Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Harrogate Town A.F.C. v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 20406 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 16:58:10 »

Shite. Equalled our worst ever losing streak in div 4 but not beaten it then. Some miracle.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 16:58:52 »

Not true in the sense scoring in the 87th minute doesn’t mean we’d hang on and win the match but absolutely true in the sense we’ve been robbed of a goal
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:00:21 »

Not true in the sense scoring in the 87th minute doesn’t mean we’d hang on and win the match but absolutely true in the sense we’ve been robbed of a goal

League 2 refs are not good enough, no shock.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:00:32 »

Got to question the manager this time I'm afraid. It was obvious for at least 15 minutes that Gate were going to score before they did. Why leave it til they scored to make the change?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:00:56 »

Given our squad and given our run, I thought we did well to draw.  

But objectively getting the point was almost entirely down to Murphy Mahoney.

Harrogate were nothing special (liked Odoh and Ramsey) and were also on a shit run but were the likelier to score in both halves.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #320 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:04:09 »

2 very poor sides on show today, we had a few good performers and Odoh and Ramsey the only 2 players in a very poor Harrogate team that would make our side TBH.

At least we didnt lose, thats the best I can say, oh and a great goal from Young.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:04:10 »

Got to question the manager this time I'm afraid. It was obvious for at least 15 minutes that Gate were going to score before they did. Why leave it til they scored to make the change?

Don’t know, but maybe Brewitt couldn’t manage more than 20 mins (illness or injury)?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:04:16 »

a point is better than no points

young scored a great goal.

But let's be honest, we'd be disappointed with a draw if we were Harrogate and missed those chances. I say missed, Mahoney did excellently.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:05:05 »

I might start hiding behind my sofa now ahead of next weekend.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:05:10 »

That's how I saw it, the change made a huge difference. A sub or injury break would have been a welcome interruption.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:13:49 by Crozzer » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:05:40 »

Yeah,Mahoney clear MOTM again,closely followed by Khan for me. Kemp poor first half but much better second. Substitution of Austin improved us but too late. Although Young robbed of a 2nd goal. Pointless change( unless injured) Dvorzak for Kinsella,who I thought did a decent job

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:06:48 »

League 2 refs are not good enough, no shock.

Yeah, I get that and I can somewhat take them getting decisions wrong that are grey so to speak - it happens.

Sometimes even if I don’t agree I can at least take a good guess as to why the ref has given it but for me. The cross has come in, Young’s eyes are on the ball. Keeper is behind him. Keeper try’s to catch it and spills it as he comes down on top of Young who has made no obvious attempt to try around and / or deliberately back into the keeper to force the fumble.

Then again I’ve only see it twice (real time & reply) from the TV angle but saw absolutely nothing in it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #327 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:07:51 »

I might start hiding behind my sofa now ahead of next weekend.
Mansfield are no great shakes, they have only won 6 league games in a row now, pah, easily beatable! Stockport have won 10!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:11:24 »

RHM and McE scans are clear.

Will come down to discomfort whether they play next week
adje

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, November 18, 2023, 17:15:06 »

Yeah, I get that and I can somewhat take them getting decisions wrong that are grey so to speak - it happens.

Sometimes even if I don’t agree I can at least take a good guess as to why the ref has given it but for me. The cross has come in, Young’s eyes are on the ball. Keeper is behind him. Keeper try’s to catch it and spills it as he comes down on top of Young who has made no obvious attempt to try around and / or deliberately back into the keeper to force the fumble.

Then again I’ve only see it twice (real time & reply) from the TV angle but saw absolutely nothing in it.
There was nothing in it. Perfectly legitimate in my eyes

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: