Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133053 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 12:45:34 »

I honestly don't think any manager would get much out of this bunch of misfits. Granted Flynn and Gunning haven't been great, but the squad is a mess and the majority of players are not good enough for the top end of League 2. That added with inadequate training facilities, we're in the situation we're in. It'll only get worse next season with Clem in charge.

The squad is a mess because it’s unbalanced and missing key ingredients.
Still think we have decent players in the squad. Like I genuinely think to drop an experienced CB & a decent DM in this squad and we 8-10 places higher.

The off field side of things needs a massive reboot - all of it.
Sort out the midfield & the squad is ok (although I have no doubt most contracts will expire and it’ll be a completely different squad come August & again in January & again in August etc)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 13:11:38 »

^ This. Plus we always seem to be chasing our tail when it comes to signing players.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 13:20:55 »

Yes, the squad is unbalanced but equally you work with what you have got, we have the players to play 4-3-3 but the tactics Gunning wants to employ at times is 4-2-4 or 4-1-5 the tactic seems to be we will outscore the opposition, and knock it long and direct.

Gunning is not the answer - whatever the question is

Wouldn't it be good for Clem to decide that Gunning is out of his depth and appoint a new manager with coaching team, for the run in so they can evaluate the squad and make a decision on who they feel it is right to keep.

Sadly decisions on players will be made by the sporting director, and either Gunning will be given the job as "he has not had the correct tools to use but we have seen enough to suggest he will do a good job" or a new manager will be found appointed late after the job has been turned down due to being told he will have one of the lowest budgets.

Will no chance of arranging his own pre-season, players signed that do not fit into his style of play so he is forced to play a certain way and use the players he has been given until they are all sold in January and we sign another 11 players.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 13:34:53 »

Similarly to Morris, he's been left in a shit situation but still done absolutely fucking shite with the shit hand he was dealt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 13:35:30 »

I honestly don't think any manager would get much out of this bunch of misfits. Granted Flynn and Gunning haven't been great, but the squad is a mess and the majority of players are not good enough for the top end of League 2. That added with inadequate training facilities, we're in the situation we're in. It'll only get worse next season with Clem in charge.

I wouldn't be confident instructing that man to run a bath, let along fix one. Horrendous planning and decision making skills.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 13:55:02 »

If they are serious about getting out of this league, go get Fatty Evans.
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 13:59:03 »

Do we seriously want an ex-con like Evans?

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 13:59:09 »

If they are serious about getting out of this league, go get Fatty Evans.

Yea, we're definitely not getting a manager from a team in the League 1 playoffs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 14:00:08 »

Yea, we're definitely not getting a manager from a team in the League 1 playoffs.

Or having to pay compo for someone still in a job!
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 14:01:14 »

Or having to pay compo for someone still in a job!

True, should have led with that!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 14:01:36 »

We’ll get a completely unproven first time manager (and one with credentials more reflecting Gunning than Garner) or an absolute dreg off of the carousel

The clubs reputation is an absolute joke, and talk must travel. No serious manager, or one with designs on being one, will touch us with a barge pole

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 14:04:53 »

Do we seriously want an ex-con like Evans?
Fit in well.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 14:05:55 »

Is it feasible that Gunning goes back to his initial day job as loans manager, or a coach and we promote the academy manager, who's stock must have gone up after the season with the yoofs?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 14:22:09 »

Loans manager is the most pointless job ever
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1364 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 14:27:45 »

Khan has obviously be binned. Maybe his attitude is down to not going to AFCON, not going to Wrexham or maybe Ramadan has something to do with it.
I am sure it was similar last season during Ramadan that he didnt play whole games or evening games during the month.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: