Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133039 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 16:43:36 »

Shitheads would like him

So, give no fucks
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 14:20:28 »

What is the minimum Gunning needs to achieve from his 18 games in charge for people to think he is the acceptable choice for next season?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 14:26:06 »

Think he could win the remaining 9 and still the majority wouldn’t want him.

Although I think most think it’s a given anyway.
If that is the case I’d like to see us bring in an older, wiser head as an assistant.
I much prefer Gavs gung-ho cavalier tactics which he isn’t afraid to mix up over the rigid keep trying the same thing all game every game we had under Flynn.

If you think of it as a sliding scale - we’ve gone from one extreme to the other. Flynn needed to be more flexible. Gav needs to rein it in. Maybe an experienced assistant manager in his ear might be a massive help?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 14:39:38 »

Gunning needs to win 6 out of the last 9 to get up to a reassuring 40% win rate.

Time for results over the blarney.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 14:52:01 »

Gunning needs to win 6 out of the last 9 to get up to a reassuring 40% win rate.

Time for results over the blarney.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Managers.asp

Interesting number you picked. Out of our 'recent' managers (i'd say from Luke Williams forward) using Win ratio as your guide, Garner's 60% sticks out. I see Flynny had 39% so not sure 40% is quite so reassuring.

Personally i'm open minded. In all honesty are we sure what the aims of the club are going to be next season? Last season's bluster was that we were going for promotion, which we've been miles off of, and budgetary issues suggest we might not be able to attract the calibre of manager that fans might want. I think Gunning's reign has been 'interesting'. I think he was well backed in January and has shown that he isn't afraid to try things, much like a baby who will put anything in his/her mouth.

If Gav isn't to be the new gaffer, I'd like to see him used in some kind of coaching team. I think he's quite popular and I like his Irish dryness personally. (but get he does rub some people up the wrong way)
« Last Edit: Monday, March 11, 2024, 14:57:56 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1340 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 16:14:00 »

Think he could win the remaining 9 and still the majority wouldn’t want him.
If we win our next 9 games I will 100% change my mind on him and give him the job full time, ok I will even say that winning 8 out of the last 9 and I will say hes the best person for the job.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1341 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 16:17:39 »

If we win the next 9 games I will give Audrey a hand job live on twitch
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 16:20:59 »

…well, I’ll quote it - just in case
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 16:26:58 »

You’ll need 2 hands
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1344 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 16:28:42 »

You’ll need 2 hands
Yes but 1 and a half of them will be wasted!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1345 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 11:37:40 »

So 10 games into Gav part 3 and he has 2 wins & 10 points.
In Flynn’s last 10 games (which everyone rightly points out were a disaster) he got 3 wins & 10 points.

I’m no fan of Cotterill but does anyone think we would have 10 points from the last 10 games if he’d been in charge 🤷🏼‍♂️
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 11:44:19 »

How much of it is down to the players. They can see what we see. Can’t blame them for not buying into Gav’s madcap methods. Play well, get dropped or subbed. 4 at the back one game, 5 at the back the next game. 3 midfielders one game, 2 midfielders the next game.

Khan has obviously be binned. Maybe his attitude is down to not going to AFCON, not going to Wrexham or maybe Ramadan has something to do with it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 12:03:31 »

If there is anything the change in Manager this season has shown us, it's that players largely do follow the instruction of the Manager.  While both Managers have brought issues to the team, the way the same (ish) set of players play the game is very different under them.

I can certainly buy into anyone wishing to make a case for the squad actually being quite shit, but I can also support the fact our Managerial set-up is shit as well.  Even if Gav was the man, he'd insist on a proper coaching staff - the fact he hasn't, and even supported the decision to not support him, in public, says it all really.  This is not a serious attempt.  I mean, Pike is going to have to do Karachi and Sydney on the same trip next time.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 12:35:49 »

I honestly don't think any manager would get much out of this bunch of misfits. Granted Flynn and Gunning haven't been great, but the squad is a mess and the majority of players are not good enough for the top end of League 2. That added with inadequate training facilities, we're in the situation we're in. It'll only get worse next season with Clem in charge.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 12:41:54 »

I’m no fan of Cotterill but does anyone think we would have 10 points from the last 10 games if he’d been in charge 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: