Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate Town A.F.C. v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20410 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 20:40:01 »

I wouldn’t invest as much time / emotional energy. TBH I’d probably tune out until/if we picked ourselves of the floor - which the way throngs are going I may do at the end of this season.

If we were fan owned we'd have every penny of revenue genuinely being spent on the club, which I'm not confident has happened since Black sold up and in the non league we'd probably have the largest budget or top two or three minimum.

That doesn't guarantee success but it would be a lot more fun than what we're experiencing at the moment. Plus we'd be paying less per fan in ticket money for the privilege.

I'm not advocating for it, as I'd rather we got our shit together in this league and not go down....but its interesting to see people say they'd not bother when the experience would be a thousand times better than this shit.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 20:51:43 »

If we were fan owned we'd have every penny of revenue genuinely being spent on the club, which I'm not confident has happened since Black sold up and in the non league we'd probably have the largest budget or top two or three minimum.

That doesn't guarantee success but it would be a lot more fun than what we're experiencing at the moment. Plus we'd be paying less per fan in ticket money for the privilege.

I'm not advocating for it, as I'd rather we got our shit together in this league and not go down....but its interesting to see people say they'd not bother when the experience would be a thousand times better than this shit.

Mate - starting to think this.
A few decent lads in the services that go everywhere, all now saying the same.
About time for transparency from these chancers.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 20:55:12 »

There's no way of knowing if it would be a better experience...it could be better but it could easily be 10x worse. Ask fans of Torquay... Southend... Hereford etc...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 21:01:13 »

We don’t have to get relegated to get a decent owner. Clem’ll be gone soon enough then it’s fingers crossed we don’t get another tosspot off the tosspot conveyor belt.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 21:04:58 »

We don’t have to get relegated to get a decent owner. Clem’ll be gone soon enough then it’s fingers crossed we don’t get another tosspot off the tosspot conveyor belt.
My hopes summed up...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 21:08:18 »

I wouldn’t be so sure Clem will be gone soon enough🤣

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 21:09:34 »

There's no way of knowing if it would be a better experience...it could be better but it could easily be 10x worse. Ask fans of Torquay... Southend... Hereford etc...

Firstly, with respect to those clubs, we are not them.

Secondly definitely in Herefords case, they were still under the same shite ownership when they went down I think. Phoenix club seems to be doing ok. They're traditionally a non league club anyway.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 21:10:19 »

If we can shift the hangers on it'll be a start. But yeah if we get another Jed/Power its just a reoccurring nightmare.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 21:46:30 »

Firstly, with respect to those clubs, we are not them.

Secondly definitely in Herefords case, they were still under the same shite ownership when they went down I think. Phoenix club seems to be doing ok. They're traditionally a non league club anyway.
My point is, you seem to be convinced that we'd have a much better time in the NL... My point is that it would depend entirely on who the owners are. With the current shower in charge it could easily be (and probably would be) far, far worse...
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 00:29:23 »

Fan ownership would make the club more sustainable in the long run as the club would have to live within its means and wouldn’t be able to rely on a owner to bankroll the club.

Realistically under this model the best Swindon could realistically achieve would be anywhere between a mid table league 1 team to a top end league 2 team.

I guess that’s a slight improvement on where we are now but I’m sure most fans would want Swindon to be near the top end of league 1 or even having a few seasons in the championship (all be it fighting off relegation). This will either take heavy investment or some brilliant recruitment.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 09:06:54 »

It would break the current cycle of being passed around wronguns and used and abused at least, and could then vet any future external investment, I think that's what happened with Portsmouth .
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 09:30:13 »

Going back to the here and now.. does anybody think any manager we could realistically have would be doing a better job than Flynn right now?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 09:34:49 »

Going back to the here and now.. does anybody think any manager we could realistically have would be doing a better job than Flynn right now?

Nope.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 09:39:33 »

Maybe, but not by much. I think a more pragmatic manager would probably work better with this squad, getting us to defend in numbers and relying on a moment of magic from Kemp/Young to win games by the odd goal. It wouldn't turn us into promotion contenders though, and we definitely wouldn't have had the incredible start to the season that we had.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, November 19, 2023, 10:16:26 »

Interesting to listen to the Harrogate commentary, where they praised Swindon for being attacking & forward thinking, but did highlight that it left us open and vulnerable at the back.

The concern here is that it feels like a playoff winning team can keep a game tight & grind out a result when needed, with the best will in the world that's not us.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: