Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133025 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 16:20:27 »

Cheesy
Ross County (third spell)
Adams left Morecambe to become Ross County manager for a third time in November 2023.[48] His first game in charge was a 0–0 draw.[49]
Adams received backlash in December following his post-match comments after losing at home to Dundee through a last-minute goal, in which he slammed the standard of Scottish football as being "shocking", calling the game "one of the worst games I've ever seen", and claiming his former team Morecambe were "miles better" than his Ross County squad, specifying that "I've left a side down in England's League Two that is miles better than this team. And that's saying something, we had the bottom budget in League Two and we were a hundred times better than this."[50] Adams would later stand by his comments regarding the standard of Scottish football, but admitted regret in his comparison to his former employer and apologised to his playing squad for the comment.[51]
Adams resigned from his position at Ross County on 7 February 2024, the day after a 5–0 defeat at Motherwell.[52]

So, give no fucks
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 16:31:32 »

Derek Adams as good as confirmed by Zav then.
Cheesy Cheesy

By someone who isn’t employed by the club or has anything to do with us  Cheesy
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 16:33:27 »

The totally not Vice Chairman.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #1518 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 16:37:19 »

Knows how to get out of League Two to be fair to him though.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 20:04:42 »

Best bit with Adams is that he’s set his LinkedIn as ‘open to work’. I guess football is a business but amusing all the same a manager advertising their availability on there.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 20:10:43 »

I remember the story Bobby Gould told when he rang the county ground enquiring about the managers job and got through to Andy King Grin

So, give no fucks
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 20:27:45 »

generally speaking I don't care too much for manager appointments anymore. there is no real science, it fits at one club and it doesn't at others.
However, does any appointment really matter at a club like ours currently in terms of recruitment strategy, budget, training facilities, coaching staff and boardroom management positions.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 20:35:34 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/24251665.speculation-rife-manager-seen-watching-swindon-town/

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 22:02:34 »

However, does any appointment really matter at a club like ours currently in terms of recruitment strategy, budget, training facilities, coaching staff and boardroom management positions.

I think it was posh red that replied to my similar post. Said something like 'it might be the difference between league survival and relegation'.

On reflection I think he's right.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 07:23:46 »

I think it was posh red that replied to my similar post. Said something like 'it might be the difference between league survival and relegation'.

On reflection I think he's right.

It was indeed, even the addition of an experienced coach/assistant has made a difference, albeit the debacle at Sutton happened too
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 08:05:45 »

Adams seems to have achieved best when working under a budget (Morecambe, Ross County).

Doesn't seem to have fared so well at clubs with bigger budgets and higher expectations (Bradford, even Plymouth if you ask a lot of their fans).

Depends which way we go next season. If we continue to try and do things on a budget, it might be a shrewd appointment. If we are to 'go for it', it might not be.

He's certainly not a manager to endear himself to fans. His football is more pragmatic and safe than exciting, which could be what we need after this season's lack of defensive structure.

I still think we need a full restructure at the top of the football club truly see any kind of change.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1526 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 08:11:55 »

2 weeks ago he posted this on LinkedIn:

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 08:49:01 »

Gunning didn’t get past the first interview then.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 09:21:39 »

I wonder where that leaves Gunning & Shan*
Small sample size but Shan seems to have made an immediate difference.

*if indeed Adams post + being at the CG has anything to do with him becoming our manager. Let’s be honest it wouldn’t be the first time an out of work manager has been seen the CG and rumours have gone round he’s our new manager but he just lived locally & was taking in a game of football
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: Sunday, April 14, 2024, 10:11:00 »

If this is real, then it's kind of a red flag to me. Tell me a manager who has not immediately had a mate who they have worked with who they bring with them, especially as an assistant! Suggests he has not built up those relationships previously.

The guys has got out of this division before, but damn if I'm not remotely keen on having a pragmatic, confrontational manager with a terrible recent track record. If last seasons end of seasons appointment of Flynn was broadly considered a good move, there is no way this one will be.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: