Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133045 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 14:57:38 »

Flynn said more in 3 minutes to impress me than 3 months from Morris. For once we might have proper pre season without a squad cobbled together a week before the season starts.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 15:24:18 »

Flynn said more in 3 minutes to impress me than 3 months from Morris. For once we might have proper pre season without a squad cobbled together a week before the season starts.

I thought Morris was quite at talking, the tactical analysis side anyway, it was just the matches that tended to go wrong.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 15:42:08 »

As with our previous eighty three managers, I will give him at least until the second friendly before I make up my mind whether he will be good for us!

Have to say he has the lower league experience that so many of us fans say we need and just trust he can put that type of knowledge to the squads benefit. The old roller coaster ride of STFC is ongoing.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 15:53:24 »

Really impressed with Flynn at half time and a really good opportunity to build a rapport with the fans which the last 3 managers have failed at.

Also apparently morris called Austin into his office last week and said he’s not in his plans and austin walked out laughing because he’d already signed a new contract so knew morris must be off  Girl Giggle
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 15:56:40 »

Also apparently morris called Austin into his office last week and said he’s not in his plans and austin walked out laughing because he’d already signed a new contract so knew morris must be off  Girl Giggle

Im not sure this reflects well on the club, the hierarchy or anyone involved. Chaotic, unprofessional and suggests again that Morris was being shafted.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 16:12:28 »

Really impressed with Flynn at half time and a really good opportunity to build a rapport with the fans which the last 3 managers have failed at.

Very much this, came across really well
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 16:14:28 »

As with our previous eighty three managers, I will give him at least until the second friendly before I make up my mind whether he will be good for us!

Have to say he has the lower league experience that so many of us fans say we need and just trust he can put that type of knowledge to the squads benefit. The old roller coaster ride of STFC is ongoing.
As long as we don't lose 2-0 to Supermarine and he says, "I'm very pleased with that as I wanted to see us 'playing fatigued'"

I literally had no idea what the cunt was talking about and any goodwill I had towards SL evaporated at that point...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #622 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 16:31:32 »

As long as we don't lose 2-0 to Supermarine and he says, "I'm very pleased with that as I wanted to see us 'playing fatigued'"

I literally had no idea what the cunt was talking about and any goodwill I had towards SL evaporated at that point...

Clap

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 16:55:24 »

Who's to say the new manager wont be more keen to keep Williams and offer him a better deal? If it's up to him that is. Or is that too optimistic?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 16:59:46 »

Who's to say the new manager wont be more keen to keep Williams and offer him a better deal? If it's up to him that is. Or is that too optimistic?

Anything is possible especially if Austin doesn't stay

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 17:03:13 »

Same here.
Words I know but a decent start to introduce yourself to a downbeat fanbase.
Unbelievable 10,000 to watch a league two game with nothing to play for.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 17:13:00 »

I don't like that he referred to us as "you lot." Total lack of respect. I'm writing a shit-o-gram to the Trust as we speak and I want it to be the first question asked in the Fan Forum or I'll cancel my season ticket. Disgusted.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #627 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 17:30:42 »

I thought Morris was quite at talking, the tactical analysis side anyway, it was just the matches that tended to go wrong.

Yeah, Morris talked a good game, for me.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 17:32:04 »

Although apparently that was all our fault, according to Scott Lindsey.

Also apparently morris called Austin into his office last week and said he’s not in his plans and austin walked out laughing because he’d already signed a new contract so knew morris must be off  Girl Giggle

For fuck sake.  
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #629 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 18:35:47 »

Look. We either go down the first time manager/coach route - again - which has proven unsuccessful. Or an experienced manager who has flaws. We’re in L2. What else do you expect?

One of the available managers that we've been talking about all week that have got out of this division on multiple occasions perhaps?

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: