Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133084 times)
Townend24

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:07:11 »

Hear me out….

Where do we go next? Mr Gunning was definitely the next appointment for Clem and I think he was hoping for him to steady the ship and be an easy cheap appointment. However I think we are all in agreement it was never quite going to work. He’s not popular amongst the players. His body language is awful and his interviews are damning for the dressing room. The best managers will protect the dressing room in public but by all means crucify them privately if and when needed. Now that it’s evident even surely to Mr Morfuni eyes Gav Gunning is not a football manager and struggles to manage people and players.

We have tried the experienced one (Flynn, Brown, Flitcroft, Sheridan) as have we tried the academy route (Garner,Kevin McDonald, Luke Williams). We have tried the caretaker to manager idea (Lindsay, Gunning, Cooper). Our last real successful manager was Richie wellens who managed for 1 season and then came to us and after a slow start built a real strong togetherness with the supporters. I am trying to forget the separation from supporters and the board and clem and co but I really feel the distance in togetherness from the pitch to the stands is deeply growing.

I know we all have mixed opinions and that is football. I would love none other than a fresh Paul Caddis after the year he’s had with Hereford. Young hungry and understands our football club. I work with 3 Hereford season ticket holders and they say he pulls no punches. He’s very forceful in what he wants and Hereford have now come from losing positions to win or draw several times this season that shows he’s built a group that will never give up.Sadly something I think that has been labelled at us this season. He’s on a 2yr deal but I doubt he’d cost an arm and a leg to prize away. Should Caddis be given the opportunity? Should he want the opportunity? Similarities and similar journey/career to Wellens?

Other possibilities could be a real experienced manager which stated above we have gone down that route. Could we go foreign? Someone out of the box. Could we attract a foreigner to come over to our leagues who likely doesn’t know a lot?

Are there any national league managers who are worthy of taking on?

I think Caddis with an experienced backroom team would be a great starting point who would have us focussing on the pitch and reunite the bond between the supporters and the players because we all know he’d demand a team that will work until the very end (just checked Hereford scoreline last night and equalised in 95th minute) and I think that’s happened a few times this season. Supporters love him and the average attendance has grown by 35% on last season according to a local news bulletin.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #1366 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:10:30 »

Hi Hanners
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:24:32 »

Caddis would be mad to come here, ruin his reputation and would be a big risk for him and us, and non league Vanarama is a huge step to league football, he hasn't proven anything yet.

And Foreign coach - Where do you think Clem has his contacts ? he is not besty's with Ange even though they are both Aussie

Sadly stfc is probably seen as a poisoned chalice given our reputation with managers the last few years
Jericho

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:29:25 »

Caddis would be mental to come to this club in its current state.

He will have no budget, have his transfer strategy hamstrung by the genius that is Jamie Russell and he'll have an entire new team to have to build from scratch. Destined for failure, by which time Clem would probably just appoint Kiely's best friend Gav Gunning again on an "interim" basis.

People should have learned by now that who the manager is doesn't matter while the club is being run by a bunch of idiots who don't have any idea how to run a professional football club.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:33:55 »

So what’s happened, financially, between Clem appointing Morris and his assistant - they wouldn’t have come cheap - and Poundland Gunning? He was obviously prepared to employ both Morris and Flynn and then pay them off but employ Gunning with no support staff and no doubt vastly reduced salary?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:40:49 »

Big fan of Caddis and really hope it doesn't happen in the circumstances. Don't want his career and STFC reputation ruined.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:42:07 »

Unfortunately we need to get the horse before the cart before we decide which horse we are going to choose.  No Manager will be successful with the current setup, infrastructure and budget.  I have said it before, you could hire Pep or Mr Blobby, unless the backroom of the club is sorted first, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:44:20 »

The whole Caddis being a legend thing has always been way too OTT for me.

The bloke has barely played 100 games for us.

If he's appointed I hope it's because he has the credentials to do well. Not because he had 2 good seasons as a player.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:47:33 »

So what’s happened, financially, between Clem appointing Morris and his assistant - they wouldn’t have come cheap - and Poundland Gunning? He was obviously prepared to employ both Morris and Flynn and then pay them off but employ Gunning with no support staff and no doubt vastly reduced salary?

The only thing i can think is preparing for sale with minimum high earning assets
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:48:14 »

The only thing i can think is preparing for sale with minimum high earning assets

Yep
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:49:01 »

This is my hope.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:49:39 »

I god hope so! Im praying we have a new owner by the start of next season.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:53:07 »

Wasn't Flynn through the "Agency"?  "We" likely didn't lose any money on that one.

I think Morris demanding his mate and then finding the cost to do so caught them by surprise, hence the delay.  Think that was a case of fingers being burned and probably didn't help Morris in giving himself any runway.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 16:04:14 »

Wasn't Flynn through the "Agency"?  "We" likely didn't lose any money on that one.

I think Morris demanding his mate and then finding the cost to do so caught them by surprise, hence the delay.  Think that was a case of fingers being burned and probably didn't help Morris in giving himself any runway.

Where is Morris' No 2 now - did he go straight back to coaching Chelsea's kids ?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 16:19:27 »

He never left Wink
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: