Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers prematch and matchday  (Read 18464 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 02:12:31 »

"Nothing to see" apart from an entertaining victory with good performances and quality goals I suppose. But you are entitled to look at it that way I guess. Fair enough. Only a fool would say it's a turning point or anything but get some enjoyment while you can I say

I do love how RobT has effectively stated similar to myself, yet you respond with a much more measured approach to his post than mine. Interesting dynamic how you responded differently to similar posts.

I mean I even stated that Town played well in the second half. I never said you was a Clem Bummer either, yet my similar opinion is seemingly less valid than Ted Lasso? Sorry, I mean RobT.

Maybe we just both see it for what it is - yes in isolation, it's a good win but my opinion is that Tranmere are a poor side and Town also are a poor side - only Town are the slightly less poor. The first half was a weird hybrid of two very poor teams but with very much three individually great goals. Perhaps they thought they were playing in the FA Cup on't tele?

In the second half Town were better {I have stated this several times} and it seemed like any threat Tranmere may have had disappeared. It appeared to me that they had forgot how to score/create a goal. Fair fucks, Town deserved to win but it doesn't change my opinion that STFC are a poor side. They wouldn't be sat in 17th in the basement division if they were even a below average side. Our own interim manager has stated ''...it's a shit league.'' and as i've previously stated, if it is that shite and Town happen to be on the cusp of finishing in the bottom quarter, what would you say it makes them? In my opinion it does not make them good.

I'll enjoy the win in isolation but no matter how the season ends, I genuinely am not going to be happy about things unless the club ownership changes or we get notice of a new buyer for the club on the horizon {I won't be holding my breath either}. Until then, I'll still be of the opinion that the bar amongst several fan based has dropped so low that a mid table finish would be a happy proposition for them {I'm not saying that is your status/opinion either}. To me is very fucking sad, for a club I believe has so much bloody potential, an absolutely solid fan base {who appear to like being manipulated} for this division AND the division above. What the hell has happened to the aspirations of being pretty much a club that consistently challenges in League One? I will never be content with Town being also-rans in the bottom tier - as well as the borderline gamble with our Football League safety that the current owner seems to happily play with an ignorant nonchalance.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 03:03:56 »

Well. The game was lacking in skill and for the best part any desire to win.
What surely must be noticed is the attendance of 7250.
February, Tuesday night in the rain and still making the effort.
Surely there is some bloody good reason why nobody wants to buy the club Huh?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 07:47:34 »

I think it got mentioned but when did the goal music change back to GAO?

Enjoyable win last night, some really positive signs. Our remaining home fixtures suggest the end of the season could be a bit of fun at the CG.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:23:19 »

I do love how RobT has effectively stated similar to myself, yet you respond with a much more measured approach to his post than mine. Interesting dynamic how you responded differently to similar posts.

I mean I even stated that Town played well in the second half. I never said you was a Clem Bummer either, yet my similar opinion is seemingly less valid than Ted Lasso? Sorry, I mean RobT.

Maybe we just both see it for what it is - yes in isolation, it's a good win but my opinion is that Tranmere are a poor side and Town also are a poor side - only Town are the slightly less poor. The first half was a weird hybrid of two very poor teams but with very much three individually great goals. Perhaps they thought they were playing in the FA Cup on't tele?

In the second half Town were better {I have stated this several times} and it seemed like any threat Tranmere may have had disappeared. It appeared to me that they had forgot how to score/create a goal. Fair fucks, Town deserved to win but it doesn't change my opinion that STFC are a poor side. They wouldn't be sat in 17th in the basement division if they were even a below average side. Our own interim manager has stated ''...it's a shit league.'' and as i've previously stated, if it is that shite and Town happen to be on the cusp of finishing in the bottom quarter, what would you say it makes them? In my opinion it does not make them good.

I'll enjoy the win in isolation but no matter how the season ends, I genuinely am not going to be happy about things unless the club ownership changes or we get notice of a new buyer for the club on the horizon {I won't be holding my breath either}. Until then, I'll still be of the opinion that the bar amongst several fan based has dropped so low that a mid table finish would be a happy proposition for them {I'm not saying that is your status/opinion either}. To me is very fucking sad, for a club I believe has so much bloody potential, an absolutely solid fan base {who appear to like being manipulated} for this division AND the division above. What the hell has happened to the aspirations of being pretty much a club that consistently challenges in League One? I will never be content with Town being also-rans in the bottom tier - as well as the borderline gamble with our Football League safety that the current owner seems to happily play with an ignorant nonchalance.

Ironically (with exception of the first two paragraphs which clearly are a personal opinion/exchange) I agree with this post. My stance hasn’t changed and I won’t go to any more home games this season, outside chance of an away dalliance but that is me finished. Even if we have a sniff of a play off place, you know we won’t but that is my stance. Next season is dangerous for the club regarding my financial input, if there is no significant change behind the playing staff and with the playing staff I shall stay away. Simple. It is not good enough.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:29:35 »

Very poor standard match that improved slightly in the second half. Good tactics by GG to be fair their full backs were crap and they were exposed by a classy McGurk and a pacey and consistently inconsistent RHM. Promising that game management had significantly improved and hopefully a sign of better things to come.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:36:15 »

Promising that game management had significantly improved and hopefully a sign of better things to come.

Good point, at least yesterday. We didn't look like conceding at the 90 minute mark and beyond.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:37:25 »

I only ever enjoy wins "in isolation" as I don't enjoy losses in the same way. Have never said otherwise. The fact is that many don't and that's up to them. It's a given that even the top teams are not great and I've also never said we are a good side, but anyone who doesn't see in improvement on Flynn's latter days is not really paying attention in my opinion.Don't think I've ever said I don't want Town to do better,so I too agree with the majority of Bamboo's post but as he was quoting my post, I don't think I was wrong in assuming the Clem comment was inferring that I was of that ilk. If I was,apologies.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:41:59 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:37:44 »

I think it got mentioned but when did the goal music change back to GAO?

Yesterday AFAIK.

I know a lot of people enjoy GAO, but it saps the life out of me and plus, you know XTC...Swindon...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:38:29 »

I think we have to accept that Gunning will be given the job full time if results to continue to improve.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
adje

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 08:54:40 »

Is this where we win on Saturday as well and people start talking about the playoffs?   Soapy Tit Wank
On here? Oh, you are joking.There would have to be a modicum of positivity hitherto not shown. Will a defeat similarly provoke talk of relegation? Probably

CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:00:45 »

I think we have to accept that Gunning will be given the job full time if results to continue to improve.

Certainly looks the case. Just can't get excited about it and feels like a very long pre-season for him, and supporters, from now until the next game of importance comes around in August.

A few players playing for contracts until then - alongside the launch of a pretty important Season Ticket campaign. It does though, as you say, seem like GG will have the reins going forward. If that's the case, hopefully a decent assistant can provide both experience and ideas.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:01:46 »

I'd say given our remaining home fixtures, there is a chance we could actually win them all. I've absolutely written off play-offs and relegation now and starting to look at what he have next season. Really hopeful that McGurk and Glatzel are absolute diamonds to have, if we can get our act together recruitment wise in the summer, next season could be great.

Sorry for the overly positive nature of this post, I've had 2 espresso and an Americano which may be playing tricks with my brain!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:23:25 »

I stayed away last night as promised. Good result and much needed but I still think we need to go on a decent run to prove that we are improving. Lose to Harrogate on Saturday and the gloom reappears. Still a shit season on and off the pitch.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:41:37 »

I'd say given our remaining home fixtures, there is a chance we could actually win them all. I've absolutely written off play-offs and relegation now and starting to look at what he have next season. Really hopeful that McGurk and Glatzel are absolute diamonds to have, if we can get our act together recruitment wise in the summer, next season could be great.

Sorry for the overly positive nature of this post, I've had 2 espresso and an Americano which may be playing tricks with my brain!
I don't think it's a totally unreasonable prediction

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, 09:44:57 »

Yeah you'd imagine we'd be narrow favourites for every home game here and would probably likely lose every away game (perhaps bar Grimsby). Never seems to work out that way though!

Harrogate H (12th)
Mansfield A (1st)
Accrington H (15th)
Doncaster H (20th)
Walsall A (7th)
Notts Co H (14th)
Sutton A (24th)
Barrow A (6th)
Wimbledon H (13th)
Grimsby A (22nd)
Morecambe H (11th)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up