Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36737 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:37:36 »

Bonnie Tyler, singer and songwriter, lives in Mumbles.

I remember seeing her house, right by the beach I think
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:42:20 by Shaw Rosso » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:41:50 »

Just got back to the south coast and not read back yet

Dire is the word I would use. Too much hoof and not enough on the deck.

Why change the team again after such a great victory on Saturday? Our last two big wins have been with Bostock on the pitch - why drop him? Sorry Paolo you have to take some responsibility for this and not blame it on the 4 players who you think are amateurs.

Too many poor performances. Brentford did a job on us.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 08:48:37 by Bewster » Logged
ojdhaze

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 00:34:56 »

The second half was just awful, only looked like getting anywhere was when Bostock was brought on, and like others have said, why was he dropped to start with, it's not as if he has started heaps of games this season.
I think Ray Charles handed out the motm this evening as well.
Was hoping that the Yeovil game would set us on a bit of a role at home, but today was two steps backwards again.
Fair play to Brentford they took their chance, a good away performance from them, they are level on points with us now.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 06:55:56 »

I think Ray Charles handed out the motm this evening as well.

I'd have given it him as well. Strong in the tackle and won pretty much everything, a dodgy 10 minutes mid second half aside.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 07:35:46 »

He didn't have his best game, but he is still streets ahead of Roberts. I won't call Roberts a poor player - I was delighted when we signed him and I've seen him tear us to shreds single handedly for Huddersfield - he's just been so dissapointing for us. Slow, lethargic and most surprisingly showing virtually no technical ability. Bostock is dropped I can only think on the basis Hollands can get stuck in more, which is debatable. But it is Roberts, not Bostock, that is the defensive liability, constantly leaving McEveley exposed. I haven't quite worked out how he can fail to show defensively, yet not be there going forward either. I can only assume he's in the side ahead of Raffa because PDC is knows that talent is in there somewhere and needs it to show on the pitch to avoid him being another very expensive mistake. He's been that poor I wouldn't mind loaning him out somewhere if it means shedding his wage.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 07:43:25 »

This doesn't sound great

Am I the only one who would like paolo to be more flexible in his formation?  For instance last night when we are being outnumbered in midfield maybe switching to a 3-5-2 or a 4-2-3-1 to at atleast allow us to get a foot hold through the extra man.

Wasn't at the game as was in mid air so am just going off what I have read on here!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 07:51:39 »

That.bloke also called a black brentford player a spearchucker. Fucking twat.

bit surreal that was...it took me a few moments to take in what he'd just said...that guy was a fucking tool

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 08:16:54 »

This doesn't sound great

Am I the only one who would like paolo to be more flexible in his formation?  For instance last night when we are being outnumbered in midfield maybe switching to a 3-5-2 or a 4-2-3-1 to at atleast allow us to get a foot hold through the extra man.

Wasn't at the game as was in mid air so am just going off what I have read on here!

No you aren't the only one. I was there last night and the 4-4-2 does get a bit rigid and tiresome at times. If we played 4-5-1/4-4-3, I think it might promote a bit more football rather than hoof, and give us some extra width.

We did look a bit clueless when we needed to break them down last night.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 08:59:44 »

Well that was shit....

Took me back to the Wilson Hart days in the second half as we couldn't do anything right but huffed and puffed a lot.

Should of buried that header at the death.

It was a next goal wins game....and they got it!

Clems Army!
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 09:12:26 »

Pass it back to the keeper, hoof.
Get the ball into a good position, over-hit the cross.
Get the ball into a good position, over-hit the cross.
etc.

Perfect summary of the game. Has been like this for a while now.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 09:43:40 »

My bets went to rat shit...

Accumulater.

Homes:

Rotherham
Town (why do I do it?)
Colchester
Pikeys
Bmuff

All defeats and fucking draws...I give up.

Clems Army!
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:05:04 »

Well that was shit....

Took me back to the Wilson Hart days in the second half as we couldn't do anything right but huffed and puffed a lot.

I thought the same Flash. We played like a team destined for relegation in the 2nd half - completely devoid of any ideas. The heads seem to drop as soon as we went a goal down and we never looked like getting back into the game. PDC needs a plan B when the more organised (defensive) teams play here.

I'm still confident we'll beat Notts on Saturday!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:17:26 »

I wouldn't get over worried, this division is screwy, yet again no home wins last night in the games played. There is only a couple of sides who seem to be able to play at home with consistency.

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:19:55 »

I wouldn't get over worried, this division is screwy, yet again no home wins last night in the games played. There is only a couple of sides who seem to be able to play at home with consistency.
spot on. People get carried away with both wins and losses. Too much gets read into it
Flashheart

« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:28:04 »

We're close to arse raping this league. Fix whatever is going wrong at home and we'll be out of sight before long.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: