Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133038 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1470 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 12:26:52 »

Why is this even being discussed? 

Hope?
To keep the load of bollocks content up?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 12:45:17 »

Hope?
To keep the load of bollocks content up?
I think that normally looks after itself.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 12:58:47 »

Aye, that's true.

The New Beginnings thread will probably reach a 1000+ pages before the start of next season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1473 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 13:19:57 »

Garner would be the perfect man to bring is a Director of Football Operations, if you had any intent on actually investing in such a thing, which we do not.  In which case, utterly pointless.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #1474 on: Thursday, April 4, 2024, 19:31:16 »

Luke Garrard gone from Boreham Wood. Poor season this season, but quite a lot on here have mentioned his name quite regularly.....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1475 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 13:08:14 »

Luke Garrard gone from Boreham Wood. Poor season this season, but quite a lot on here have mentioned his name quite regularly.....

Why would he ruin his growing ? reputation by coming here - who would want the stfc job at the present time - unless they are certifiable
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #1476 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 13:10:52 »

If he had no link to us i don't think many would be that interested. Are we really wanting a manager who is getting relegated from non league?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1477 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 13:17:58 »

'Our' obsession with former players is odd. But I can see why some would want an up and coming manager from the non leagues.

I personally would prefer someone who has league experience, at least to guide them. I guess our new assistant fits that.

Truth is I've no idea what I want really under these conditions. Pretty sure it's not gunning
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1478 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 14:13:47 »

Kevin Horlock is another doing mediocre in non league with with some FA Cup success mixed in.

Thing is if they're doing too good it rules them out as no fucking way we'd pay compo.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 14:41:46 »

'Our' obsession with former players is odd. But I can see why some would want an up and coming manager from the non leagues.

I get people being keen on players who we liked / rated / had a good spell for Town but Garrard was a terrible player who most people probably don’t remember & those of us that do probably only remember him for his shit hair cut and throwing up in the side of the pitch before games…

Although - at a quick glance he’s seemingly done ok up till this season.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 15:41:51 »

I didn't think he was shit to be honest. Played alright in a couple of JPT games I seem to remember. Didn't really do anything outstanding but wasn't a bomb scare defender like we've seen this season both for and against us.

Just didn't really make the grade for a league one club and ended up carving out an ok conference career with Wimbledon.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1481 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 15:55:50 »

I personally would prefer someone who has league experience, at least to guide them. I guess our new assistant fits that.

Truth is I've no idea what I want really under these conditions. Pretty sure it's not gunning

Its difficult because so many different types have failed before. However it doesn't mean the type or model is wrong, its just shit people in the job.

I want a director of football who has lots of experience in the game, lots of contacts, and a plan. This is the role that can be more ex player focused in my opinion. Bodin made a decent pitch for this role at last nights premier league event.

Ref manager i want the following

1. Played league football, minimum at championship level (peak) but can have been a good league one player.
2. Someone who has been promoted as a player (if so as a manager great but unlikely for the market we are in)
3. Understands the young players of today, so possibly someone with some experience in coaching U23 for a premier league championship club. These players are going to make up a decent chunk of any team looking to develop assets (almost all clubs at our level).
4. Someone with a little charisma and leadership, both publicly and with the players. Must be coherent and a good communicator.

I do not give a shit about former player for the manager role. Its a bonus, but only if the player had a successful period with us. Garrard may as well be fucking Karl Robinson.

Morris came closest to this of the Clem appointments, (lacked point 4), and i still think with a transfer window that Lindsey/Flynn had, would have done alright.

I think a name that was rumored, and that i understand we definitely spoke to (pre Lindsey), was Crofts from Brighton, that would seem to have ticked the above boxes.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 16:00:41 »

The club had one thing right under Power as well. The team must be set up to play the 'correct' way, not a direct style. It can be successful at this level, its been proved many times. Wellens proved it twice with us and Orient!

It also allows you to build better relationships with the big teams who expect their loanees to play a certain way, and it allows us to develop players that fit in teams that play that way to make better transfer revenue.

I fundamentally disagree with the sometimes suggested approach of being practical to get out of league 2, you really don't have to do it.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 16:02:25 »

1. Played league football, minimum at championship level (peak) but can have been a good league one player.

Rules out Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger then.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1484 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 16:04:16 »

Rules out Jose Mourinho and Arsene Wenger then.

Haha fair. Its interesting to think if we believe they could do the job at league 2 level? I'd kind of love one of them to take it on to prove it can be done, football manager style.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: