaying this to try and convince first. The rest are either on contracts with extension options that we hold or players I’d be surprised if we offered deals to.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 18:06:08 »

We probably have the personnel for 3 at the back. Brewitt, Clayton, FBT. Hutton & Lavinier as wing backs (Devine too?) Any three of our CMs and 2 from Austin, Wakeling & RHM.

Not a fan of 352 though. Always feel it either leaves you very short of attacking players or leaves massive gaps out wide when defending. I guess it can work if you’re always on the front foot and you can push the WBs up and basically be a good enough team that they can bin off the defending.

Any game where the ball can and will go back to front really quickly it leaves you massive exposed unless you’ve got premier athletes playing there.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 18:08:38 »

We probably have the personnel for 3 at the back. Brewitt, Clayton, FBT. Hutton & Lavinier as wing backs (Devine too?) Any three of our CMs and 2 from Austin, Wakeling & RHM.

Not a fan of 352 though. Always feel it either leaves you very short of attacking players or leaves massive gaps out wide when defending. I guess it can work if you’re always on the front foot and you can push the WBs up and basically be a good enough team that they can bin off the defending.

Any game where the ball can and will go back to front really quickly it leaves you massive exposed unless you’ve got premier athletes playing there.

Devine slips my mind every single time. Was he a Flynn signing at Walsall?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 18:12:01 »

Devine slips my mind every single time. Was he a Flynn signing at Walsall?

The internet would suggest Devine joined at the end of Jan 22 and Flynn took charge mid Feb 2022.

So, Devine joined about two weeks before
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 18:12:16 »

No

Edit- DV beat me to it
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 19:48:06 »

To the average fan it doesn’t matter a jot when the retained list is published. It’s just something else to moan about.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 19:57:59 »

it's fairly irrelevant this year, we kind of already know what the score is and I'd imagine don't really care that much.

only things of interest I can think of are of Austin stays and if we sell Hutton. Neither of which will be resolved by a retained list
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 05:36:14 »

I guess the release of the retained list is when we can put the memories of this sorry season behind us, and look forward to the next chapter, hopefully a brighter one!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: