Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133042 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:17:18 »

They even interviewed Gav for the job before and decided against it, yet now he fits until the end of the season!!!

Actually mad. Outside of calling him interim, they have not even mentioned the search for a new manager starts now.

Shockingly bad statement.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:18:55 »

They’ll announce a new exciting manager just around ST renewal time & then not back him
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:20:02 »

I feel for Flynn.
A good appointment, but little or no backing from the owner.
Handing out the contract extension should have meant being given the time to fully build his own squad now and in the summer.
But, at the end of the day it's a results business.

Zero evidence of any coherent strategy or planning from the club or presence of a brain cell in the boardroom.

It's massively irritating & frustrating in the extreme. Madness. (Or Mad Gavness now).

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:21:56 »

Hallelujah.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1129 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:22:17 »

They’ll announce a new exciting manager just around ST renewal time & then not back him
Such a fucking conniving almost deceitful thing for you to say about the club and how its run, and I agree fully. Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:23:08 »

Power v Standing? Why will the wait until the court case is done before selling?

Didn’t Clem ‘suggest’ or ‘say’ that if Standing wins then he ‘Clem’ owes him ‘Standing’ something like £4m and will pay him accordingly? I may have misinterpreted what I thought I’d read or heard.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:24:05 »

We truly are a basket case at the moment!

Never known a Manager go without getting stick from fans....Sheridan was an exception.

Who the fuck is going to come here now?

Can we get any worse on the pitch?

If he had lost the changing room, will we see a huge improvement on Saturday?

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:26:08 »

What gets me more than anything with Flynn - is he’s had two managers job previous to Swindon.
He had relative success in the first one playing pragmatic agricultural football & did a poor job trying to play football in the second one.

Why did he then come here and try & repeat the second one & not the first.

Almost like he’s given up on a career and just wants to go into a club & get sacked for the pay off.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:27:39 »

Wasn't it stated last season after Linsey went that Gav wasn't able to stay as interim until the end of the season due to not having relevant qualifications?

Is that still the case or has he bagged the qualifications since?

We can only hope that lightning strikes thrice with Gav, and that it's able to last until the season end.

Regardless I'm not sure it makes the club look an attractive prospect to any incoming players

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:28:19 »

The best i can say to that is he had to play to the players he had maybe.

Though why he didnt recruit to change styles is beyond me. Budget?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:29:49 »

But this is all so bad.

I know most fans would happily let most of the players leave, but why does anyone you want to keep sign a contract extension under interim manager Gunning? They dont.

Can't help but read Flynns comments in the official story with a certain emphasis

Following the decision, Michael added: “I want to thank the owner for the opportunity to manage this great Football Club and wish everyone associated, ESPECIALLY the fans the very best for the future."

Seems like we will need it!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:30:03 »

The best i can say to that is he had to play to the players he had maybe.

Though why he didnt recruit to change styles is beyond me. Budget?

We’ve recruited exactly the same though Lindsey, Sandro, Morris & Flynn: to me indicates they aren’t making the decisions.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:30:36 »

They've changed the statement - 2nd draft doesn't mention Gunning staying until the end of the season. What a shambles
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:31:29 »

But this is all so bad.

I know most fans would happily let most of the players leave, but why does anyone you want to keep sign a contract extension under interim manager Gunning? They dont.

Can't help but read Flynns comments in the official story with a certain emphasis

Following the decision, Michael added: “I want to thank the owner for the opportunity to manage this great Football Club and wish everyone associated, ESPECIALLY the fans the very best for the future."

Seems like we will need it!
Think you are reading a bit too much into it. He knew the score and unfortunately he has probably thought he could work miracles and can't
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: Monday, January 15, 2024, 12:31:32 »

We should just get enough points not to get relegated this season

Middle of January - we are in desperate need of new players - I know lets sack the manager and his assistant that will save having to pay any new players this season

What decent manager would want to come here after what has happened with the previous managers under Clem ?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: