Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 84   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for the Advisory Board  (Read 147552 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:12:38 »

Goes to show what a farce a Fans Forum would be.

Even some of the more nuanced and small detailed ones, which are not to be dismissed, like the water dispensing one.  There is actually a good business opportunity here that could be tied to sustainability - people purchase a souvenir cup that can be used to refill with tap water (seen these at Train stations in London on my recent visit).  However it just gets batted back with a fuck no, it's basically water from the bogs mate.  I mean, come on, put some effort in people (club side) and you want to be able to discuss this idea in detail, not out in the open like this for throw away answers.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:16:08 by RobertT » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:16:09 »

Whilst the fans questions aren't amazing, I do think the answers are a bit short and staccato.

For example the one about Greg Norman gave the club an opportunity to thank the man that basically did 3 roles. The response was just to say that new roles had been filled and repeat the matra that "Club will look to run as efficiently as possible off the field"

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:18:11 »

Whilst the fans questions aren't amazing, I do think the answers are a bit short and staccato.

For example the one about Greg Norman gave the club an opportunity to thank the man that basically did 3 roles. The response was just to say that new roles had been filled and repeat the matra that "Club will look to run as efficiently as possible off the field"

I raised this a while back, around how the Trust should be doing this in a more considered manner rather than it being a list of questions with a sentence answer.  It should be a series of discussions, get into the detail, then provide summary outputs, but certainly a two way discussion occurring, or a sense of one.  The three in a row where they end-up using "see above" make it obvious this is just an e-mailed list with someone quickly penning some responses.

In fact, they could have selection of discussions around key topics (which can indeed come from supporter feedback to the Trust).

The entire things seems to have become a bit tick boxey
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:19:57 »

I did think the same regarding the three in a row answers as above.....next question!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:27:45 »

Goes to show what a farce a Fans Forum would be.

Even some of the more nuanced and small detailed ones, which are not to be dismissed, like the water dispensing one.  There is actually a good business opportunity here that could be tied to sustainability - people purchase a souvenir cup that can be used to refill with tap water (seen these at Train stations in London on my recent visit).  However it just gets batted back with a fuck no, it's basically water from the bogs mate.  I mean, come on, put some effort in people (club side) and you want to be able to discuss this idea in detail, not out in the open like this for throw away answers.

I raised this a while back, around how the Trust should be doing this in a more considered manner rather than it being a list of questions with a sentence answer.  It should be a series of discussions, get into the detail, then provide summary outputs, but certainly a two way discussion occurring, or a sense of one.  The three in a row where they end-up using "see above" make it obvious this is just an e-mailed list with someone quickly penning some responses.

In fact, they could have selection of discussions around key topics (which can indeed come from supporter feedback to the Trust).

The entire things seems to have become a bit tick boxey

Spot on. That water refill question actually irked me a little. The guy takes his kid to the games, and he wants to refill his STFC branded water bottle. Yes the club have confirmed that the water from the tap isn't to be drunk, but why not use it as an opportunity. Even if they said 'we'll take this idea forward with Michael Doughty' or something. It does come across as not much effort going into it.

And the headless Don Rogers statue sounds very Frank Spencer!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:31:18 »

The club do like to bask in the reflected glory of the Community Foundation’s work don’t they?

I would like to know what the annual running costs of the women’s team are…

Is Adam Hart the S&C equivalent of a “matchday guest” now?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:36:04 »

I keep seeing people talking about the club breaking their promises about early signings. I think i've found the bit that people are referring to in the April minutes

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/siteassets/2022-23/documents/advisory-board-april-2023.pdf

"The club understands the concerns raised by the fans about the recent performance of the team and we also appreciate the continued support of our fans and are committed to improving the team's performance. Early signings are important, and we are already actively working to identify and sign new players to strengthen the team for next year. While we cannot reveal our budget numbers, we assure you that the club is committed to investing in the team and pushing for promotion in 23/24."

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:38:28 »

I see there is a new fan's forum but no Clem and they want to charge £5 for entrance
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:42:03 »

I have to say that some of these answers are insultingly perfunctory, even if the questions are largely absolute dross.

It’s like the work experience guy was given a crib sheet and 20 mins to deal with it.

Not great “customer service” but quite expected sadly.
DMC

« Reply #954 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:44:28 »

I see there is a new fan's forum but no Clem and they want to charge £5 for entrance

Should be free but for context it is for charity it isn't for them
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:46:42 »

Should be free but for context it is for charity it isn't for them

For the Darby Rimmer foundation if i'm not mistaken. I don't think a fiver contribution to a charity is too much to ask for really is it?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 15:55:09 »

For the Darby Rimmer foundation if i'm not mistaken. I don't think a fiver contribution to a charity is too much to ask for really is it?

I disagree here. And yes it feels like I  moan about everything.

The forum is part of the commitment to the fans (customer) charter. This should be open to everyone who wants to go. I doubt there are that many that can't afford it in general, but it does feel to me like the two should be separated so it isn't an issue -  I see this as a club obligation.

Maybe optional/collection/raffle would be my preference.

Nothing against the hard working OSC, and I can think of no better charity for them to support.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:04:28 »

Also not sure they get a free pass to blanket say that the club has been run very poorly for 30 years…

The club under Andrew Black ran like a purring Rolls Royce compared to now.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:06:45 »

Also not sure they get a free pass to blanket say that the club has been run very poorly for 30 years…

The club under Andrew Black ran like a purring Rolls Royce compared to now.

Yeah. Angus should know better, the rest might not be aware.
DMC

« Reply #959 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2023, 16:11:28 »

I disagree here. And yes it feels like I  moan about everything.

The forum is part of the commitment to the fans (customer) charter. This should be open to everyone who wants to go. I doubt there are that many that can't afford it in general, but it does feel to me like the two should be separated so it isn't an issue -  I see this as a club obligation.

Maybe optional/collection/raffle would be my preference.

Nothing against the hard working OSC, and I can think of no better charity for them to support.

Totally agree, if they want to donate a fiver then donate the fivers they are charging for a photo at the other event.

I have said it often now i would actually do away with these minutes as over time it just creates more questions and in turn apathy. These notes should be a good thing but all fans will take from this is the following

Hart
No water
flippant responses
A fiver to what should be free
No bike racks
Don Rogers has no head

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 84   Go Up
Print
Jump to: