Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it or isn't it.  (Read 3821 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 12:50:30 »

I thought he ran a pet sitting service

I only have 2 pets (plus a bird's nest on a balcony).
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 13:30:54 »

Looks over on that pic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 13:33:15 »

If you look closely the shadows are coming from the wrong direction. I think this was shot in a desert in Nevada.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 13:45:26 »

I wasnt there and it looks over the line from the pictures.  But there does seem to be about 3 fouls including a blow to the face in the build up to the goal.  So it was 4 nil really.

Never knowingly overstated.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 14:30:53 »

Who gives a shit? If we hadn't scored 4 I might have been bothered, but as it is, meh.

It's All Good..............
Dozno9

« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 15:14:11 »

I believe that the goals should be 6 inches closer to the Stratton bank so therefore it shouldn't be a goal.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 15:20:01 »

Who gives a shit? If we hadn't scored 4 I might have been bothered, but as it is, meh.

Yup
fatbasher

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 18:10:29 »

It looked clearly over when I watched it on the FL Show at normal speed. Good call as it turned out.

The Linesman was in the right spot at the right time from where I sit in the DRS. Good call IMHO, only onr of a few things the officials got right on the day.
Coca Fola

« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 21:01:38 »

Clearly a goal.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 19, 2012, 21:49:34 »

I'm still not convinced either way.
I watched frame by frame in slo-mo on the FL show and it appeared to me to hit the bar, come straight down, bounce on the line and then forward.
I then saw the still shot in the first post as being just before the ball hit the line rather than on the ground behind the line.

Either way the lino couldn't have done anything except guess and given the shit decisions all day from the officials I'm guessing he was wrong.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 15:54:18 »

My take on this sort of situation is that if any part of the circumference of the ball breaks the plane of the goal line then it isn't a goal. You would therfore need a fair bit of green visible twixt ball and line for it to be a goal.

I'm not convinced it was a goal looking at that image.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 16:04:23 »

I thought it was over on the day, on the highlights, and on the stills - by luck or judgement, i think the officials got it right.

They were largely rubbish (again) on Saturday, but some offsides against us were correct (coming back from an offside position to challenge for a long ball etc.), but the vitriol from some around me was hilarious. A lot of old fellas need to learn the current offside rules.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 16:45:20 »

They were largely rubbish (again) on Saturday, but some offsides against us were correct (coming back from an offside position to challenge for a long ball etc.),

Plus the Arkells side lino missed a couple too. But that doesn't count, they were in our favour Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: