Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 544671 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 08:51:10 »

I’d love to hear the EFL’s take on it. They must have looked at what more than can do to safeguard clubs after the Bury experience, and then Bolton and Wigan. I realise it is not straightforward, but there appears to be zero willingness or ability to do anything of any use. They’re a regulator that does not regulate.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2191 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 09:15:36 »

BBC Wilts finally tweet something. a day late and a dollar short, nothing new

but it's a start
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 09:39:05 »

How is this allowed to continue?

I’d love to hear the EFL’s take on it. They must have looked at what more than can do to safeguard clubs after the Bury experience, and then Bolton and Wigan. I realise it is not straightforward, but there appears to be zero willingness or ability to do anything of any use. They’re a regulator that does not regulate.

Thing is EFL can only really provide control in sporting terms, this is a commercial argument over ownership of a company (which just happens to be a football club), thus court whilst aware of the sporting implications cannot really consider this much different to any other commercial dispute.

That said as noted above, as Power has been wittering on about how he can (and is happy to) continue funding the club, the failure to pay wages is just another example of his duplicity and I would hope Clem will be trying to get this back in front of the judge again ASAP. Wasn't Power supposed to have lodged documents proving funds or whatever by last Friday, be interesting to know if that has happened as wouldn't he be in contempt anyway if not.

Clem seems to have a very good legal team behind him, Powers whilst probably as professionally good seem to be struggling getting accurate and evidenced info out of their Client (funny dat), the Judge has noted this previously so fingers crossed.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 09:46:50 »

What is the current situation that seems to have  all the facts from a reliable source?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 09:52:42 »

Thing is EFL can only really provide control in sporting terms, this is a commercial argument over ownership of a company (which just happens to be a football club), thus court whilst aware of the sporting implications cannot really consider this much different to any other commercial dispute.

That said as noted above, as Power has been wittering on about how he can (and is happy to) continue funding the club, the failure to pay wages is just another example of his duplicity and I would hope Clem will be trying to get this back in front of the judge again ASAP. Wasn't Power supposed to have lodged documents proving funds or whatever by last Friday, be interesting to know if that has happened as wouldn't he be in contempt anyway if not.

Clem seems to have a very good legal team behind him, Powers whilst probably as professionally good seem to be struggling getting accurate and evidenced info out of their Client (funny dat), the Judge has noted this previously so fingers crossed.

The point I’m trying to make is that irrespective of the need for EFL regs to align with company law, the EFL provides the lightest possible oversight. There are industries - all of whom are subject to company law - that are regulated on a fair more stringent basis, to manage the risk of mismanagement and insolvency. I suspect the issue the EFL has is that football is naturally loss-making, and if it was to regulate properly, clubs could go to the wall because there would be fewer owners…
Flashheart

« Reply #2195 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 09:55:30 »

You'd think the EFL could/should step in the moment Power said he can't afford to run the club anymore.

Alas, not a sausage.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:03:20 »

This is the problem though, they are not truly a regulator, because football is not a regulated industry. If it were, then strict liability on those who own and control football clubs could potentially come into play, but until that point... here we are.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:07:30 »

Clem is already part owner of the club. Why doesn’t he pay the wages - using some of he £300,000 that Power didn’t want/siphoned off.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:14:38 »

Clem is already part owner of the club. Why doesn’t he pay the wages - using some of he £300,000 that Power didn’t want/siphoned off.

He's been blocked from any dealings with the club for a year and a half-ish, I'm not sure how he could go about this?

On a side note, good on the Trust for offering to try to help any staff facing immediate hardship by Power's fuckery.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2199 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:28:11 »

Perhaps someone should knock his door at Manor House, Manor Lane, Brize Norton, and politely ask Power what he’s up to.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2200 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:31:52 »

On a side note, good on the Trust for offering to try to help any staff facing immediate hardship by Power's fuckery.

On a similar side note, there does not seem to be a dicky bird about this in the Adevrtiser....
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2201 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:34:21 »

On a similar side note, there does not seem to be a dicky bird about this in the Adevrtiser....

Surprised they aint all over it, they've always loved thriving on the clubs downfall.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #2202 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:46:12 »

Very powerful statement coming from the OSC on the non payment of wages. Good to see offers of help for staff coming from them and the Trust. As a fanbase it's important we help those staff affected as much as we can.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2203 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:49:22 »

They can’t comment. Until legally ratified its silence unfortunately.
Flashheart

« Reply #2204 on: Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:49:59 »

Count me in for a tenner if there's a whip-round.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: