Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone local to weymouth?  (Read 5763 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 30, 2012, 10:36:25 »

keep us posted Rosso please...I am still keen to go down and will also investigate trying to get some tickets to sit on that mound...

Will do, planning to go to Bowleaze Saturday afternoon for some Freeview!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 30, 2012, 16:07:32 »

Fair enough, here's the bit from this morning's Guardian fwiw.

You need a blanket, or ideally a couple of them, at the Nothe in Weymouth. One to sit on – no folding chairs or tables allowed here – and one to huddle under when the wind whips in. An umbrella is also an essential. There's no cover so if it rains, you get wet. The first brollies went up at around 1pm on Sunday.

It is easy to get the venue. Despite dire warnings about possible traffic problems, driving into Weymouth and Portland was pain-free.

Though it was a Sunday so few people were trying to get to work. One nice way to arrive at the Nothe is via the harbour ferry – a rowing boat called Janice, priced £1 for adults, 50p for children under 12.

Those using the ticketed spectator area on day 1 of the sailing competitions seemed happy enough to perch on the hillside and watch Ben Ainslie et al do their stuff. They could keep an eye on the action via big screens with commentary explaining the intricacies to those not in the know. Beer was £4 a pint, Coca-Cola £2, burger £6, fish and chips £8, tea £1.50, coffee £2.

Rumours that Locog would try to block views of the sailing courses to non-paying customers proved to be untrue. There is no way such a huge open area could be hidden away. And there are many, many places around the coast where it is possible to get a great view of the sailing without paying.

They fucking would if they could Reg...you bet your Arse on that.

I am enjoying the sport but all this empty seats and no tickets has got on my tits!

Im going to see the mens 1/4 finals....could be GB with a bit of luck....going because its history for the kids...

The games needs corperate sponsors but as Leefer has said...we..the taxpayers are the fucking sponsors.....we sponsored it when it was built, whilst its being run and long after Coca Cola and McDonalds have fucked off into the sunset.

Its all grab grab grab!

And...by Lord Coe claiming that the seats are all jammed packed is a joke!  Freebies to teachers, kids and the Services do not count....especially when people who tried to pay for tickets have been given the knock back.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 30, 2012, 20:47:42 »

Thomas Cook piss me off. How the fuck have they got sold out events available as hotel/ticket deals at £300+ a pop. Are they sponsors? Ticket tout cunts.

Also how the fuck do teachers get their hands on free tickets? Or is it only certain special London teachers? The Mrs is a teacher - she has to be useful for something Smiley

I'm pretty pissed off I could only get football tickets when they are giving the seats away, or worse empty seats. As is most of Britain doubtlessly.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 30, 2012, 23:12:05 »

Teachers get em for nowt.

Clems Army!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 12:20:24 »

keep us posted Rosso please...I am still keen to go down and will also investigate trying to get some tickets to sit on that mound...

down on weymouth beach now, they have 2 massive screens here, i would guess there must be 5000 people down here. 1 screen is showing sailing and every now and then they show other stuff with brits in on the other screen. Best of all it is free entry. Impossible to get your car anywhere  near, seafront is closed to cars, with a bit of luck you can get parking a bit further away like we have. The atmosphere is fantastic, fish and chips nearby, well worth not paying £200 to sit on a grass mound. Anyone coming down here please bring sunshine with you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: