Pages: 1 ... 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 535849 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #2685 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 13:12:04 »

The fact is though, Power holds the cards and if he doesn't bend we're up shit creek.

..unless the court steps in.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #2686 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 14:07:22 »

Everyone just needs to chill. Quite likely Clem/Axis will have control by end of next week and I’m sure they have all positions filled and ready to hit the ground running. As for Power i wouldn’t be surprised if he’s charged with contempt of court.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2687 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 14:23:04 »

Everyone just needs to chill. Quite likely Clem/Axis will have control by end of next week and I’m sure they have all positions filled and ready to hit the ground running. As for Power i wouldn’t be surprised if he’s charged with contempt of court.

On your last point, I think this is unlikely. I should add that I have not seen the relevant orders (you may have those).

Nothing to see here
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #2688 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 14:33:50 »

On your last point, I think this is unlikely. I should add that I have not seen the relevant orders (you may have those).

Not at all my friend, but if you tell the judge you can afford to run the club until September and the judge buys that but it transpires you can’t and haven’t/ won’t along with all the players unpaid and now the rent, then if I was the judge I’d personally be feeling Power is taking the piss out of me. Surely if Axis go back to the court to force the transfer through I can’t see any credibility Power has left.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2689 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 14:48:53 »

Not at all my friend, but if you tell the judge you can afford to run the club until September and the judge buys that but it transpires you can’t and haven’t/ won’t along with all the players unpaid and now the rent, then if I was the judge I’d personally be feeling Power is taking the piss out of me. Surely if Axis go back to the court to force the transfer through I can’t see any credibility Power has left.

Very briefly, a party can be in contempt of court in civil proceedings if they fail to comply with certain court orders (eg injunctions) or if they sign a statement of truth in a witness statement without an honest belief that the contents of the document are true.  This is not a criminal matter but this can lead to a fine or imprisonment.

Nothing to see here
kaufman

« Reply #2690 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 15:40:21 »

Are you Banbury from a week ago in disguise?
I’m envious of your positivity. Very much hope you’re right
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #2691 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 17:08:05 »

Are you Banbury from a week ago in disguise?
I’m envious of your positivity. Very much hope you’re right

I’m no Banbury but being a Town fan means we’re used to worst case scenarios because that’s what’s always happened. But what if Clem/Axis are the real deal? What is this is resolved next week? What if Clem has a whole team ready on standby ready to March into SN1 and jumpstart this once great club? Maybe the excitement from England in the Euro’s has clouded my usual miserable outlook, but on this occasion I feel that this is the beginning of something great. Question is who wants to join me at the front of the rollacoaster?
Hunk

« Reply #2692 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 17:23:41 »

I’m no Banbury but being a Town fan means we’re used to worst case scenarios because that’s what’s always happened. But what if Clem/Axis are the real deal? What is this is resolved next week? What if Clem has a whole team ready on standby ready to March into SN1 and jumpstart this once great club? Maybe the excitement from England in the Euro’s has clouded my usual miserable outlook, but on this occasion I feel that this is the beginning of something great. Question is who wants to join me at the front of the rollacoaster?

Me. I’m harbouring the same hopes. And let’s not forget, although this has fairly seemed like a rollercoaster to us fans since last Friday, it could all be meeting the timescale that Clem anticipated for all we know. If that’s the case there’s at least a chance your wishes for a team ready to go could just come true.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2693 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 17:25:25 »

Let's just hope Clem has enough money to move us forward after purchasing

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #2694 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 17:27:28 »

Easy to be up and down with all of this.
Early last week more positive, latter end of week a little more negative.
A new week this week and starting to feel a sense of when not if thus all positive again.
Without doubt once this is ratified names will be out.
This is Swindon mate we are used to it.
kaufman

« Reply #2695 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 17:32:34 »

It's good to read these posts. I've ebbed and flowed between positivity and negativity these past few days and social media got the better of me.

Like i've said. The one thing I'm holding onto is that Clem doesn't seem to have any previous, unlike the current owner.

Next week then.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 20:20:44 by kaufman » Logged
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2696 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 18:59:38 »

Nice banner outside the ground.

"Pay Up Power"
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2697 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 19:01:36 »

We've not paid the rent so SBC have closed the museum and art gallery - that is not really the reason it is closing but they should speak out and blame Power anyway!  soapy tit wank
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2698 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 19:53:34 »

Nice banner outside the ground.

"Pay Up Power"

Pic!?

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2699 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 20:38:42 »