Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133071 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:09:10 »

Firstly well done to Clem for acting so quickly and decisively and getting the man he feels is the best for the job so quickly. Definitely showing more joined up thinking than what happened in the summer. Obviously the removal of Sandro is equally, if not more important.

As for Flynn, he did pretty well overall at Newport, some exciting cup runs, getting into the play offs etc. Walsall wasn't a good spell, but most managers tend to have at least one bogey on the CV. Not totally sure what football Flynn likes to play, don't think it'll be Steve Evansesque but I think it's likely to be more pragmatic.

I'm pretty excited for next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:15:37 »

Garners record was shit at Rovers
Wellens was poor at Oldham

When will our fans learn sometimes it just doesn’t work at some clubs. We aren’t going to get a manager in who’s just got a team promoted, unfortunately.

It’s steady, he’s been around long enough to know what’s needed, he’s had 1 bad season in his whole management career

As you eluded to earlier the ones who moan never come back with a positive alternative

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:15:46 »

The removal of Morris must have been in the offing for a while with Flynn being employed so quickly.

Clearly.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:20:14 »

The main thing is the club have been decisive with the appointment. With our last two, we faffed about and probably didn't give either the best start. Hopefully we can have a strong summer and get our business done nice and early as well, rather than wait for the close of the window.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #589 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:20:27 »

Firstly well done to Clem for acting so quickly and decisively and getting the man he feels is the best for the job so quickly. Definitely showing more joined up thinking than what happened in the summer. Obviously the removal of Sandro is equally, if not more important.

As for Flynn, he did pretty well overall at Newport, some exciting cup runs, getting into the play offs etc. Walsall wasn't a good spell, but most managers tend to have at least one bogey on the CV. Not totally sure what football Flynn likes to play, don't think it'll be Steve Evansesque but I think it's likely to be more pragmatic.

I'm pretty excited for next season.
This. My excitement level has gone from a 2 under Morris to a 7 currently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:27:01 »

The removal of Morris must have been in the offing for a while with Flynn being employed so quickly.

I do wonder if there was some sort of get out clause for him or the club at the end of the season
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:28:19 »

I do wonder if there was some sort of get out clause for him or the club at the end of the season

Either way the Flynn contractual stuff has been sorted quickly.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #592 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:30:17 »

I fucking hope we did, and judging by the previous 5 or 6 games (excluding Wimbledon away) I would think Jodie(y) himself triggered it with some of his tactical decisions and shocking substitutions.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
donaldslovehild

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 10:55:25 »

Totally underwhelmed. If he, supposedly, knows what it takes to get out out of this division, why hasn't managed it?
Welcome back murder ball!
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 11:00:50 »

Nothing like backing the new manager is there?

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 11:08:54 »

Totally underwhelmed. If he, supposedly, knows what it takes to get out out of this division, why hasn't managed it?
Look. We either go down the first time manager/coach route - again - which has proven unsuccessful. Or an experienced manager who has flaws. We’re in L2. What else do you expect?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 11:09:27 »

Look. We either go down the first time manager/coach route - again - which has proven unsuccessful. Or an experienced manager who has flaws. We’re in L2. What else do you expect?

Probably Alex Ferguson.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 11:09:47 »

There's no pleasing some🤣

So, give no fucks
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 11:12:06 »

:
Beers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Monday, May 8, 2023, 11:16:04 »

Hodgetts saying Mike Flynn will be introduced to the crowd at half time.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: