Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535676 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #3300 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:15:58 »

Have peoples opinions changed on Power?  He has failed to meet his obligations to the club while he is still the owner and has willingly run it into the ground - accelerating that in recent weeks. I don't know of any business where you stop paying your staff because someone else will take over at some point. Would he have done the same if he could sell to Able?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #3301 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:18:30 »

Also why the hell does Power care about Morfuni passing the fit and proper persons test? seems odd.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #3302 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:22:00 »

Also why the hell does Power care about Morfuni passing the fit and proper persons test? seems odd.

I can think of at least 250,000 reasons?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3303 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:23:35 »

Because if Clem fails the fit and proper, it scuppers any deal, probably allowing Power to sell to who whoever he likes and/or placing the club into admin.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3304 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:23:57 »

Power says it's hard to explain to supporters what is going on in the background when he doesn't do social media..  He is the current custodian of a Football club which had a media team and is capable of doing press conferences and posting to social media - I am sorry, but I do not beieve a word of what Power said in that interview - and given the past 18 months, why would I?  He has lied to the fans over and over again and treated them with utter contempt - that is enough for me.

Is Clem any better, who knows, but will we exist with Power owning the club?  It plainly obvious that the answer to that question is no.. 

Just get the fuck on with it EFL..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3305 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:24:09 »

Its actually surprising, that they didnt try and do this owner test much earlier.

Do we actually know when the process was kicked off, with the pace the EFL move at it could have been submitted months back.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #3306 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:24:41 »

I don’t think anyone has changed their opinion on Power. First time we’ve heard him since March and he does it on national media. He’s a serial liar.

I still thinks he wants to sell to able in my personal opinion, he brought it up a couple of times in the interview. He’s probably hoping if he frustrates things and makes it as difficult as possible Clem will pull out and he’ll get his Able deal. Blokes a crook.
Hunk

« Reply #3307 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:27:12 »

There was nothing said to suggest that anything has changed since the last update.

Bit of an overreaction by moi. Built up some hope that we'd hear something more positive, need to listen to it
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3308 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:34:21 »

What are Clem's plans, and why STFC?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3309 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:37:04 »

Quote from: 4D

we you hibernating when he went through this in interviews weeks ago.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3310 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 13:06:29 »

It's fairly easy to sow doubt and confusion with half truths, Power, and just as easy to sow adulation and hope with the same, Morfuni.

Power's comments about the transfer of Shares is likely entirely true.  On the 24th of June, when compelled by Court Order he likely offered to transfer them once he received 250k in his bank account.  I think we can take that as the truth.  Why?  Because, via the Trust, Morfuni confirmed as much.

The Trust advised that Clem essentially had two things necessary to complete before he'd sign over the cash - the first being written commitments to the financial position of the business.  Don't forget that the accounts are only to May 2020, an entire year has completed since then, through a Pandemic with no income.  Even the published accounts were Opaque, imagine the mess the yet to be signed off ones are/were.  It is entirely reasonable to get such commitments before giving over the cash and taking on the mess.  The second was EFL approval - not going to submit that until everything kicks off in motion.

Both parties are releasing snippets, all true, but lacking in context.  Given the nature of the business and that context, and knowing Power has nothing to gain with the fans, Morfuni should be penning a full throated and long winded official statement about the current situation and expectations for the coming days and weeks.  Not the Trust.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3311 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 13:16:38 »

Lee Power speaks on radio - great yet fails to communicate to the Supporters for years.
Tit for tat after yesterday’s talkshite disaster.
Just wish this would get left to the lawyers as it just delays the conclusion of the final deal and ultimately the announcement we are all waiting on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3312 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 13:19:50 »

A very pragmatic view Roberto.

I do wonder what it is (legally) that prevents Morfuni from talking directly. I gues you do want to avoid a war of words but even so..

Hey ho, another weekend in limbo beckons.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3313 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 13:22:57 »

As ever RobT to the rescue.
The ball is in Clem's court now, as it very much will be if & when he takes over, in terms of convincing an anxious & to a degree a somewhat world weary & cynical fan base.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3314 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 13:44:07 »

There's a podcast and a couple of interviews for you to watch.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: