Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wigan Season Ticket  (Read 2743 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 22:15:44 »

I've just realised they spent 5.3 million on Koumas, scratch what I said earlier about doing well on transfers.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 10:25:31 »

I imagine they turn a fair profit on their scouting network though, £14m profit in 12 months on Palacios, something similar in the summer on Valencia no doubt.

Didn't they also make a profit on Chimbonda a couple of years ago, or was that another team ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 12:02:13 »

It would be worth spending £250 on a season ticket just to see the big games.  You would pay £40 a game to see the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manu at most stadiums.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
land_of_bo

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 12:56:13 »

It would be worth spending £250 on a season ticket just to see the big games.  You would pay £40 a game to see the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manu at most stadiums.

You'd probably also pay that £40 in fuel to get to Wigan for each game...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 12:56:59 »

While it's fashionable to 'hate' Man U or Chelsea, I'll reserve my ire for Wigan.  Rarely has there been a more criminal waste of a Premier League place.  They bought their way there and now have to offer cut-price inducements to get an indifferent fan base through the turnstiles.

I remember our home game against them the season they won the League 1 title.  200 or 300 of them parked up in the corner of the North Stand...and barely a whisper from them all game.  I still haven't quite worked out why they exist.  Pointless football club.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: