Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133042 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1440 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 07:31:08 »

Hearing rumours getting stronger of Garner returning. Not sure if it’s people putting 2 and 2 together with him featuring on BBC wilts but rumours are definitely stronger than they were before.

Will he be sat in the DR stand as well?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1441 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 07:31:57 »

Hearing rumours getting stronger of Garner returning. Not sure if it’s people putting 2 and 2 together with him featuring on BBC wilts but rumours are definitely stronger than they were before.
I don't think Garner would return with Clem in charge from what I have heard about how he left us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1442 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 07:37:11 »

We’d be stupid to have him back.

Not only did he do us dirty with the timing of talking to Charlton - he’s generally been shit everywhere else apart from 1 season here (and we were still shit at times that season)

Like in all seriousness - does anyone look at our current squad (granted it might look very different come August) & think, yeah Ben fucking Garner could get a decent tune of out of these players…

…because I do not.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1443 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 07:39:52 »

…because I do not.
You are not alone in thinking that.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1444 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 07:40:27 »

Ben Garner might at least know what to do with the eight hundred small technical midfielders we have.

He's not my preference at all but if it's him or Gunning then welcome back Ben. You would like to think there are wider options available, but Clem has shown repeatedly that he likes to go back to past glories.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1445 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 07:46:45 »

I don't think Garner would return with Clem in charge from what I have heard about how he left us.

Even from Garners own words in the interview with Hawes, he left because of changes behind the scenes he wasn't happy with (see Chorley exit time), so its difficult to see him returning.

However, Garners stock is pretty low right now, sacked by Charlton, and then by Colchester so i think he struggles to get another league job, so i guess its possible he lowers his standards to secure one possibly?

Despite his 'success' he never really built that relationship with the fans and thats down to his own personality but also the tendancy to play a brand of tippy tappy football that a significant number of the town faithfull lambast. So if it were to happen i don't think Clem would get much credit for bringing him back.

Someone on here pointed out that our new assistant worked with him and Russell and WBA, not sure how true that is? Is this another Lewis Ward type arrangement. We want him but the terms of his Colchester seperation see us waiting until the end of the season to do it? I doubt it personally.

Personally his reluctance to move away from 5-3-2 annoyed me for a lot of the season, and it amused me our run at the end of the season to get to the playoffs was because we played 433 finally, with Barry/Davison/McKirdy up top.

I don't think bringing him back is the way to go sadly.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1446 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 07:51:25 »

Clem is naive enough to think bringing Garner back would quieten the fans for a bit. That’s how his brain works.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1447 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 08:11:57 »

2 days late Joe
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #1448 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 08:23:30 »

I think Garner would jump at the chance to come back with the way his career has nosedived.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1449 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 08:24:11 »

I know Garner is out of work, but he's not an idiot and surely coming back here to manager the club in an even worse situation than when he left is a lose lose for him.

With that said, when he took the job on 3 years ago with only a few footballers in the building and post the Sheridan league 1 Covid season, times weren't great then so maybe he'd like another go under a different challenge.

Unfortunately, such are things at the moment that it doesn't really matter who is managing the club until multiple things are sorted out behind the scenes. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1450 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 08:28:54 »

Fishing.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1451 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 08:42:18 »

I know Garner is out of work, but he's not an idiot and surely coming back here to manager the club in an even worse situation than when he left is a lose lose for him.

With that said, when he took the job on 3 years ago with only a few footballers in the building and post the Sheridan league 1 Covid season, times weren't great then so maybe he'd like another go under a different challenge.

Unfortunately, such are things at the moment that it doesn't really matter who is managing the club until multiple things are sorted out behind the scenes. 
This is it in a nutshell sadly BO. I do realise this is a football forum and it's what people are going to want to talk about, but the fact is that currently any discussions about potential new managers and the merits or otherwise of various players / formations and so on, are totally moot.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1452 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 08:44:03 »

I think Garner would jump at the chance to come back with the way his career has nosedived.
I dont think its Garners side that has any issues....

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1453 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 08:44:34 »

This.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1454 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2024, 09:01:45 »

I just can't believe that 40 years (40 years....where did that go?!?!?!?!)...after Lou Macari took over in the aftermath of the infamous 'Beamish Line' season, we've come full circle and we're essentially back where we started ...and I wouldn't argue with anyone who said we're actually worse off...I feel like the Macari/Ardiles/Hoddle etc years were just a dream...very, very sad...
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: