Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133053 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:10:13 »

If Notts County don't go up I'd be happy with getting Luke Williams in

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:18:24 »

If Notts County don't go up I'd be happy with getting Luke Williams in

Not sure if serious.....

I assume his style has changed a fair bit if this is a serious suggestion.

Though right now I'd say Notts County were a better bet for next season.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:21:36 »

Not sure if serious.....

I assume his style has changed a fair bit if this is a serious suggestion.

Though right now I'd say Notts County were a better bet for next season.

He has gone away and done the hard work of gaining experience, I'd have him back.  I very much doubt Notts County and he feel like they'd give us a look in though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:23:00 »

I'll take Darrell Clarke please. 4 management jobs. 4 promotions. That's the kind of experience I can get behind.

This for me in a nutshell.

As for his antics in the play-offs, it was pretty much something or nothing in a highly charged game. He came out and apologised afterwards;

Clarke, recently returned from bereavement leave following the death of a close family member, told Sky Sports: "I want to apologise. I shouldn't have done what I did on the touchline. I apologise to Swindon and Dion. They're a good club, he's a good player. I don't know what came over me. I've had an emotional time. It's the first time I've been sent off.

Not sure it really warrants so much pearl clutching.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:23:29 »

Luke Williams? fuck that!

Clems Army!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:25:31 »

Agree with this completely. Not a very good character in my book, and don't want him here regardless of promotion pedigree.

.... and this is based on?

If it's just his play off behaviour then I've seen a lot worse. You'd be writing off a lot of successful managers if that's where you draw the line.

..never go back.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:25:52 »

This for me in a nutshell.

As for his antics in the play-offs, it was pretty much something or nothing in a highly charged game. He came out and apologised afterwards;

Clarke, recently returned from bereavement leave following the death of a close family member, told Sky Sports: "I want to apologise. I shouldn't have done what I did on the touchline. I apologise to Swindon and Dion. They're a good club, he's a good player. I don't know what came over me. I've had an emotional time. It's the first time I've been sent off.

Not sure it really warrants so much pearl clutching.

I'd actually forgotten what everyone was talking about - I remember that now, christ, talk about a storm in a teacup if that's all that is winding people up about him.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:37:34 »

I'd actually forgotten what everyone was talking about - I remember that now, christ, talk about a storm in a teacup if that's all that is winding people up about him.

People's priorities are odd. Much of the fan base were alright with a man that hero worshipped Mussolini and had a history of giving fascist salutes from the pitch to far right ultra gangs.

But this makes someone beyond the pale.

Fuck that I want out of this suit division asap.

..never go back.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:44:49 »

.... and this is based on?

If it's just his play off behaviour then I've seen a lot worse. You'd be writing off a lot of successful managers if that's where you draw the line.

It's not that one antic, he has just always come across like a bit of a cretin to me, and therefore i don't want him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:45:35 »

Surely its just the wounds of the night at Vale not fully healed.

People would settle down.

edit: Oh OK Riddick. Fair enough.

Where the hell did the dog wanking stuff come from?
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 12:49:22 »

It's a lovely romantic notion but sadly one that I don't think is likely. You look down the list of who's who of league 2 managers and (maybe apart from Mark Hughes) it's a generic list of bog standard lower league managers. You look at clubs like Stevenage with Evans and Carlisle with Simpson and they've done absolutely brilliantly on what I'm assuming are budgets well below ours?

Steve Evans is an interesting one. His long managerial record is very mixed (and I'm not touching on the various scandals stretching back to his Boston days). There have been surprisingly good achievements and yet failures at what looked like ideal jobs. Peterborough United was supposed to be the job he'd long wanted but he lasted less than a year there.
But although Stevenage were a long price pre this season they were very quick off the mark putting together a much changed squad for the new campaign with an increased budget. I thought they'd do well but was not expecting they'd win  automatic promotion.

It is significant that Evans had nine matches in charge at the end of last season. That can be invaluable in assessing who and what needs changing and is not something the incoming manager at Swindon will have. But the sooner the new (and right) man is appointed the better.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:03:12 »

Quite like the idea of Clarke to be honest. Think he wants a break from the game though.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:04:05 »

Me too, plus it would piss off Rovers fans. Win win.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:08:22 »

Steve Evans is an interesting one. His long managerial record is very mixed (and I'm not touching on the various scandals stretching back to his Boston days).
Touching being the operative word, flashing his cock at a female steward at Bradford he should have gone to prison for to add to his Boston 1 year suspended sentence, the man is a fucking balloon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 13:08:52 »

Quite like the idea of Clarke to be honest. Think he wants a break from the game though.
He has had a year break from football in the last year at Port Vale Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: