Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133079 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #915 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 15:03:41 »

I don't think he walks.

Did anyone bottom out why he was given the contract extension?

The rumour i had been told was that it was to keep him sweet by virute of a bigger pay off, while Clem was discussing selling the club and if the new owner brought in their own man.

You also need to consider who Flynn's agent is, and who made the decision to extend his contract.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #916 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 15:05:03 »

Yeah its all jobs for the boys ain't it. All milking the gravy train. Michael Standing and co probably not a nice signing on bonus too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #917 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 15:05:46 »

I wouldn’t expect him to walk like all of us he’s got bills to pay and a family to support and clearly most of the problems on the pitch are being caused by issues behind the scenes so unless he’s sacked/payed off he’s not going to give up a decent salary unless he falls out with Clem or receives another job offer.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #918 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 15:06:48 »

Why would he? Who junks a 3 year contract?

I'm in a couple of minds about that contract extension. Whilst yes, the start to the season was encouraging and you could perhaps see why we would want to keep a manager who had the team playing exciting, entertaining and winning football. However things had started to take a turn and questions were being asked about our threadbare squad when Flynn was given his contract extension.

It might just be me, but Flynn looks pale and withered during his interviews, almost like he's tired of looking for the dressing room he appears to have lost. For his own sanity, and probably his next job opportunities does he want to carry on potentially leading us to our worst ever finish in the club's history? He already has the unwanted record of being the only league team in FA Cup history to concede 7 to a non-league side.

He's definitely not the only issue at the football club but for me he seems done and I'm not sure how long he can soldier on realistically.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #919 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 15:13:39 »

Yeah its all jobs for the boys ain't it. All milking the gravy train. Michael Standing and co probably not a nice signing on bonus too.

I am not suggesting anything in relation to Flynn (I have no inside knowledge), but it's interesting if First Touch Pro Management are his agent.  Back in 2015, QPR accounted for over 14% of all agents fees paid (in the Championship), and our friends at First Touch were involved in a few dealings that year - Messrs. Gladwin, Luongo and Grant Hall (twice!).  The complete shroud of secrecy that envelopes football creates a myriad of risks in my book, for financial "issues".
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 15:22:14 by RobertT » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #920 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 15:23:26 »

I'm in a couple of minds about that contract extension. Whilst yes, the start to the season was encouraging and you could perhaps see why we would want to keep a manager who had the team playing exciting, entertaining and winning football. However things had started to take a turn and questions were being asked about our threadbare squad when Flynn was given his contract extension.

It might just be me, but Flynn looks pale and withered during his interviews, almost like he's tired of looking for the dressing room he appears to have lost. For his own sanity, and probably his next job opportunities does he want to carry on potentially leading us to our worst ever finish in the club's history? He already has the unwanted record of being the only league team in FA Cup history to concede 7 to a non-league side.

He's definitely not the only issue at the football club but for me he seems done and I'm not sure how long he can soldier on realistically.
Again, in the Adver, he’s piling it all on the players who, he says, have to sort themselves out before anyone else can help. Surely, sooner or later, the CG fans will vocally call for his head - and others.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #921 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 15:27:51 »

Again, in the Adver, he’s piling it all on the players who, he says, have to sort themselves out before anyone else can help. Surely, sooner or later, the CG fans will vocally call for his head - and others.

If fans are calling for Flynn out before Clem then they need to get their fucking heads checked.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #922 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 16:01:20 »

Probably in the minority but there's been 4 or 5 Flynn signings that have played regularly in the first half of the season.

Best to judge Flynn when 7 or 8 starters are on him?

The discontent should arguably be directed at -
1. Clem. Where to begin.
2. The players. Still with the same issues, game management primarily, as under Morris.
3. Flynn. Scope for some major pragmatism might be limited with the tools to hand but surely room for some tinkering that could prove effective.
You don't know if don't try.
Talent, if it's there, will still be showcased regardless.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #923 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 17:05:50 »

Wobbly, I'd blame the players if they were performing below their level, I just don't think they are.  I know people disagree with me on this, but I stated very early on that our squad looked mid table to me, which is where they are.  I don't blame the defenders for being bad at defending, when they never were any good at it to start with.  The fact we put together a defensive unit lacking anyone who likes defending is an issue.

At the start of the season I said Flynn was extracting more out of the team than it was worth, now he is on a run of getting less out of them than they are worth.  The net/net is we find ourselves where I thought we'd be, but trending in the wrong direction.  My worry with Flynn is he seems to be ignoring the impact the system has on our defensive shape, especially given the obvious weaknesses in the individuals.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #924 on: Thursday, January 4, 2024, 17:39:16 »

Wobbly, I'd blame the players if they were performing below their level, I just don't think they are.  I know people disagree with me on this, but I stated very early on that our squad looked mid table to me, which is where they are.  I don't blame the defenders for being bad at defending, when they never were any good at it to start with.  The fact we put together a defensive unit lacking anyone who likes defending is an issue.

At the start of the season I said Flynn was extracting more out of the team than it was worth, now he is on a run of getting less out of them than they are worth.  The net/net is we find ourselves where I thought we'd be, but trending in the wrong direction.  My worry with Flynn is he seems to be ignoring the impact the system has on our defensive shape, especially given the obvious weaknesses in the individuals.

Can't disagree with any of that.
Ok, minus at least a couple of experienced heads with proper know how, a young group should still possess the hunger, desire & force of will to see out & win football matches regardless of coaching background.

Even a very average mid table L2 side shouldn't find itself 7 down at home to a non league team.
Flynn may well end up paying the price further down the line after possibly being undone by a faulty collective mindset that even the best manager would struggle to correct.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #925 on: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 21:14:33 »

Flynn sacked
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #926 on: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 21:22:08 »

Flynn sacked

Link?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #927 on: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 21:23:04 »

Link?

Various rumours on Twitter
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #928 on: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 21:25:22 »

Get that Welshy out, say get that Welshy out!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #929 on: Saturday, January 13, 2024, 21:26:07 »

This is just Clem trying to get himself some breathing space.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: