Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133080 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:53:58 »

I doubt Flynn signs the players. Few clubs operate like that these days. Most have a DoF-type role who does all of that stuff. Fairly certain we've had that model for years now.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:56:07 »

I doubt Flynn signs the players. Few clubs operate like that these days. Most have a DoF-type role who does all of that stuff. Fairly certain we've had that model for years now.

We did. We probably still do. However it was explicitly said the model was different this season and Flynn was in charge of recruitment, with Russell and others assisting. How true that is, who knows.

But our DoF has no qualifications for such a role anyway!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1157 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:56:53 »

That’s another massive issue though isn’t it. There’s obviously the Kiely/Standing angle but our DoF is Jamie Russell whose experience is academy coaching, another square peg in a round hole at the club.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:57:38 »

That’s another massive issue though isn’t it. There’s obviously the Kiely/Standing angle but our DoF is Jamie Russell whose experience is academy coaching, another square cheap peg in a round hole at the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:59:37 »

We can say it’s stupid timing but is it really?

Yes, yes it is. Massively.

HTH.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:00:20 »

Yes, yes it is. Massively.

HTH.

Why?

Forget the window.
Flynn doesn’t find & sign the players.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:01:03 »

Why would Clem pay Flynn off for a new owner?

Perhaps amicable discussions were 'Mike, would you like triple your pay off but the club only has to pay you in 9 months time'?

Who knows with this lot!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:02:28 »

That’s another massive issue though isn’t it. There’s obviously the Kiely/Standing angle but our DoF is Jamie Russell whose experience is academy coaching, another square peg in a round hole at the club.

Dan Ashworrh went from academy management to the best DoF in the country. It's not necessarily an issue.

But, Russell is there because Kiely wants/needs a puppet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1163 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:07:23 »

Why?

Forget the window.
Flynn doesn’t find & sign the players.

I mean that's a fair point.

I've suspected for a while that players and style of play are dictated from above. It was pointed out 3 at the back has been Flynn's MO at previous clubs so could be wrong.

If this really is Kiely doing recruitment then we are all we will ever be. Pray for a sale outside the brown circle.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:10:10 »

Dan Ashworrh went from academy management to the best DoF in the country. It's not necessarily an issue.

But, Russell is there because Kiely wants/needs a puppet.
But that’s an exception, he has loads of different roles before actually becoming a DoF/Sporting Director.

DoF is a really important role in lower leagues especially in terms of continuity. Russell doesn’t seem to tick any boxes, just like most other people involved with running the club to be honest.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:11:37 »

I've suspected for a while that players and style of play are dictated from above. It was pointed out 3 at the back has been Flynn's MO at previous clubs so could be wrong.

If this really is Kiely doing recruitment then we are all we will ever be. Pray for a sale outside the brown circle.

Isn't Kiely the one who is was said we are using his data system ? so what role does he actually play, does he provide the stats, or just the computer programme that the fitness data upload's into ?

Do we still have a chief scout or was he binned off to save money, and we just use WyScout for and word of mouth for player recruitment ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:13:09 »

I don’t imagine for one second Lindsey, Sandro, Morris & Flynn all wanted to play exactly the same style, formation and sign exactly the same type of players.

Therefore, I assume recruitment is being done by someone else - so the fact we’ve sacked Flynn half way through a window doesn’t really make any difference from sacking him in November or March.

A lot of assumptions on my part admittedly.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:22:37 »

Isn't Kiely the one who is was said we are using his data system ? so what role does he actually play, does he provide the stats, or just the computer programme that the fitness data upload's into ?

Do we still have a chief scout or was he binned off to save money, and we just use WyScout for and word of mouth for player recruitment ?

It's not changed since Chorley left.

It's Kielys system and Kielys decisions*

*Odd exception e.g. Austin, Kinsella

Sandro and Russell have just been his front men.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:24:43 »

But that’s an exception, he has loads of different roles before actually becoming a DoF/Sporting Director.

DoF is a really important role in lower leagues especially in terms of continuity. Russell doesn’t seem to tick any boxes, just like most other people involved with running the club to be honest.
It's only important if you actually use one. Surely by now it is obvious to everyone that the players being bought in are not from the manager or a DOF we are basically ringing around begging for cheap players.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 13:29:23 »

Steve "interesting" Davis interesting?

The Rangers and Northern Ireland player or the snooker player? Couldn't get more bizarre than us appointing a snooker player as manager  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: