Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another new manager thread.  (Read 48974 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:45:16 »

I get the fact that Tim Sherwood is Lee Power's buddy and that he's had two chances to manage in the Premier League but could someone provide a strong argument of why he'd be the right man for a struggling League One club?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:50:58 by Costanza » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 10:54:52 »

Because he's useless.  One of a long line of pathetic English managers (led by the utterly absurd Kevin Keegan) who've managed to convince gullible chairmen and supporters that mindless passion is a viable substitute for competence.
Okay. We'll forget his numerous successes then.

Apart from Alex Ferguson, I struggle to think of anyone who has had success in every job they've had. Especially those that have moved around a bit. Doesn't make them incapable though in my opinion.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 11:01:54 »

I get the fact that Tim Sherwood is Lee Power's buddy and that he's had two chances to manage in the Premier League but could someone provide a strong argument of why he'd be the right man for a struggling League One club?
Nope, couldn't even make a weak argument.  Even if he is a good manager at the level he understands (which is hardly proven beyond doubt) he clearly isn't right for us right now.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 11:03:15 »

Okay. We'll forget his numerous successes then.

Apart from Alex Ferguson, I struggle to think of anyone who has had success in every job they've had. Especially those that have moved around a bit. Doesn't make them incapable though in my opinion.
Pochetino (sp), left Espanyol bottom of the league, hasn't done too badly at Southampton and Spurs. Mark Hughes was a disaster at QPR, and Stoke are playing some great stuff.
Even a certain Mark Cooper before coming to Swindon.
You will rarely find a manager who hasn't had a bad spell, unless like Arriba said, you're Sir Alex or Guardiola.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 11:07:41 »

Its the way it is these days. Managers come and go and certain clubs and set ups suit some managers and not others. For example PDC would struggle under our current set up but under Black/Wray it was perfect for him.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 11:18:34 »

Pochetino (sp), left Espanyol bottom of the league, hasn't done too badly at Southampton and Spurs. Mark Hughes was a disaster at QPR, and Stoke are playing some great stuff.
Even a certain Mark Cooper before coming to Swindon.
You will rarely find a manager who hasn't had a bad spell, unless like Arriba said, you're Sir Alex or Guardiola.

True enough, but if you look at a manger's long term track record, some have a tendency to leave clubs in a better position than they found them, others are the opposite.  Holloway is the latter; sometimes an initial surge on the back of his 'infectious' enthusiasm but invariably ends in tears.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 11:23:51 »

We now have a pretty good idea of the sort of thing we're looking for, to me Chris Ramsey fits the bill.....available, realistic status and would seemingly would fit the Swindon Way.  Of course, we've no idea if he could get on with Power, Williams etc.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 11:36:08 »

Also, by the terms of Sherwood's severance deal, he would have it cut if he took a job within 12 months of his termination.

He's not coming here.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 15:19:02 »

Steve Cotterill will be available soon.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 16:32:11 »

Haha!😄
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 17:05:09 »

Steve Cotterill will be available soon.

Imagine Lee Power and Steve Cotterill working alongside each other, it would be like asking Brian Clough to assist Don Revie.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 17:11:20 »

Andrew Steele-Davis seems to have an obsession with mentioning Ian Baraclough on Twitter. Any substance or just trying to make out he knows more than he actually does?
Flashheart

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 17:14:57 »

He's not the most reliable journo we've had.

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 17:25:22 »

Dunno about anyone else but I find these two bob hacks that seem to have some town fans licking their arses tedious.
They all say the same thing and know about as much as the bloke down the pub anyway. Too many of the fuckers too.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 17:55:58 »

Dunno about anyone else but I find these two bob hacks that seem to have some town fans licking their arses tedious.
They all say the same thing and know about as much as the bloke down the pub anyway. Too many of the fuckers too.
Couldn't agree more, Bassam has left the Adver now, anyone notice? Thought not. Evidence would suggest Lee Power agrees with you as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: