Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133031 times)
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 09:23:42 »

Thats fact RE piss poor facilities at Calne as I remember JM in one of his early interviews saying how its not ideal and could be a better environment (along them lines)

If the training facilities are bad that will put off a lot of potential managers. But are they any worse now than when Wellens led you to the title three years ago? Just how bad are they?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 09:32:33 »

If the training facilities are bad that will put off a lot of potential managers. But are they any worse now than when Wellens led you to the title three years ago? Just how bad are they?

As James once sang:

'If i had'nt seen such riches, i could live with being poor!'

Hope it wasnt a Roy Keane World Cup melt down, when he stormed home from the Paddys training camp...

Clems Army!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 09:33:27 »

FWIW, Morris moaned about every single thing he could and Wellens team that season trained at multiple different venues that season due to calne pitch not being up to scratch (since had investment on pitches I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it somewhere)

I think its more the distance from ground and the fact players can't have food prepared at calne that are the issues.

Morris came from Champions league winners Chelsea, Derby to little Swindon. The culture shock woulda been a rude awakening haha
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 09:41:46 »

FWIW, Morris moaned about every single thing he could and Wellens team that season trained at multiple different venues that season due to calne pitch not being up to scratch (since had investment on pitches I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it somewhere)

I think its more the distance from ground and the fact players can't have food prepared at calne that are the issues.

Morris came from Champions league winners Chelsea, Derby to little Swindon. The culture shock woulda been a rude awakening haha

Thank you for the reply. Those don't sound like huge shortcomings. It also makes Wellens' achievement even more commendable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 09:46:14 »

All of Morris' whinges have been legitimate and an echo of fans own concerns.

Should they have been done behind close doors. Absolutely.

But I'll put this out there as pure speculation- the communication to fans at critical times has been shit this year. What if Morris got the same treatment of the drawbridge being raised?

Suspect Morris won't be too disappointing to leave the club, just the reputation damage
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 09:56:36 »

But I'll put this out there as pure speculation- the communication to fans at critical times has been shit this year. What if Morris got the same treatment of the drawbridge being raised?

I quite like the idea of Sandro just continually telling Morris he'll phone him back since January like he has to the Monday Night Club thing, adds a degree of slapstick to the whole thing.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 09:58:33 »

I think it’s more the distance from ground and the fact players can't have food prepared at calne that are the issues.

Just stick a burger van in the car park at Calne. Problem solved.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 10:02:58 »

the communication to fans at critical times has been shit this year.
My favourite was back in February with the advertising of the pitch for hire during the L2 play off dates just to really hammer home the level of incompetence at the club and give the impression that the club wasn’t even contemplating being in the mix.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 10:17:30 »

David Artell and Danny Cowley both odds on for the Walsall and Tranmere jobs.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 10:19:29 »

David Artell and Danny Cowley both odds on for the Walsall and Tranmere jobs.
That’s because the bookies are as unimaginative as fans.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 10:20:08 »

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/05/02/exclusive-swindon-town-set-to-announce-major-departure/

Sandro announcment coming shortly apparently.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 10:31:50 »

OMG then what will we moan about?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 10:32:47 »

OMG then what will we moan about?

The amount it’s cost us to pay off Morris and Brand, because everyone seems to know what we were paying them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 10:35:00 »

The amount it’s cost us to pay off Morris and Brand, because everyone seems to know what we were paying them.

Don’t forget Chris Kiely - I assume he will be still around

Oh and don’t forget Mrs. Austin because she tweeted something that had nothing to do with anything…that some decided was definitely about Morris.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 10:35:41 »

I was thinking this morning about the number of premier league youth coaches that seem to have failed in the last few years, in both L1 and L2.

Most of the ones I can think of seem to have only lasted 20 odd games. Are they too sheltered from the realities of football in the lower leagues?!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: