Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62335 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:17:44 »

Shame it didn’t work out but probably the correct decision at the correct time.

I know there isn’t a lot of love for Sandro and people like to bang on about the ‘spreadsheet’ and there are very mixed opinions on the recruitment this summer…but possible worth giving Sandro and the ‘spreadsheet’ players the benefit of working under another manager first.

Right, big Duncan Ferguson, please
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:22:39 »

From the Guardian on an article about Crawley

Dom Telford is apparently on a bonus for winning the ball back in the opposition half, and a proposed contract for a summer centre-back target included a bonus per header
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:24:11 »

Well, if it’s Conroy getting paid per header it’s probably cost them nothing so far
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:25:18 »

Well, if it’s Conroy getting paid per header it’s probably cost them nothing so far

He’s on a crossfield pass bonus
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:25:44 »

From the Guardian on an article about Crawley

Dom Telford is apparently on a bonus for winning the ball back in the opposition half, and a proposed contract for a summer centre-back target included a bonus per header

Aside from being a bit mad offering bonuses for headers seems out of kilter with what we know about brain injuries
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 18:26:56 »

He’s on a crossfield pass bonus

Successful or just attempted
…either way, not a bonus that would be costing them much.

If they had any sense they’d have had him on ‘not injured’ bonus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:08:19 »

I must confess to not being that up to date on the detail at Crawley, isn't the problem that they seem entirely clueless about football and prone to ridiculous knee jerk decisions the main issue rather than a suggestion that they don't have money.

I'm reading it as knowing the chop was coming + closer to home + whilst realisation its a joke club also realisation that signing a decent length contract will lead to hefty pay off = taking a flyer on it.

Does anyone know what sort of length contract he had here?

Yeah I think that makes sense. Crawley have been offloading high-earning players, which suggests the money situation is certainly not as plentiful as it was in the summer.

Very specific circumstances here, but in the last five years we'll have lost managers to Mansfield, Salford and Crawley. Now that is a miserably fucking reality check as to where we are as a club...
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 19:18:07 »

I just think Crawley was a lucky opportunity. He lives in Kent and his family weren’t happy about the ‘commute’.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:09:31 »

Still no official comment, was it just too late to get an announcement out or do we think they are waiting to announce a new manager at the same time
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:15:51 »

Still no official comment, was it just too late to get an announcement out or do we think they are waiting to announce a new manager at the same time

Talks about compensation with Crawley I’d imagine.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:18:16 »

Suggest the Chariie Austin short term signing put the finishing touches to Scott Lindsey leaving.

He was obviously not keen on him joining as it seems CA is a Clem Morfuni signing.

Rumour has it the deal was almost scuttled by a late offer from Crawley and now it's been suggested that Scott had already been interviewed by Crawley prior to his departure.

We lose to Crawley and if I remember the performance was on par to Colchester the other day.

Perhaps SL learnt a lot more from Ben Garner on how to exit a football club.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:22:18 »

Talks about compensation with Crawley I’d imagine.
Didn't SL resign, would we get anything?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:22:41 »

The more I watch this video (6 mins in) the faker Lindsey sounds when he's asked about Austin joining.

So, give no fucks
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, January 5, 2023, 22:23:33 »

I just think Crawley was a lucky opportunity. He lives in Kent and his family weren’t happy about the ‘commute’.

No sane person goes to Crawley at the moment out of choice. If he had already left us, sure for the money, but if he chose to go there, then wow.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 01:44:09 »

Like I said before, SL didn’t want Charlie and he didn’t like the way Clem did it behind his back.

He knew his time was up when Clem insisted Charlie was coming.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: