Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535799 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3405 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:30:15 »

Quote from: skiptotheLouMacari
Hence why I'm sceptical and pessimistic about this takeover.

I'm being thick I'm sure, but how does all the Sheridan stuff lead you to this?
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3406 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:30:40 »

Sheriden must have been paid well then to keep his mouth shut and continue if true
I don't know how much he was on, but the football circle is very fickle, it doesn't stop you getting another gig no mattwrvhow shit you are. I've got no reason to disbelieve my colleague but also I can't confirm if it is all true. Sheridan want good for us, but if what I've been told he wasn't captain of his own ship.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3407 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:33:59 »

I'm being thick I'm sure, but how does all the Sheridan stuff lead you to this?
As mentioned between these posts.
Like I said I can't confirm anything but why would my mate lie about how shit the regime was?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3408 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:34:26 »

Think the fans would have had a lot more respect for him had he had the balls to walk and bring this out into the open when it all started.
Could possibly have saved our season had Power been shown for the cunt he really was,  although I think we all knew anyway.
I understand that Sheridan knew it would be his last season in football and that he was guaranteed a wage but would you have been able to take the shit he did and say nothing ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3409 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:38:44 »

As mentioned between these posts.
Like I said I can't confirm anything but why would my mate lie about how shit the regime was?
Not getting at you mate but think what you are saying just confirms what most people suspected anyway.

skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3410 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:40:01 »

Think the fans would have had a lot more respect for him had he had the balls to walk and bring this out into the open when it all started.
Could possibly have saved our season had Power been shown for the cunt he really was,  although I think we all knew anyway.
I understand that Sheridan knew it would be his last season in football and that he was guaranteed a wage but would you have been able to take the shit he did and say nothing ?.

As you said, it was potentially his last gig in football, he was paid fairly well had no allegiance to Swindon so why walk. He doesn't talk about Swindon to by mate he's has some health problems and issues at home, if you're paid reasonably well why would you walk?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3411 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:41:37 »

Because you just couldn't put up with the shit !!!!.

skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3412 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:44:02 »

Not getting at you mate but think what you are saying just confirms what most people suspected anyway.

Totally agree with you, even when he took over I said to my mate, beat the yellow cunts he will get a statue erected outside the CG, however it all went wrong after that game.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3413 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:45:05 »

Suicide Suicide Cheesy Cheesy

skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3414 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:47:00 »

Because you just couldn't put up with the shit !!!!.
He is a Manc says it how it is but if it is your last pay day you do what is said to keep the money coming in. He walked in the end my mate didn't say if it was for whatever reason but said he was glad to be out of it. Make of that what you want.
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:48:35 by skiptotheLouMacari » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #3415 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:49:20 »

Whole club is in a mess.  The sooner we can get all of this swept under the carpet and start afresh the better,  gotta feeling it's going to drag on a bit longer yet though.

skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #3416 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 20:54:49 »

Whole club is in a mess.  The sooner we can get all of this swept under the carpet and start afresh the better,  gotta feeling it's going to drag on a bit longer yet though.

So do I, hence why I asked Duke earlier if he knew we're fucked of it doesn't go through. I know nothing anymore about the club or its hierarchy and I've only known snippets with Sheridan in charge. I like to read post from those who are in the know but we've been through the mill before but this is different.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3417 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 22:59:08 »

I expect like most things the truth lies in the middle.

Like, I can totally imagine Power giving Sheridan some ‘suggestions’ with regards to team selection/formation. For example;

John, make sure Curran is always in the match day squad (checks out)
John, give Scott Twine a free role so he can shine and earn me some £££
John, don’t play player x because I don’t want them to trigger a contract extension/pay rise
John, don’t play loan players y so hopefully his parent club will take him back

However, I can’t believe everything was under orders, for example:

John, go 1-0 down to Oxford and bring on a centre back upfront for 10 minutes and win 2-1
John, go to three at the back with Iandolo as one of the centre backs even though he’s never played there before
John, play shit then make 5 subs all at once for bants

....and I’d go as far as to say 3 out of 4 ‘realistic’ Power suggests probably happen at most clubs.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #3418 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 03:02:10 »

The way I look at it, even if LP pulls out a last minute curve ball to try and block the deal, Clem isn’t afraid to go to court to sort the shit out so will most likely seal the deal and immediately start proceedings

I would imagine that even with the debenture there are probably things that Clem has lined up that would fuck that out of the water just by the fact that LP has acted like a complete cockwomble throughout his tenure. LP is no doubt assuming Clem will just pay the fees…

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #3419 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 06:27:51 »

I would imagine that even with the debenture there are probably things that Clem has lined up that would fuck that out of the water just by the fact that LP has acted like a complete cockwomble throughout his tenure.

I am not sure that this is a concept recognised in law

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: