Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133042 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:17:14 »

There is a difference between being direct in style and out & out hoofball.
Not convinced that Flynn is as inclined to the latter as some are fretting about.
He did try and change the style of play once a new pitch was in place at Newport.

It could be said that both of our last two promotion winning sides were direct in terms of minimising risk at the back and trying to play the football in the opponent's half.
Yes the squad will need some remodelling for sure regardless of who the next manager / head coach is.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:17:56 »

I respect your views Adje but we're in a bit of a mess at the moment so I would rather an experienced manager take the reigns than another academy coach and if it is confirmed tomorrow/this week Clem needs commending for reacting so quickly enabling Flyn time to rebuild & plan over the summer.

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:21:13 »

I respect your views Adje but we're in a bit of a mess at the moment so I would rather an experienced manager take the reigns than another academy coach and if it is confirmed tomorrow/this week Clem needs commending for reacting so quickly enabling Flyn time to rebuild & plan over the summer.
Yes I agree. No more academy coaches. But that doesn't mean Flynn in

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:22:44 »

No complaints from me. Managers aren’t unsuccessful at a club before they even start.

Ffs, give the bloke a chance. We’re L2 bottom feeders. Anyone mentioned in this thread would have had negative comments - yet unable to give an opinion on who would be better.

People need to wind their necks in a bit.

#fickleasfuck
No they don't. They can unwind their necks as much as they want. It's a forum

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:25:26 »

hardly a shock some people will be excited, some dread the appointment, some in-between.

its not like we aren't doing it every 6 months.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:26:55 »

hardly a shock some people will be excited, some dread the appointment, some in-between.

We’ll be having the same conversation within 18 months if not sooner. Whoever it is, they’ll either be good and move on or shit and sacked.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:27:37 »

We change managers almost as often as the country changes Prime Ministers Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:27:57 »

Forums are to express opinions. Fine if people don’t rate Flynn - but not to have an opinion who they think would be a good alternative is just being negative for negative’s sake. It’s
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:31:11 »

Forums are to express opinions. Fine if people don’t rate Flynn - but not to have an opinion who they think would be a good alternative is just being negative for negative’s sake.

I'm not sure you need to know what the answer is, to have the opinion that the person being appointed isn't it.

To me the problem comes when you (the fans) don't give the new manager a chance.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:31:13 »

Forums are to express opinions. Fine if people don’t rate Flynn - but not to have an opinion who they think would be a good alternative is just being negative for negative’s sake. It’s
Oh is it? All right then . Ryan Mason. Lee Bowyer....
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:33:24 by adje » Logged

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:31:45 »

We change managers almost as often as the country changes Prime Ministers Smiley

And our last few have been about as much use

I come from a land down-under
adje

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:40:20 »

And I don't buy that "Flynn made Twine a better player". He was a good player before he went there. That was down to us and our balls up (Wellens if I remember correctly)

river monster

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:53:13 »

And I don't buy that "Flynn made Twine a better player". He was a good player before he went there. That was down to us and our balls up (Wellens if I remember correctly)
Spot on for me.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:58:42 »

Had he moved deeper into midfield from striker before he went there? Can’t remember but that was really the making of him, his assist tally’s have been as impressive as his goals imo.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 16:09:14 »

He probably instilled confidence in him by playing him and telling what potential he had. One thing for sure is he never played hoofball whilst he was there and have a feeling Flynn changed Newports style from the season previous.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: