Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133062 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:30:05 »

CM 01/02 legend. I wonder if Jamie Victory is around to assist him, those two used to solve any lower league teams full back positions.

Taribo West and Cherno Samba joint managers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:32:42 »

Therefore, I assume recruitment is being done by someone else - so the fact we’ve sacked Flynn half way through a window doesn’t really make any difference from sacking him in November or March.

Assumptions or not, I do have one counter.

Do it now and you can claim
  1. Recruitment of further players dissrupted by upheaval
  2. It'll be a clean start in the summer (or not needed if gunning does well)

ST sales and pressure relief from fan unrest. Think they got it wrong if so.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:35:04 »

We need Kenny Jackett
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:35:40 »

A new contract, then a pay off. Wow.

I would hope we have someone lined up. I reckon Robbie Fowler. Australian connections. Tim Cahill?

Nice pay out to Standings agency no doubt.

Almost as if it was on purpose.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:37:52 »

They’ll announce a new exciting manager just around ST renewal time & then not back him

Or for full comedic effect, back him for a good First XI and then cut his budget causing us to slide down the table again  Suicide
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:40:19 »

But this is all so bad.

I know most fans would happily let most of the players leave, but why does anyone you want to keep sign a contract extension under interim manager Gunning? They dont.

Can't help but read Flynns comments in the official story with a certain emphasis

Following the decision, Michael added: “I want to thank the owner for the opportunity to manage this great Football Club and wish everyone associated, ESPECIALLY the fans the very best for the future."

Seems like we will need it!

Translation: "the club is fucked and you don't deserve it. good luck, you're gonna need it"
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:42:19 »

Or for full comedic effect, back him for a good First XI and then cut his budget causing us to slide down the table again  Suicide

No what happens is they appoint a new manager they say he has a competitive budget, he thinks he has a competing budget, even some fans believe we have a competitive budget - then they’ll sack him again come the Jan transfer window.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:44:13 »

Translation: "the club is fucked and you don't deserve it. good luck, you're gonna need it"

That is how i read it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:45:10 »

Be interesting to know what the guys at "league 2 606" on twitter think they know.

They are keeping their cards close (the Bradford fan), maybe they *know* nothing, but when they say they can't say anything but that "the football is the best thing about Swindon at the moment" - you better hope they know nothing!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:51:27 »

What are the chances they are going to cancel the fans forum on the 30th
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:53:15 »

What are the chances they are going to cancel the fans forum on the 30th

Or letting it go ahead without Clem, but with Hall, Russell and the poor sod from the women's team taking flak from all comers...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 14:14:03 »

Be interesting to know what the guys at "league 2 606" on twitter think they know.

They are keeping their cards close (the Bradford fan), maybe they *know* nothing, but when they say they can't say anything but that "the football is the best thing about Swindon at the moment" - you better hope they know nothing!

The seemed to insinuate they knew something but could not say anything, they have got a few things correct previously, but it is odd they are not willing to report what they know, or perhaps they cant clarify their source is correct so better to keep quiet.

If only we had a Trust that was willing to be vocal with everything going on and do their homework on everything instead of waiting to be told by Clem in their monthly meeting and then being told not to tell anyone.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 14:16:59 »

If only we had a Trust that was willing to be vocal with everything going on and do their homework on everything instead of waiting to be told by Clem in their monthly meeting and then being told not to tell anyone.

So I know we have pages and pages on the Trust elsewhere and this risks more of them, but what do you actually want/think the trust could reasonably do here? Some sort of statement to express their concern? Like, I totally get the "too close to Clem" thing - although I would reiterate that all those board members you're thinking of are resigning, but I don't really see how they have any power to do anything here. Do other club's Trusts go digging for journalistic info?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 14:24:00 »

Should we be asking about the nature of Gunnings relationship with STFC?

Brought in as a coach under Lindsey, we were told by Lindsey. Yet he didn't move on to Crawley with him? The only other person that didn't was Mildenhall, but Mildenhall was here pre Lindsey.

Still here under Morris as some sort of coach, but not good enough to be number two, remember the Brand debacle.

Morris leaves, we bring in another new manager in Flynn, who also doesn't want him.

So this guy brought in by Lindsey, is still at the club and has done all sorts of weird roles that never existed before (loan development manager/ going to Aus for academy), and is now parachuted back in as temporary manager.

Do we keep him around as a permanent temp manager when we sack them every 6 months? How does a club so tight on budget afford to keep him around in all these strange/obscure positions?

Based on absolutely nothing i would suggest there is something more to it.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 14:26:46 »

Should we be asking about the nature of Gunnings relationship with STFC?

Brought in as a coach under Lindsey, we were told by Lindsey. Yet he didn't move on to Crawley with him? The only other person that didn't was Mildenhall, but Mildenhall was here pre Lindsey.

Still here under Morris as some sort of coach, but not good enough to be number two, remember the Brand debacle.

Morris leaves, we bring in another new manager in Flynn, who also doesn't want him.

So this guy brought in by Lindsey, is still at the club and has done all sorts of weird roles that never existed before (loan development manager/ going to Aus for academy), and is now parachuted back in as temporary manager.

Do we keep him around as a permanent temp manager when we sack them every 6 months? How does a club so tight on budget afford to keep him around in all these strange/obscure positions?

Based on absolutely nothing i would suggest there is something more to it.

From what I recall I thought it was Sandro that brought in Gunning and we was told he was a decent coach
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: