Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Excuse my naivety......  (Read 2761 times)
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 07:48:21 »

.....but this is a genuine question rather than me trying to put a dampener on things......

From what I see, all that this conditional agreement does is put us in the same position as the BEST deal i.e. it could still fail?

Obviously great that immediate debts will be cleared (and the club still exists!) but I assume that there is still the chance that everything could go tits up in January and the sale of players and the whim of a big FA Cup tie could still be the intention in the back of certain people's minds.

Or not?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 07:51:21 »

Quote from: "WorcesterRed"
.....but this is a genuine question rather than me trying to put a dampener on things......

From what I see, all that this conditional agreement does is put us in the same position as the BEST deal i.e. it could still fail?

Obviously great that immediate debts will be cleared (and the club still exists!) but I assume that there is still the chance that everything could go tits up in January and the sale of players and the whim of a big FA Cup tie could still be the intention in the back of certain people's minds.

Or not?

The main difference is that Wills and Diamandis are now out of the question altogether.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 07:52:48 »

Or not?

I tried to point out last night, that as long as the vendors have to do something, then there's no real cause for celebration.  It still leaves plenty of scope for a Brady/Best scenario both times the Wills/ Diamandis hung around..

I'm not sure whether to still boycott?
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 07:54:04 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"

Or not?

The main difference is that Wills and Diamandis are now out of the question altogether.

....according to my reading, the Wills retain 23% though?
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 07:56:50 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Or not?

I tried to point out last night, that as long as the vendors have to do something, then there's no real cause for celebration.  It still leaves plenty of scope for a Brady/Best scenario both times the Wills/ Diamandis hung around..
  I'm not sure whether to still boycott?

My point entirely...this is a 'promise to buy' subject to certain conditions and Plan Z may still be in the back of some twat's mind.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 07:58:03 »

I would say is it more secure than  the BEST deal as the points to be satisfied are not to do with the owners asking for more money for the club (as I believe happened to BEST)

I come from a land down-under
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 08:05:24 »

Trying to remain optimistic here, yes it's a 'promise to buy', but the club have also entered into a contract to sell so there is now some onus on them to get the deal done.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 08:26:20 »

Also who owns the mysterious 2%?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 08:27:39 »

Isn't that made up pf small shareholders?

I own one whole share Cheesy

It's All Good..............
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 08:32:33 »

is willie carson a small shareholder?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 08:39:44 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
is willie carson a small shareholder?

He is quite small, yes!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 08:52:38 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Isn't that made up pf small shareholders?

I own one whole share Cheesy

Me too!  Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 08:58:28 »

Well Reg I for one won't be returning until January, I will wait and see how this develops until we can truely celebrate.

Great that it's going in the right direction, but Michael Knighton was ball juggling on the Man Utd picture a few years back, after he had "agreed" to buy the club.

Until this is 100% signed sealed and delivered I will not be going.
REDBUCK

« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 09:07:20 »

I don't think we are out of the woods yet, still a couple of hurdles to get over.  St mowden's agreement is worrying me the most.

With the present lot still involved and crucial decisions still to be made, I'm holding off on any celebrations.

I also think that there will be 6 months work to find all the other debts lurking about even after they have taken over
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, December 21, 2007, 09:31:04 »

fuck me some people are never happy !!!

Well I wont be going until someone from the club personally licks my bollocks and presents me with a signed shirt...........

I'm sorry but there is now absolutely NO excuse for not going tomorrow - boycott my arse !

Sorry - and obviously that is only a personal feeling - and I am going to be in the Merlin nice and early to get well and truley fucko'd !!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Wise men say........
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: