Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133079 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:46:43 »

Which boxes?

Experience of the league
Play off finishes in 2 of last 4 seasons.
FA Cup runs (3rd and 5th round) in 2 of the last 4 seasons
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:48:11 »

That's still not enough 🤣

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:50:49 »

No issue with Flynn. Big issue with Flynn + this squad. Total overhaul required.
DMC

« Reply #453 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:51:10 »

Just need to accept it and get on with it.
50 / 50 with me but in all fairness no stand out candidates.

100% this for me Duke. For every candidate there will be reason to doubt, i am glad we have at least gone for a manager who has experience of the league
DMC

« Reply #454 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:51:38 »

No issue with Flynn. Big issue with Flynn + this squad. Total overhaul required.
Even fucking better  Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:51:52 »

100% this for me Duke. For every candidate there will be reason to doubt, i am glad we have at least gone for a manager who has experience of the league

Hatswell number two ?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:53:00 »

Has it been confirmed anywhere or still heresy 

So, give no fucks
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:53:06 »

Agree that an overhaul is now needed, however I’m convinced we could get Pep in and he would struggle to get anything out of the current squad, therefore not too concerned with an overhaul being needed. Yes, not ideal, but out of every squad we’ve had in the past few seasons (barring the dreadful 20/21 season) this is the squad most in need of an overhaul.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:53:55 »

Which boxes?

Experienced at league 2 level, capable of putting together a competitive side and a different direction to where we are.

As I said, wouldn’t have been my first choice but if the rumours are to be believed that it was out of Artell, Cowleys and Flynn then all come with their own degrees or risk for varying reasons and where we are right now, I’m not sure who we could attract that didn’t have that.

Wouldn’t have minded Artell but he had the risk of only one prior job and as has been mentioned before could potentially have gotten lucky with a good crop of players coming through the academy at one time. Wouldn’t mind either of Cowleys or Flynn, certainly not going to be snobby on playing style and hold that against them as we’ve seen that it can get results, however both have blots on their records from prior job and there’s the risk of our current squad not being set up to play like that at all and needing ripping up (not that I’m against that).

So there’s risk factors to beat any of the options with if they were to get the job if you really wanted to. It’s fair enough to note those risks but to label any of them as “worst appointment we could make” is a bit of a stretch I’d say. Plenty of worse options about.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:55:16 »

To be fair the same was true of Ossie, except he just trusted the same players to play.

We all thought that we needed to add a couple of big Center Backs, a tough tackler in midfield & a big striker anyway.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:56:32 »

Looking back in time how many managers have the majority really been happy with!

So, give no fucks
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:56:51 »

Experience of never getting out of the league!

How many seasons without getting promoted before your experience means fuck all is the question? I'm being harsh there for sure, i know he got to the PO twice with Newport. But you get the point.
DMC

« Reply #462 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:57:21 »

Hatswell number two ?
Yes mate. As you know though that could change in 20 minutes Crying
DMC

« Reply #463 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 14:58:57 »

Experience of never getting out of the league!

How many seasons without getting promoted before your experience means fuck all is the question? I'm being harsh there for sure, i know he got to the PO twice with Newport. But you get the point.

We have to be realistic though. What are the alternatives and also look at who he got there with. He also managed to turn a very technical player like Twine into something special as well
adje

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 15:00:07 »

Experienced at league 2 level, capable of putting together a competitive side and a different direction to where we are.

As I said, wouldn’t have been my first choice but if the rumours are to be believed that it was out of Artell, Cowleys and Flynn then all come with their own degrees or risk for varying reasons and where we are right now, I’m not sure who we could attract that didn’t have that.

Wouldn’t have minded Artell but he had the risk of only one prior job and as has been mentioned before could potentially have gotten lucky with a good crop of players coming through the academy at one time. Wouldn’t mind either of Cowleys or Flynn, certainly not going to be snobby on playing style and hold that against them as we’ve seen that it can get results, however both have blots on their records from prior job and there’s the risk of our current squad not being set up to play like that at all and needing ripping up (not that I’m against that).

So there’s risk factors to beat any of the options with if they were to get the job if you really wanted to. It’s fair enough to note those risks but to label any of them as “worst appointment we could make” is a bit of a stretch I’d say. Plenty of worse options about.
Did worse than us this season. Name a realistic worse appointment

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: