Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62337 times)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:13:32 »

I'm hoping that losing just the manager and not the DOF as well will mean its a quicker process.  As it would make sense that a new DOF would have needed time in the summer.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:14:08 »

On the bright side, we're into plum Friday Statement timing territory now. Swindon DNA.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:16:20 »

I'm hoping that losing just the manager and not the DOF as well will mean its a quicker process.  As it would make sense that a new DOF would have needed time in the summer.

Would you want the current DoF/Technical Director overseeing the recruitment of a new manager after the balls up he made of the summer? I know I wouldn’t.

I still expect both to leave.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:16:32 »

Sometimes its about seeing who applies and which agents put their clients forward, its not always about knowing who to look for, tbh I'm sure we wont be approaching any manager already in a job sadly as I'm sure like most clubs at this level we wont want to pay compo.

Its about being able to do due diligence on those that are interested and speak to contacts in the game to get a feel of individuals and their reputation.

It cant take long as we need to be mindful the transfer window is open and we need players, not many players will sign without a manager in place, and to be honest you would want the manager to approve the signing of players as he has to work with them.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:17:12 »

If clem/SDM/angus  were competent they’d be maintaining a shortlist of potential managers, so recruitment shouldn’t take too long as targets will be readily identified

Sadly, I don’t believe they are competent. Think this might be us for a few weeks yet

Better not be a few weeks! With concern growing over Lindsey you'd hope the people in charge were keeping an ear to the ground for new managers. A full house for the Grimsby game isn't going to be appreciative of a caretaker manager.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:19:19 »

Would you want the current DoF/Technical Director overseeing the recruitment of a new manager after the balls up he made of the summer? I know I wouldn’t.

The flip side is that SDM, Clem and Rob now have an opportunity to show they've learned from that experiment and get the right man in. Easier said than done mid-season though, especially when working against the clock in the transfer market.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:20:22 »

On the bright side, we're into plum Friday Statement timing territory now. Swindon DNA.

I wish I could share your optimism.

Sadly the demise of the Friday Statement is just another example of faceless businessmen taking over clubs and totally ignoring their history and traditions stretching back generations.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:20:32 »

Sometimes its about seeing who applies and which agents put their clients forward, its not always about knowing who to look for, tbh I'm sure we wont be approaching any manager already in a job sadly as I'm sure like most clubs at this level we wont want to pay compo.

Its about being able to do due diligence on those that are interested and speak to contacts in the game to get a feel of individuals and their reputation.

It cant take long as we need to be mindful the transfer window is open and we need players, not many players will sign without a manager in place, and to be honest you would want the manager to approve the signing of players as he has to work with them.

Depends. Club might be willing to pay whatever compo they receive for SL out on a new manager, especially if that new recruit was seen as an upgrade.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:24:41 »

We don't know if Lindsay was sacked or walked. If he walked, it wasn't planned so the relevant people will need time to get the advert out.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:26:35 »

I would rather keep the current DOF than need a new one and a new manager in an important transfer window.  I'm sure SL wasn't the first choice, hopefully we get that this time.

I would say our overall transfer business has been good in the summer.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:38:52 »

I would rather keep the current DOF than need a new one and a new manager in an important transfer window.  I'm sure SL wasn't the first choice, hopefully we get that this time.

I would say our overall transfer business has been good in the summer.

I am honestly intrigued - how so?  To my mind it looks an absolute shit show vs. what I would expect for our club to attract at this level.  It seems underpinned by a strategy I can understand, but not support as being useful for the immediate term needs.  Like we swayed far too much to the future and not nearly enough on the fact we are in Div 4 and really should be expecting to get promoted, this season.  It often beffudles me that I see something as the polar opposite of someone else - so would like to know why!?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:43:35 »

Here is an example of why I think we have made a mess of it:

We want to recruit players with raw potential, or playing below where their numbers suggest they could be playing (not always youngsters, but it mostly will drive us down that path).

For that to be a success, you are relying on developing the talent to the level you think you have seen they can go -towards a ceiling others cannot see or have been unwilling to gamble on.

For that to be a success you need a strong coaching set-up - at all levels, top level Academy calibre staff

For that to be a success you need the hard infrastructure to be place - training grounds, gym facilities, pitches, proper financial investment

As far as I can tell we rolled the dice on the first one before we had any of the others in place - you can even see in the notes of the monthly get together with fans reps that we haven't got our ducks in a row on the basic infrastructure stuff yet.  It's like buying all the excursions for a cruise without having a ship.  I am also not sure we did that well on the recruitment itself - namely because ALL we seemed to do was buy that type of a development talent as opposed to a mix to ensure immediate term objectives are met as well.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:45:46 by RobertT » Logged
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 13:48:14 »

I wish I could share your optimism.

Sadly the demise of the Friday Statement is just another example of faceless businessmen taking over clubs and totally ignoring their history and traditions stretching back generations.

Cheesy

Now, ain't that just like me?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 14:19:25 »

We don't know if Lindsay was sacked or walked. If he walked, it wasn't planned so the relevant people will need time to get the advert out.

Yes but on the flip side, if they were planning on giving him the chop as is rumoured.  then you would have thought they would already have a list
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, January 6, 2023, 14:55:19 »

I am honestly intrigued - how so?  To my mind it looks an absolute shit show vs. what I would expect for our club to attract at this level.  It seems underpinned by a strategy I can understand, but not support as being useful for the immediate term needs.  Like we swayed far too much to the future and not nearly enough on the fact we are in Div 4 and really should be expecting to get promoted, this season.  It often beffudles me that I see something as the polar opposite of someone else - so would like to know why!?

I'm not talking about the model as such.  My view on that is people are making too much of a big deal about his spreadsheets etc. 

If I look at the overall team apart from Payne (who is a league 1 player we did well to keep hold of) and McKirdy (who hasn't done anything this season) then I would argue we are at a similar level with a transfer window to strengthen, when last year we got weaker after Jan.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: