Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Survival Sunday"  (Read 28249 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 20:49:04 »

in a way i'm a bit disapointed newcastle have gone down.that is purely because phil brown is an utter prick.
shearer didnt have long, but failed miserably to lift that squad.
now we will find out how massive a club they are in regard of their fan base

Yup, and what a prick Brown was after the game today - SMUG Smiley

Shearer was on a hiding to nothing. Newcastle were operated in a disgusting manner ever since Bobby Robson had to go. This is not a sudden thing.

Every time I've gone they've filled that stadium whether that happens next season remains to be seen - fans from Scunthorpe, Blackpool, Plymouth are in for a good weekend up here.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 20:53:05 »

Im delighted to see the smug self proclaimed best fans is the world get relegated.I hate them and hate Shearer with every ounce of my being.

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 21:17:19 »

brown might be smug,but he is very lucky.their form of late has been diobolical,i think alot of that is down to him.
i'd sack him if i was hulls chairman.he wont and they'll go down next year.

after seeing footage today of toon fans i have to say,i dont get the crying thing over football at all.are peoples lives that sad that football is worth crying over?
get a grip and a life for fucks sake

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 21:18:59 »

It was after that man city game, i think, where he rollocked the players on the pitch. He's lost the dressing room.

also he always looks 'tangoed'

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Lumps

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 21:38:36 »

It was after that man city game, i think, where he rollocked the players on the pitch. He's lost the dressing room.

That's such a tabloid argument.

That shit run of form didn't start at half time in that game it had already started, that's why he was giving them a bollocking in the first place. And in the second half of that game they were much better.

All that's happened to Hull is that the teams that played them in the first half of the season and thought they'd roll over them whilst they had a cigar on were up for it a bit more in the return games. Combine that with their small squad size starting to show and their big transfer window signing having a dodgy knee and only playing about 20 minutes for them and you have a shit few months.

And they weren't fucking lucky! Over the course of the season they got more points than 3 clubs. That's what you have to do to stay up. Just because they got most of their points early in the seaon doesn't mean they didn't earn them.

If you score in the first ten minutes of a game and win one nil is the win more lucky than a one nil after scoring in the 89th minute?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 21:40:57 »

after seeing footage today of toon fans i have to say,i dont get the crying thing over football at all.are peoples lives that sad that football is worth crying over?
get a grip and a life for fucks sake

In fairness they're hardly the first to shed tears over football! I agree with what you're saying though.

Lots of crying about today along with groups of middle aged men planning their weekend trips.
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, May 24, 2009, 22:05:13 »

In fairness they're hardly the first to shed tears over football! I agree with what you're saying though.

Lots of crying about today along with groups of middle aged men planning their weekend trips.
Never quite understood crying either....surely you would prepare yourself for worst case scenario before the match.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Spencer_White

« Reply #37 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 08:05:09 »

I thought the clearly forced Ricky Sbragia resignation on live television was a bit off - Niall Quinn lacked class in my opinion.

Completely agree. Sbraglia was clearly distraught, but Niall Quinn insisted on having him on TV so he could patronise him, all that 'he's got a job for life at Sunderland' stuff made me cringe.

To be fair to Newcastle there werent a lot of them crying in the ground. They should have got a point, which makes it funnier. Their fans seemed to clap them off at the end, which is pretty loyal. I wouldnt have. I would have sang 'what a load of rubbish' at the players. Those players have been crap for them on massive wages.

Hull to go down next season. They have played some good stuff at times this season. But the dressing room spirit looks to have gone. Could be a record low points tally?
« Last Edit: Monday, May 25, 2009, 08:13:36 by Spencer_White » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 08:37:51 »

the signing of bullard was a risky and stupid one.fulham couldn't wait to get shot of him as it was well known he had lost it after injury.
while stilll at fulham, i heard on national radio that he wasn't right,and looked a shadow of the player he was before.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 09:57:58 »

Hull to go down next season. They have played some good stuff at times this season. But the dressing room spirit looks to have gone. Could be a record low points tally?

Dead cert, I reckon. They'll start badly, Brown'll be sacked by Christmas and someone like Aidy Boothroyd will come in and oversee their inevitable relegation.

Thats of course unless they get rid of Brown over the summer, which I can't see.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 20:10:46 »

I don't quite understand the degree of vitriol towards Newcastle and Shearer on here. Not too long ago, most on here were chanting Shearer's name as he led the line for England in Euro '96. Most were quietly hoping that they would beat Man Utd to the title that season when the 'Love it" quote came out from Keegan.

If you gave me the option to natter about football to a passionate geordie as opposed to a Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal fan, I know which option I'd choose.

I'm not arguing that they didn't deserve (or were too big) to go down because they clearly did deserve to over the course of the season. Just don't understand the hatred towards them and their fans, that's all.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 20:33:41 »

Not sure that anyone hates Newcastle, do they?

They think they have some divine right to be successful, have too many "messiahs" who in reality are past it players and managers, take the game far too seriously and cry too much. I don't hate them due to all of that but it was the reason I laughed my bollocks off when they got relegated.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 20:39:49 »

As Boro are now also down, I wonder if Southgate will do anymore pizza hut ads with a brown paper bag over his head? They were genius!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #43 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 20:59:56 »

I think hull will improve next season. They lost ashbee who was crucial at the begining of the season then lost 3 strikers making them play with 2 wingers up front. To be fair in any league that would cause you to struggle let alone the prem.
Devon Nige

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, May 25, 2009, 21:52:32 »

Not sure that anyone hates Newcastle, do they?

They think they have some divine right to be successful, have too many "messiahs" who in reality are past it players and managers, take the game far too seriously and cry too much. I don't hate them due to all of that but it was the reason I laughed my bollocks off when they got relegated.
Jonny most supporters are the same,they wanted Shearer,they got him,now they are relegated.When Malpas went some on here were calling for Luke Nigholt,Sean Taylor,what would we have said if we had one of them come in and were relegated,still i agree with most of your post.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: