Pages: 1 ... 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228121 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6465 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 18:42:13 »

Only the tories could come out of this pandemic smelling of roses with the majority of the electorate.

They’ll be dining out on ‘V Day’ for a long time, and you just know the masses will fall for it.

Shameful.

They're literally buying the napkins already  Doh No

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6466 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 19:07:08 »

And the second person to receive the vaccine outside of clinical trials was a Mr William Shakespeare. He didn't see what the fuss was all about, said it was "Much ado about nothing".

More like All's well that ends well following on from a comedy of errors
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6467 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 19:16:24 »

More like All's well that ends well following on from a comedy of errors

AYLI  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6468 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 10:19:07 »

Only the tories could come out of this pandemic smelling of roses with the majority of the electorate.

They’ll be dining out on ‘V Day’ for a long time, and you just know the masses will fall for it.

Shameful.

Do you mind if I ask who you voted for? From your previous posts in the politics thread I seriously doubt it was Labour.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6469 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 10:20:54 »

Wow, didn't realise that resurrection was a side effect!
TBF they did say they were starting with the elderly. At around 450 years old, he definitely qualifies in that category. Right after Prince Phillip
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6470 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 10:37:00 »

Do you mind if I ask who you voted for? From your previous posts in the politics thread I seriously doubt it was Labour.

New labour?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6471 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 12:24:36 »

This is where my very limited trust starts to evaporate. Not tested on people with Severe reactions, so it hasn't been fully tested then is the reality. I have a serious reaction to Mosquito bites, does that mean if I have the vaccine then get bitten i'm screwed? They don't know. Couple of days in and it's already starting to unravel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55244122
Flashheart

« Reply #6472 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 12:29:54 »

Couple of days in and it's already starting to unravel.

That's a bit of a stretch.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6473 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 12:32:14 »

Well maybe, but they have a fantastic record of utter bullshit so far.  The epipen bit suggests nut allergies amongst others of whom there are 100's of thousands, so they cant have it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6474 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 13:10:15 »

Well maybe, but they have a fantastic record of utter bullshit so far.  The epipen bit suggests nut allergies amongst others of whom there are 100's of thousands, so they cant have it.
tbf with any vaccine there's always some people who can't have it or who aren't recommended to have it. That might be "don't have this category of vaccine at all" or it might be "Don't have vaccine A but you should be OK with vaccine B". So it may be that some of the people who've had reactions to the Pfizer vaccine may be OK with the AstraZeneca one, or AN Other Vaccine As Yet To Be Approved
REDBUCK

« Reply #6475 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 13:20:01 »

tbf with any vaccine there's always some people who can't have it or who aren't recommended to have it. That might be "don't have this category of vaccine at all" or it might be "Don't have vaccine A but you should be OK with vaccine B". So it may be that some of the people who've had reactions to the Pfizer vaccine may be OK with the AstraZeneca one, or AN Other Vaccine As Yet To Be Approved

And i assume that key to this is how quickly these issues are reported and the advice re issued to avoid worse incidents

Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #6476 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 13:54:56 »

Well maybe, but they have a fantastic record of utter bullshit so far.

This is the problem - the ongoing catologue of bullshit and bollocks make you fear/see the worst in everything that is even close to the Govt.  Trust (if/where it existed) is evaporating.

No one kills a thread like me....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6477 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 13:59:20 »

This is the problem - the ongoing catologue of bullshit and bollocks make you fear/see the worst in everything that is even close to the Govt.  Trust (if/where it existed) is evaporating.
Which has been one of the biggest issues with their whole handling of COVID and will (as sutton exemplifies) become all the more so as the vaccines roll out. Public health campaigns rely on trustworthy accurate information as the public health professionals and behavioural scientists on SAGE and Independent SAGE have been trying to tell the govt since Feb. But the govt still show no signs of understanding that - right up to this week, we have Hancock with his "We only got the vaccine because of Brexit" bullshit and his bid for an Oscar on breakfast TV yesterday. In a pandemic, lies cost lives
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #6478 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 15:10:24 »

At the risk of banging on, where did all the allergies come from? I was in a comprehensive with 2000 pupils, if you were given something with nuts then extra nuts were sprinkled on. No one had a nut allergy then. My guess would be a mass vaccination, or maybe the Welsh tbf.
Flashheart

« Reply #6479 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 15:23:59 »

At the risk of banging on, where did all the allergies come from? I was in a comprehensive with 2000 pupils, if you were given something with nuts then extra nuts were sprinkled on. No one had a nut allergy then. My guess would be a mass vaccination, or maybe the Welsh tbf.

I reckon they've always been around just as much as they are now, but we're now more aware of them.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: