Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535826 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2805 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:36:58 »

I'd hazard a guess that he has a lot of it more or less 'sorted' already just waiting to be signed.

hope so FH. Fingers crossed we get some good news today or tomorrow.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2806 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:39:38 »

Just over 4 weeks to the start of season and the likes of Bristol City are into their eleventh day of pre-season training. The clock really is ticking......

With respect Jimmy. I couldn't give a flying fuck about Bristol City's pre-season training.

We all want the takeover done and Power out of the club as soon as possible. Obviously the quicker this is done, the quicker we can turn around all of the obstacles the club has ahead of it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2807 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:42:23 »

Neither do I Bob just saying how far we're already behind in planning for the new season and how time is quickly running out

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2808 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:45:50 »

Neither do I Bob just saying how far we're already behind in planning for the new season and how time is quickly running out
To be honest if we only get a team together in the January window we'd still have a decent chance of managing to stay up in league 2 as there are always some really poor teams in this league that struggle to pick up any points.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2809 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:46:46 »

As it's stands we haven't got a team to start the season😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2810 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:48:23 »

Yep, I appreciate that. I'm still hopeful of a resolution this week but if this slips any further then its going to be concerning what team we are going to be able to start the season with. That said, I'm sure the new regime are working behind the scenes to ensure it can happen quickly, but until we get the takeover rubber stamped the hands are tied.

As Theakston says, we may have to look towards January to recruit 'properly' and attempt to pickup enough points between August and Jan to give us a good chance.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2811 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:51:54 »

As it's stands we haven't got a team to start the season😀
We've got a few first teamers and under 18's so we could field a team, probably wouldn't be competitive but we have a 'team' and if the takeover happens the situation will only improve so we shouldn't worry about not fulfilling fixtures. If we are in the same situation at the end of the transfer window that will be concerning but it's not the end of the world yet as it's not like potential signings won't be keeping themselves fit or doing preseason training with other clubs and what not.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2812 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:54:08 »

We've got a few first teamers and under 18's so we could field a team, probably wouldn't be competitive but we have a 'team' and if the takeover happens the situation will only improve so we shouldn't worry about not fulfilling fixtures. If we are in the same situation at the end of the transfer window that will be concerning but it's not the end of the world yet as it's not like potential signings won't be keeping themselves fit or doing preseason training with other clubs and what not.

What is the loan limit? Is it 5? You would imagine we will almost certainly be utilising this route.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2813 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:54:50 »

please please please let this end this week
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2814 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:54:50 »

please please please let it be this week
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2815 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:56:16 »

What is the loan limit? Is it 5? You would imagine we will almost certainly be utilising this route.
The loan limit I understand is 8 but only 5 can be in the matchday squad for any game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #2816 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:56:37 »

If we can get a reasonable squad together before this window slams shut then we're fine. We'll be behind in terms of preparation and fitness etc, but will catch up before too long and will still probably pick up a few points in that time. The January window can then help us to plug a few holes.

It needs to happen pronto, though. I would not be surprised if we have players lined up and waiting to sign but they're probably not going to wait for much longer.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2817 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 09:59:10 »

Something like that, as long as things are in place in time to give enough time before the end of the transfer window I'm not fussed as you can afford a slow start in this league. The 2 times we won it we didn't exactly start the season flying and none of us are even thinking about challenging at the top end so we've got a good 2 months yet to get things in place for the season.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2818 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 10:14:09 »

The BBC now putting out their view.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-57739113

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #2819 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 10:21:49 »

Quote from: BBC
The longer the deal takes, the more fans fear the club won't be ready for the new season and many are holding off buying season tickets.....
"Very few Swindon fans have been willing to commit themselves financially," said football finance expert Kieran Maguire.

Great research there, what with season tickets not being on sale yet. Not sure how I could commit myself financially to the club even if I wanted to
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: