Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133076 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 12:32:37 »

I don't care if county are 2-0 down.

I'd rather shove knitting needles up my pee hole while watching the coronation on loop than have Luke Williams back
Luke Garrard anybody?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 12:33:51 »

Grim stuff
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 12:41:31 »

Good lord, does it. I couldn't find one left to ask in Swindon

Well among your lefty acolytes I’m not surprised. Try casting your net a little further.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:03:39 »

Luke Garrard anybody?

My choice tbh.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:08:12 »

Luke Garrard anybody?
I’d give him a go, someone that seems to be on the up and seems to get a team well drilled on limited resources. The numbers are literally falling off the Boreham players shirts which shows how limited their budget must be.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #380 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:09:21 »

Luke Garrard anybody?
Notts County, look like Swindon, all passing and no quality around the box.

Boreham Wood resort to hoofing the ball away and barely touching the ball and trying to score on the counter.

Not exactly an exciting advertisment for football this game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:11:11 »

My choice tbh.
I'm no big fan, but he does seem to get the big results.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:14:48 »

I think Luke Garrard would have been a good appointment last Summer instead of Lyndsey but can't see Clem taking a chance on another inexperienced manager at this level.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #383 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:16:30 »

Garrard does like to get his teams playing with the "dark arts". Chalk and cheese with a Williams teams today. FWIW I wouldnt want either of these as manager, one extreme to the other.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:17:12 »

I think Luke Garrard would have been a good appointment last Summer instead of Lyndsey but can't see Clem taking a chance on another inexperienced manager at this level.
Is there much of difference in standard? I notice they have the best defence in the national league average less than a goal a game which suggests he knows how to set up a team.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:19:35 »

In experience? He's literally in the play offs in the league below and faced several league teams in cup runs. The reality is, it isn't a huge jump.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:19:59 »

Is there much of difference in standard? I notice they have the best defence in the national league average less than a goal a game which suggests he knows how to set up a team.

Possibly not but a bigger team which we are comes with more expectation and maybe the owner doesn't want to take the risk again.

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:21:58 »

Possibly not but a bigger team which we are comes with more expectation and maybe the owner doesn't want to take the risk again.
I don’t see how it’s any more of risk than going for anyone that’s already failed at this level? In fact surely that’s more of a risk as there’s already a track record?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #388 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:22:25 »

The difference in standard isnt that much TBH between our league and the Conference but my god this Boreham wood side are not exciting to watch. They set up like Harrogate or a Cowley team, massive players with 2 quick strikers who counter attack. It would be a massive culture shock and we do not have one player in our team that would be able to play the way "Wood" set up.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, May 7, 2023, 13:22:56 »

In experience? He's literally in the play offs in the league below and faced several league teams in cup runs. The reality is, it isn't a huge jump.

I'm not disputing what you're saying but it's Clem you have to convince as he's had his fingers burn twice already.
Anyway I thought the position had been filled pending an announcement😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: