Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 133032 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 03:42:08 »

How about Picaretta as Manager and PdC as DOF?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 05:43:42 »

If the club did manage to negotiate a 6 month contract for Morris with an extension beyond that for 18 months or so (??) then it’s great business if that’s allowed us to part ways without a large compensation payment.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 05:56:16 »

Piccaretta has one year in the EFL over a decade ago. Not sure he hits the ground running.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 06:02:31 »

Simon Ferry…?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 06:06:05 »

Whoever it is needs to be charismatic and someone we can unite behind. None of the journeymen managers tick those boxes, we had enough of the bland and miserable to last a lifetime. It’s no coincidence the most fun we had as fans and success too was with PDC and Wellens where there was at least some 2 way engagement.
Not sure it was anything to do with engagement.   They both created teams that scored a shit load and conceded fuck all, which meant we all enjoyed it and therefore felt warmth towards them.

The first 10 games or so under Paolo were shocking and many wanted him gone.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 06:08:15 »

Piccaretta has one year in the EFL over a decade ago. Not sure he hits the ground running.
Agree he's not what we need.  Would be a heart over head signing.    Would be an upgrade on Sandro as Dof though.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 06:26:48 »

If the club did manage to negotiate a 6 month contract for Morris with an extension beyond that for 18 months or so (??) then it’s great business if that’s allowed us to part ways without a large compensation payment.

Agreed. I was “Morris in” but if we had a window to get out without torching next year’s transfer budget then I can see the logic.

That said the rumours that Brand was indeed on a secondment type deal from Chelsea suggest that, as usual, the famous ‘open and transparent’ mantra is likely to be bullshit again.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 06:37:00 »

Agreed. I was “Morris in” but if we had a window to get out without torching next year’s transfer budget then I can see the logic.

That said the rumours that Brand was indeed on a secondment type deal from Chelsea suggest that, as usual, the famous ‘open and transparent’ mantra is likely to be bullshit again.
Only if you believe the rumours.   A random ITK online is not an overly reliable source.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 06:38:47 »

Only if you believe the rumours.   A random ITK online is not an overly reliable source.

Do you think that Brand had a three month contract after all that wrangling?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 07:55:10 »

He'd have checked out the facilities before he agreed. He wouldn't have counted on a spiv getting rid of the captain and then leaving the paperwork on his replacement clogged in the fax machine without hitting send though.

I heard (and of course this is speculation) that JM was not happy with the Calne Training facility and was pretty vocal about it. He must have known about that before accepting the role I would have thought, I doubt very much Sandro walked him around Foundation Park and said - "here you go Jody, this is our spanking training facility."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 07:58:56 »

I heard (and of course this is speculation) that JM was not happy with the Calne Training facility and was pretty vocal about it. He must have known about that before accepting the role I would have thought, I doubt very much Sandro walked him around Foundation Park and said - "here you go Jody, this is our spanking training facility."

Oh i dunno!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 08:48:09 »

I read that post as opinion, not 'factual' ITK.

The statement isn't even that clear on whether it was sacked, walked, mutual.

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 08:56:12 »

I know he/Jeremy Wray basically destroyed our one chance of long term stability but.... who can honestly say they wouldn't be  a little bit excited if Paolo came back?

I know he won't but the thought of him marching out to the centre circle, scarf above head, after we smash Harrogate 5-0 in August fills my heart with joy in a way that the Cowleys/Appleton/Flynn/Artell NEVER will.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 08:59:17 »

Thats fact RE piss poor facilities at Calne as I remember JM in one of his early interviews saying how its not ideal and could be a better environment (along them lines)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 09:10:43 »

It was probably the point where he had to deliver the players lunches to Calne that he got fed up
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: