Pages: 1 ... 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535846 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2985 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 08:43:22 »

I don't get what Lee Power has to gain from making the takeover such an unmitigated pain in the arse for Clem, but more importantly Swindon Town Football Club, its staff, players and fans. Nobody wins.

I just hope this is the last football club that Power's spite infiltrates.
Lee Power knows exactly what he is doing by delaying things.

The longer he delays it the more chance the club have of not being ready for the start of the season, stopping us having any staff left and having no players or manager to prepare ourselves for the upcoming season, putting us in a prime position for relegation in the forethcoming term.

The closer it gets to the start of the season the more chance we may not be able to fulfill fixtures due to the ground/players/staff etc not being fit or ready.

With these things happening that means Clem has the worst possible start to his new ownership and Power trying to make out that Clem is the one holding things up just to put a massively negative spin on the him and the takeover.

This is without a shadow of doubt Power doing his best to put a huge spanner in the works to stop/hinder Clems takeover bid as he knows he will get more out of this if he puts us into admin because he would class himself as a creditor (allegedly).

Spite pure and simple spite, nothing more than hatred against Clem, the club and the supporters, no wonder he has moved out of the area to Yorkshire as I am sure he would be getting threats if he still lived near Swindon from so many aggrieved fans, which I of course would not condone but I could see where that anger would come from.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2986 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 08:46:59 »

Shite player, shite owner, shite chairman.

Think that sums it up
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2987 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 08:47:23 »

Shite player, shite owner, shite chairman.

Think that sums it up

Shite person
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2988 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 08:50:30 »

Forgot that bit
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2989 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 08:57:12 »

‘Finished in football’ there are many who consider he never got started.

We'll probably never know the full story, but I think there was a period in the first half of his ownership where he genuinely did want us to succeed (and make him money, no doubt about that, but that's kinda fine) - when we were bringing in and developing the Luongos and Gladwins and he was engaged in running the club on a day to day basis. I know there are always rumours about not wanting to go up in the Preston game, but I don't think that really tallies with the squad we'd built that year.

I do wonder whether he really lost the love for it when the Sherwood events happened- they were mates, Power had a lot of faith in Williams and everything went badly and people fell out. After that it felt a lot more absentee and just trying to make money where he could.

There were definitely warning signs all along, but I think there probably was a time where he wanted to succeed together rather than just drain the club of any last bits of value. It's a huge shame it got this far.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 09:04:46 by Nemo » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #2990 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 09:19:47 »

We'll probably never know the full story, but I think there was a period in the first half of his ownership where he genuinely did want us to succeed (and make him money, no doubt about that, but that's kinda fine) - when we were bringing in and developing the Luongos and Gladwins and he was engaged in running the club on a day to day basis. I know there are always rumours about not wanting to go up in the Preston game, but I don't think that really tallies with the squad we'd built that year.

I do wonder whether he really lost the love for it when the Sherwood events happened- they were mates, Power had a lot of faith in Williams and everything went badly and people fell out. After that it felt a lot more absentee and just trying to make money where he could.

There were definitely warning signs all along, but I think there probably was a time where he wanted to succeed together rather than just drain the club of any last bits of value. It's a huge shame it got this far.

I suspect you're right.

I think he was at least partly driven by a genuine desire to get us to the Championship, albeit with often questionable means. Lots of plate spinning in the hope that success somewhere down the line will clear everything up only to be scuppered by COVID. I reckon his training ground was probably legit as well, even if he was to profit himself from the stables/houses etc. Even the season we went up under Wellens he was showing signs of ambition and doing things right.

I think Swindon is an awkward size of a club - bouncing around the bottom two leagues but with the potential to go higher. Too many chancers will look at that and think they can profit and be a hero for getting the club established in the Championship but, in reality, they have neither the financial wherewithal nor the nous. (Hopefully Clem has at least one of those)

But none of that excuses his actions during the takeover (and I'm not suggesting you were saying they do). Staff and players have not been paid despite the money having been made available. That's inexcusable. That alone should mean he never gets his hands on another club again. Not that I have much confidence in the powers that be.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 09:24:08 by Flashheart » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2991 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 09:28:04 »

Lee Power knows exactly what he is doing by delaying things.

The longer he delays it the more chance the club have of not being ready for the start of the season, stopping us having any staff left and having no players or manager to prepare ourselves for the upcoming season, putting us in a prime position for relegation in the forethcoming term.

The closer it gets to the start of the season the more chance we may not be able to fulfill fixtures due to the ground/players/staff etc not being fit or ready.

With these things happening that means Clem has the worst possible start to his new ownership and Power trying to make out that Clem is the one holding things up just to put a massively negative spin on the him and the takeover.

This is without a shadow of doubt Power doing his best to put a huge spanner in the works to stop/hinder Clems takeover bid as he knows he will get more out of this if he puts us into admin because he would class himself as a creditor (allegedly).

Spite pure and simple spite, nothing more than hatred against Clem, the club and the supporters, no wonder he has moved out of the area to Yorkshire as I am sure he would be getting threats if he still lived near Swindon from so many aggrieved fans, which I of course would not condone but I could see where that anger would come from.

I still just don't get where Power makes cash from Admin, if he is in cahoots with Able why would they pay a load of money for a company with negligible assets, almost zero goodwill with its customers and no cash in the bank. Yes he is likley to be the major creditor, but all the Administraor can do is raise cash from sales and or breaking up and then distribute to creditors and there just isn't very much to realise (on top of this does the football creditor rule still apply, if it does as the FA/FL have confirmed that they are owned cash he is not even at the front of the clue for the scarce pickings from the anorexic carcass). Likewise even hope value for any blinkered individual is going to be less the lower down the pyramid the club gets.

As for the him trying to make out that Clem is the one holding things up just to put a massively negative spin on the him and the takeover, that has failed beyond miserably, you would struggle to find any supporters who believe a sodding word he says and most seem to just assume whatever he says is the polar opposite of what's happening, like most MP's if he said that grass is green most supporters would want to go outside and check before believing him.

I remain of the opinion its pure fantasy mixed with spite and a pathetic approach that is I can't have my toys then no one can.

Is it confirmed that he has moved back to the UK, seems odd what with what he may be facing, assume the cash has run out.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2992 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 09:34:45 »

I don't think we'll make sense of things until after he's gone and the skeletons come out.

I'm not itk, just a feeling because nothing at this stage makes sense of his actions other than pettiness/vindictiveness
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2993 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 09:45:12 »

Looking back, the methods and deceit that Power engaged in to acquire funding for his acquisition, meant that STFC remained built on sand. 

Covid took the tide right out and it is probably for the best that our problems have come to light sooner rather than later.  Power has been living the lie since the beginning, imo.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2994 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 09:53:07 »

I still just don't get where Power makes cash from Admin, if he is in cahoots with Able why would they pay a load of money for a company with negligible assets, almost zero goodwill with its customers and no cash in the bank. Yes he is likley to be the major creditor, but all the Administraor can do is raise cash from sales and or breaking up and then distribute to creditors and there just isn't very much to realise (on top of this does the football creditor rule still apply, if it does as the FA/FL have confirmed that they are owned cash he is not even at the front of the clue for the scarce pickings from the anorexic carcass). Likewise even hope value for any blinkered individual is going to be less the lower down the pyramid the club gets.

As for the him trying to make out that Clem is the one holding things up just to put a massively negative spin on the him and the takeover, that has failed beyond miserably, you would struggle to find any supporters who believe a sodding word he says and most seem to just assume whatever he says is the polar opposite of what's happening, like most MP's if he said that grass is green most supporters would want to go outside and check before believing him.

I remain of the opinion its pure fantasy mixed with spite and a pathetic approach that is I can't have my toys then no one can.

Is it confirmed that he has moved back to the UK, seems odd what with what he may be facing, assume the cash has run out.

He won’t make cash from admin perse. I suspect he’s already had what he can or what he thinks he’s entitled to. He gets to appoint an administrator of his choosing, someone who has shall we say ‘empathy’ towards his perilous state ‘not of his making’, honestly guv. The admin sells the club to Able for peanuts and hey presto Able close it all down after ‘realising’ or finding skeletons that were not ‘ahem’ disclosed. Power walks away with a clean slate leaving a ground zero of of a club and creditors by the score with nothing.

That’s all legal btw.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 10:15:04 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2995 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 10:32:21 »

Isn’t there a rule that football creditors get paid first, if that’s true would that mean he would be one of the first in the queue?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2996 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 10:50:36 »

Isn’t there a rule that football creditors get paid first, if that’s true would that mean he would be one of the first in the queue?

Only if there is anything to pay them with.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2997 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 10:58:51 »

Just want him gone.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #2998 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 11:11:14 »

One would suspect that there are lots of skeletons on the cupboard and more time come help lose as many as possible.

I suspect Morfuni and assisted by others will have a handle on the accounts now and will only pay "genuine" creditors including Shareholders loan accounts for example.

That is one reason why a sole owner and 100% shareholder simply is not a good idea.

Clem Morfuni, I really hope you are the real deal.

COYMRs    
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #2999 on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021, 11:20:08 »

I don't think we'll make sense of things until after he's gone and the skeletons come out.

I'm not itk, just a feeling because nothing at this stage makes sense of his actions other than pettiness/vindictiveness

Unfortunately with STFC over the years there have always been skeletons in the cupboard, some very minor some major, and my instincts make me think that Mr Power has a whole collection of them. As shown in his past, they in all likelihood are based upon financial juggling and my worry is that it could involve a whole host of interested parties, not just the football authorities.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: