Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36740 times)
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 12:54:42 »

Down to 6900-ish home fans as well - that's got to be disappointing for the Board.

TBF it was a Tuesday game on a shitty night which may have kept some people away.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 13:05:23 »

spot on. People get carried away with both wins and losses. Too much gets read into it

We win a game = "we are going to win the league"
We lose a game = "we are destined for relegation if we're not careful"

Last time I checked, the season was determined over 46 games & not 1 game (unless of course it's the play-off final Smiley ).

Interesting stat for the saddo's out there.
After the same number of games last season we had 33 points, in 2009/10 we had 31 points.
Would suggest that the sky isn't falling in at the moment
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 13:08:55 »

Can see it getting lower, the atmosphere has been cack with all this hoofball.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 13:09:13 »

FWIW I thought we looked pretty decent first half, albeit without a cutting edge till the last 10 mins or so.

Which seem to coincide with Douglas's foul on Ferry

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 13:20:42 »

At the weekend This was better than the hoddle years and the manager was a genius for fooling everyone into the current  league position. Now we are a hoof team with no plan b. Crazy mudda fuckers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 13:55:18 »

At the weekend This was better than the hoddle years and the manager was a genius for fooling everyone into the current  league position. Now we are a hoof team with no plan b. Crazy mudda fuckers

On Saturday we were Barcelona, yesterday we were Bristol Rovers.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 13:56:56 »

At the weekend we were a hoof team where plan A worked very well  Wink

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 17:03:51 »

Too many of our fans, have picked up the modern being ludicrously fickle virus.

We're doing Ok, in roughly our historic position, have had a couple of decent wins and some shit defeats. That's what happens if you're a Town fan.

Our recent (last 15 years or so) problem has been an inability to take this to a different level, this usually leading to a slide. That problem still remains.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 17:22:40 »

Our recent (last 15 years or so) problem has been an inability to take this to a different level, this usually leading to a slide. That problem still remains.
Ha ha, only Reg could describe the last decade and a half (or so) as "recent" Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 18:02:03 »

I really cannot believe the attitude of some of our fans. We've been fucking shite the majority of this season for the players we have and find ourselves in sixth place, roughly the same as last year but in a higher league?? (we won the league last year by the way)

We've completely not hit our stride at all yet, yet we find ourselves a mere five points off the top. We've also come through a period of ridiculous injury struggles.

A lot has to be said for Paolo's intense training. It was exactly the same last year. We had lots of niggles early in the year with players looking tired and flat. The second half of the year the fitness shone through and we scored lots of late goals.

Last night was fucking dog-shit, granted. People want to have a little tantrum over it, I get that, I feel the same. But for fuck sake it's not the end of the world. Now's time to forget about last night and move on, and for god sake get behind the team next home game.

P.S If the constant shooting towards the Town End first half is anything to do with us then the decision maker on that needs shooting, sort it out Paolo.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 20:00:50 »

Out of interest, any stattos out there know what our record is like in games in which we've conceded first under Di Canio?

Our record when the opponents score first is 16th best this season out of the 24 teams, so not great.  We have conceded first on six occasions and recovered to obtain two points. 

Tranmere have the best record, having recovered 8 points on the six occasions they have gone behind.

I can't find the stats from last season.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 20:04:26 »

A couple of people have mentioned how fickle our fans are because we think we will get promoted after each win and relegated after each loss.  I think that's a little unfair; isn't it more likely to be different people each time?  I'm not sure a group of people can be fickle, it's just that different members of the group have different views.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
ChinaWhitenRed

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 20:05:12 »

I remember seeing her house, right by the beach I think
It wasn't a house. It was a wind break, nothing but a windbreak.

Change must come through the barrel of a gun
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 20:18:08 »

This doesn't sound great

Am I the only one who would like paolo to be more flexible in his formation?  For instance last night when we are being outnumbered in midfield maybe switching to a 3-5-2 or a 4-2-3-1 to at atleast allow us to get a foot hold through the extra man.

Wasn't at the game as was in mid air so am just going off what I have read on here!

so was the ball it seems 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 20:20:12 »

A couple of people have mentioned how fickle our fans are because we think we will get promoted after each win and relegated after each loss.  I think that's a little unfair; isn't it more likely to be different people each time?  I'm not sure a group of people can be fickle, it's just that different members of the group have different views.

You also have to take in to consideration idiots usually shout loudest, the bbc text ins are a magnet for them. The more rational majority tend to not want every single person to hear there opinion every minute of every day.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: