Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535829 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2760 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:37:53 »

Lee Power passed the test, and although nobody could’ve predicted how bad things would become, there was enough in his background to at least be wary and yet he passed with no problem. Seems to be a completely pointless box ticking exercise.

If I recall correctly didn’t Power have to show some paperwork with some money on it, but with no obligation to actually keep that money in the club? Or am I just deliriously rambling?

“Look Shawn I’ve got loads of money” whilst waving in the air wads of Monopoly money.
Something like that.
I often wonder what William Patey is doing now.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2761 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:40:40 »

Thanks. I was slightly worried at first glance by the wording here:

‘before determining whether to take up that option’, as it suggested to me that he may be umming and aahing about whether to take up the option at all. But if it’s just a case of waiting for EFL approval before that final sign off then I needn’t be worried, and that is how it reads to me now I’ve looked again

I suppose the crux is there is no point shelling out £2.4m (or whatever) buying an asset that you actually cannot own under EFL rules.

Its quite the breath of fresh air to have someone dealing with paperwork in a straight and grown up manner.
Hunk

« Reply #2762 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:42:59 »

“Look Shawn I’ve got loads of money” whilst waving in the air wads of Monopoly money.
Something like that.

Patey was talking about boring stuff like politics last year:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-international-law-eu-withdrawal-agreement-b431691.html%3famp
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #2763 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:45:40 »

The most interesting part of that statement from the EFL was the below:-

As part of that review the EFL Board did implement a policy of taking action against individuals and as matters develop and subsequently conclude elsewhere it will determine what, if any, action against individuals is appropriate in the circumstances.

Hopefully if they actually do this when the takeover is complete Power will be banned from ever being allowed to own or get involved with another football club again.  As for the Fit and Proper test that needs to be complete repurposed so it actually scrutinises potential owners so that a Bury, a Macclesfield or even our situation never happens again.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2764 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 11:46:39 »

The ever helpful Sun journalist has tweeted 'that's never a quick process' with an embarrassed and thinking smiley emoji.

But in this case it cant drag on as the club is in limbo with nobody at the helm and they would be fully aware of that, non payment of wages, creditors etc so I'm sure they will be dealing with this as a matter of urgency.

It also depends what extra the FL need as Clem passed the test to become a director so maybe a few more hurdles, but as he lodged money with the courts and provided proof of funds to the court that hurdle will be straight forward.

But sadly we all know the FL's FPPT isn't worth the paper it is written on (I'm sure Mr Power & Mr Standing wont agree on that though)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #2765 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:17:04 »

Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but interesting that the official club Twitter account has shared the EFL Statement.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2766 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:18:40 »

I wondered that ..

I think I'm looking for meaning in everything.

it's official EFL comms , and afaik nobody has been paid ... no reason not to retweet
Flashheart

« Reply #2767 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:33:11 »

Same here
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #2768 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:35:54 »

But in this case it cant drag on as the club is in limbo with nobody at the helm and they would be fully aware of that, non payment of wages, creditors etc so I'm sure they will be dealing with this as a matter of urgency.

You would hope so.

Are we to believe this is the last hurdle and everything else is in place now then? Or is this just another step on the long road.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2769 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:39:06 »

Impossible to say beyond 'its another step'.

Last update was that the share transfer hadn't happened because there was legal wrangling over the "undertaking". We (non itk) don't know if this has been cleared or whether its still ongoing.

At least by paralleling up, he can hit the ground running without the need to wait for league approval.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #2770 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:40:37 »

Apart from being a cunt, which he's clearly a natural at, I've seen him on sky news and newsnight talking about middle East issues.  

I'm sure he's not losing any sleep over the total mess he left us in.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #2771 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 13:02:48 »

And a Trust statement...

https://truststfc.tv/truststfc-press-release-update-on-transition-of-ownership-of-stfc-to-axis-group-and-clem-morfuni/

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2772 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 13:10:01 »

Apart from being a cunt, which he's clearly a natural at, I've seen him on sky news and newsnight talking about middle East issues. 

I'm sure he's not losing any sleep over the total mess he left us in.

I'll be honest, if I'd been Ambassador to Afghanistan, Sudan and Iraq I may not have selling a football club to a crappy owner that high up my list of nightmares either.

Feels like things are heading in the right direction. Not quickly, but it'll get there.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2773 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 13:34:07 »

Are we on course for one of the best Friday statements ever perhaps?

And before anyone asks, I am not ITK!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2774 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 13:36:36 »

"In light of this TrustSTFC urge the EFL to approve this full ownership approval from Mr Morfuni straight away to ensure the sale can proceed as quickly as possible. TrustSTFC have previously completed significant due diligence on Clem Morfuni and the Axis Group and expect no issues as part of this full application."

Without coming over all JBZ, I did wonder whether the EFL give a shit or not whether the Swindon Town Trust have done due diligence on Clem and Axis or not?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: