Pages: 1 ... 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228354 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6150 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 09:44:26 »

Over 2½ hrs late now.  I have a horrible feeling Johnson doesn't know what to do.  I'm glad it's not my job, to tell the truth.  But this is his job.  Hard to shake the impression he's following, well behind the curve.  And not leading.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6151 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 13:28:59 »

There is someone who is refusing to close his business, a soft play area, and justifying him staying open by using article 61 in the Magna Carta!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6152 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 14:39:06 »

There is someone who is refusing to close his business, a soft play area, and justifying him staying open by using article 61 in the Magna Carta!

We are reaching peak 2020 aren't we! As noted by about 10,000 people on Twitter

We've entered the world of the surreal when anti-lockdown nut jobs start tweeting about Article 61 of the Magna Carta. A small but relevant point, Article 61 refers to certain rights granted by the king to twenty-five barons and was swiftly annulled by Pope Innocent III.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6153 on: Monday, November 2, 2020, 15:23:02 »

We are reaching peak 2020 aren't we! As noted by about 10,000 people on Twitter

We've entered the world of the surreal when anti-lockdown nut jobs start tweeting about Article 61 of the Magna Carta. A small but relevant point, Article 61 refers to certain rights granted by the king to twenty-five barons and was swiftly annulled by Pope Innocent III.
Are you sure it wasn't about soft play areas? Pretty sure soft play rights was a big part of the Magna Carta?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6154 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 08:48:03 »

Some good news, only a pilot but if this succeeds and can be scaled it could provide a way forward for the rest of the country

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/02/liverpool-uk-first-attempt-coronavirus-mass-testing
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6155 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 08:57:30 »

Good news indeed.

Let’s just hope this month is used wisely to get NHS Test and Trace fully firing and we should avoid similar restrictions moving forward.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6156 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 09:19:21 »

Some good news, only a pilot but if this succeeds and can be scaled it could provide a way forward for the rest of the country

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/02/liverpool-uk-first-attempt-coronavirus-mass-testing

Come on scousers, buy into this. It could end the need for mass lockdowns if we can get capacity up to replicating this country over - though I guess that's going to be an issue for a fair while (instant tests required).
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6157 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 09:22:58 »

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6158 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 09:27:04 »

That made me chuckle.
A lot
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6159 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 09:30:54 »

Good news indeed.

Let’s just hope this month is used wisely to get NHS Test and Trace fully firing and we should avoid similar restrictions moving forward.
That would involve scrapping Serco Test and Trace, sacking Harding and putting it all in the hands of local public health depts which is what should have been done at the outset. Not going to happen, too much of a climbdown for a govt that loves centralised and privatised (and very expensive) "solutions" and doesn't trust local councils.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #6160 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 09:31:36 »

Indeed it is although anything that includes testing targets from the government sets my eyebrows of disbelief waggling. Plus we shouldn't get too excited about this 'trial' as they have been doing this in Madrid for about a month now!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6161 on: Tuesday, November 3, 2020, 11:00:39 »

Indeed it is although anything that includes testing targets from the government sets my eyebrows of disbelief waggling. Plus we shouldn't get too excited about this 'trial' as they have been doing this in Madrid for about a month now!
It's a step in the right direction though.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6162 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 07:19:08 »

Dear great minds of the TEF

Wife had a test on the 31st. Results came back negative on the 2nd.

We both got notifications from the COVID app today to self isolate (her for 11 days, me for 12). We’d been self isolating from the 31st - 2nd, and on annual leave 3rd - 4th - therefore we spent the whole of this period in close proximity to each other

My exposure records on my phone have one matched key for every single record since the 31st (matched key being the number of times you match with an ‘infected’ device/user). For all of this period, my wife has zero matched keys on her records

Is there any legitimate reason for these notifications? Because based on what I’m seeing (and what little faith I have in the app or the test and trace service as a whole) it appears that my wife’s test has been logged as a positive by the app, and transmitting as positive, despite her receiving a text which told her the results were negative (she’s also had zero symptoms since Saturday). This would explain why I’m getting 1 match with every single record while she’s getting zero

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6163 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 07:30:26 »

That's odd.

Did you both test because you were symptomatic?

Did you put the test results into the app? I assume you must have done .

The reason for asking is I thought positive results = 10 days, close contact = 14. so the isolation numbers don't match positive tests - could be wrong

-----
I've not really seen the anywhere that explains how the keys work. what you say make sense, but without seeing guidelines could also be wrong!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6164 on: Thursday, November 5, 2020, 07:58:33 »

Hasn’t put any details in as far as I’m aware. I certainly haven’t

I don’t think the keys are timestamped in any way, I think they’re just random downloads from a central database to check against, but essentially the point remains that we’ve not been apart from the best part of two weeks, yet all my downloads have a match and hers don’t

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: