Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 380339 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2640 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:41:39 »

Probably needs a bit of cash to stabilize us for a year or two as well

I'd imagine the club is spending so little and down to such bare bones that once you get rid of those milking the gravy train, new buyers might be surprised.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2641 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 11:25:00 »

You’d hope if an honest new owner with some integrity would come in, get rid of any debt we have (not just rolled over into the club owing the new owner), get shot of all and every hanger on then do a forensic audit to see if the club is or isn’t sustainable if the ‘extras’ are retained within the club instead of lining said hangers on pockets.

The club on its own can’t be worth that much - Clem has already told everybody the club is not sustainable. Whether he’d just want to offload that without the CG I’d imagine would put off potential buyers.

Not too much to ask for the New Year!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2642 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 12:07:36 »

Where as the cynic in me thinks any new owner will just transfer the debt to themselves.

As far as I can tell - it’s the only way anyone is likely to get any return on investment.
In fact - it’s the only way to really make money out of lower league football clubs. Cover the debt as a business loan to yourself + interest.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2643 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 13:08:08 »

So we needed 5-6 players, we've lost 3 (Mahoney, Kemp and Young). We now need 8-9 players. Sums up the club that no business has been done yet, a competent club would have prepped for Kemp and Young departures and had at least 2 in by now. We won't sign anyone this week, maybe 1 next week and we'll still be 4-5 players short by Feb
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2644 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 13:09:59 »

It doesn't surprise me that they've not announced anyone yet (the majority haven't) but completely agree that a depth chart for replacing first team players that we have no control over like Mahoney, Kemp and Young should be absolutely essential (...and I hope they have) every single season.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2645 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 16:44:31 »

When is Kokolo contracted too?

I'm not sure we have enough players to field a team on Saturday if we don't sign anyone by then
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2646 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 16:47:06 »

I'm not sure we have enough players to field a team on Saturday if we don't sign anyone by then

Pretty sure he's now OOC after the Crawley game. https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/24015643.swindon-town-yet-discuss-new-contract-williams-kokolo/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2647 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 16:53:22 »

I thought it was the 16th. Or maybe I have that date because of our league position. I'll have to try and find Flynn's post match - did he mention it there?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2648 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 17:03:02 »

His first game was the 11th November, so thought it may be after this Saturday.

I did wonder if he was the 1 that Flynn said was imminent
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2649 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 17:03:10 »

Maybe Devine is coming back! And Clayton. And RHM. And FBT🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2650 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 18:12:16 »

His first game was the 11th November, so thought it may be after this Saturday.

I did wonder if he was the 1 that Flynn said was imminent

I'm sure it was Sat that Flynn said Kokolo had another couple of weeks, you wonder if he is thinking of not keeping him due to the amount of left sided players we have - although he is an upgrade on what we have in that position.

Possibly depends on budget as well, I'm surprised Flynn is still talking about getting a keeper in rather than giving Ward the rest of the season
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2651 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 20:06:36 »

I'm sure it was Sat that Flynn said Kokolo had another couple of weeks, you wonder if he is thinking of not keeping him due to the amount of left sided players we have - although he is an upgrade on what we have in that position.

Possibly depends on budget as well, I'm surprised Flynn is still talking about getting a keeper in rather than giving Ward the rest of the season
He said it was a position that was being looked at, but they wouldn’t bring anyone in unless they were better than Ward.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2652 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 10:14:03 »

Flynn reckons RHM and Clayton are returning. Although after being out for so long they can hardly start.

What did Brewitt do to get injured
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2653 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 10:29:55 »

Flynn reckons RHM and Clayton are returning. Although after being out for so long they can hardly start.

What did Brewitt do to get injured

I spoke with both of them in the Junior Robins room prior to the Forest Green match and they both said they'd be available for Colchester, so fingers crossed this is still the case.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2654 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 11:01:23 »

I spoke with both of them in the Junior Robins room prior to the Forest Green match and they both said they'd be available for Colchester, so fingers crossed this is still the case.

RHM told people in the JR room before Aldershot that he'd be available for Colchester. In fairness, perhaps he meant the second game and not the one that was, at that time, days away Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: